Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which 4s Did You Buy

• 16g

Votes: 196 35.8%
  • 32g

Votes: 158 28.9%
  • 64g

Votes: 193 35.3%

• Total voters

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
OK, I guess asking if you drive a Kia is an insult, and I got a warning from the mods. (not sure why it's trolling or an insult, some people only need or want a Kia. It's a popular car) Some people may have children and need more or just want more. So let me try to clarify what you're saying insult anyone.

Since the 64GB is pointless, why are we buying it? There are plenty of apps out there that take up more than 1GB each. Maybe Apple should only make a 8GB model.

16GB may be enough for you, but a 64GB is not pointless.

16GB

64GB is pointless, no reason to pay 399 and a contract for storage that most likely one would not use.

Last edited:

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Since the 64GB is pointless, why are we buying it? There are plenty of apps out there that take up more than 1GB each. Maybe Apple should only make a 8GB model.

16GB may be enough for you, but a 64GB is not pointless.

I might say that Twilight novels are pointless, or drug possession laws are pointless, or hair dye for men is pointless. It's just an opinion, you don't have to agree with him. He never said YOU shouldn't get one, just that he thinks it's pointless.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
I understand it's an opinion. He didn't say he doesn't have a use for it. He said that model is pointless.

I might say that Twilight novels are pointless, or drug possession laws are pointless, or hair dye for men is pointless. It's just an opinion, you don't have to agree with him. He never said YOU shouldn't get one, just that he thinks it's pointless.

eNcrypTioN

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Picked up the 64gb black and I'm loving it!

Kentochan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
Virginia, USA
I went with the 16GB because to me, that's more than enough. The only time i would wish I had more storage is when I take videos, but other than that I'm pretty happy with 16GB.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
I orginially bought a 32 gb but then I won a device up to $500 at my job since I had an upgrade available...I returned the 32gb and got a 64 gb free....;)

neversink

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Replace, Replace, Replace

What a task I have ahead!!! Which phone to buy?

Remember, most people will be replacing their phone every three years, so why buy the 64? I am probably going to get the 32, even though I covet the 64, I don't want to be pulled in without forgetting the obsolesence factor. I will probably replace this phone in three years anyway, if not in two.

I have an iMac with 1TB drive inside. It is not enough storage for me, so I have 6 portable hard Drives and six external hard drives that I use, each one either two or three GB (for the external desktop drives.)

There's never enough space. So I want to go for the 64 but after all, it will be replaced quicker than my computers, so I am buying the 32.

And will probably end up happy but with storage envy!!!!!

Last edited:

IO01

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
64gb. The 4S is my first iPhone. I had thought of getting the 4 last year, but I didn't mainly because there wasn't a 64gb option then.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
32 GB because it is sufficient and I still have 16 GB space left. If I had the 16 GB, I would have no more space left. 64 GB is way too much.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
What a task I have ahead!!! Which phone to buy?

Remember, most people will be replacing their phone every three years, so why buy the 64? I am probably going to get the 32, even though I covet the 64, I don't want to be pulled in without forgetting the obsolesence factor.

I'm confused - if you want to keep the phone for a long time, and you're worried about obsolescence, why wouldn't you buy the most capacity you possibly can? That seems backward to me - I could understand thinking, "I'm going to replace this phone in a year anyway, so no need to overbuy" - but your logic escapes me.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
I got the 60 gb [57 actually] because it was worth it. I have no reason to run out of space, and I have icloud, gmusic [google music], Itunes Match, so even though I dont have to worry about music, I tend to go and download games just because they are free, or apps because they are also.

I dont have time to fool around with "oh, I might have 4gbs of space.

Plus coming from an Android, I know better than to believe 16 or 32 gb is truly those amounts

onespeeder

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2011
I had 8Gb before and had to micro manage music. I went with a 32Gb this go round to insure I can get everything I want on there, plus some. I've currently got about 13Gb left.

kierennyc

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2008
NYC
Ive got the 64GB model and im glad I maxed out as Ive already used over 30GB on apps, music and taking a ton of photos!

mactmaster

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
64GB! It can store all my stuff and still leaves enough space to take plenty of video and photos.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
16GB is enough for me. I have 75 apps, 188 photos, 140 songs, 4 music videos I have 12GB left. I have to delete any apps that I never use very often. :rolleyes:

iHateMacs

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Coventry, UK
16gb as it was a gift. If I was buying myself I'd have gone for 32gb just to be safe.

16 will be fine, 32 would have allowed for unexpected usage, but 64 is way too much and would never be used.

I never used more than half of my 32gb 3GS anyway.

jgalan14

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
I got a 32gb for me when it came out and recently I had vacations , so I download an extra few games and took tons of pics (like 1051to be exact ) and men I had like 5.6GB left shouldn't gone with 64gb but then I use erase a few games (modern combat and infinity blade 2 , garage band-have it on my iPad 2 anyways ) so I'm good again, I got a 32gb for my wife for Xmas, she doesn't use that many apps but loves to take pictures and videos here and there

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
Apps like pardora are what eat up your battery life and your data plan. They are great when you are plugged into a dock or another power source though. If you're out and about, it's good to have a lot of storage on your phone, as to not eat your battery and data. Same goes for GPS apps, that's why I prefer ones that store the maps on the phone.

Before apps like Pandora, I had a need to have as much music as I could get on my phone -
Now, I have no need to fuss with it as much. I can listen to whatever I want on Pandora, still have room for thousands of songs on my 16g, (just don't need to store my entire library on my "phone" - :)

And btw, there is no correct answer, it's all about personal needs and preferences. Car manufacturers for decades have been producing the same model with different options and in different colors - ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.