Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Poll: Would You Consider Buying a 7" iPad?

Would You Consider Buying a 7" iPad?

• Yes

Votes: 194 60.6%
  • No

Votes: 126 39.4%

• Total voters

thelead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
I'm tired of seeing people argue about this. Let's get some data going.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I'm tired of seeing people argue about this. Let's get some data going.

I'm not considering one, since I already have an iPad. But I don't understand what there is to argue about. If Apple introduces one, then there is another option for people to choose from. It's win all around for everyone.

Comment

thelead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
I'm not considering one, since I already have an iPad. But I don't understand what there is to argue about. If Apple introduces one, then there is another option for people to choose from. It's win all around for everyone.

I agree.

Comment

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Actually, I would consider one for 199-249 dollars.

Apple must give me a retina display for the device, and I will buy 7-8 inch iPad.

Apple have made iPod-ipod mini and then iPod nano in the past.

They will do the same thing.

Comment

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
I'm not considering an iPad at all, regardless of size, but you don't give that option so I just selected 'No'.

Comment

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Yup. I already sold my iPad 3 and went back to an iPad 2 (My daughters that she lost interest in). Once the retina hype died I was no longer impressed and the reality of its size causing me to rarely take it with me made me decide that I no longer need it.

an eBay sale and $700 later then I've got tons of options by the end of the year. Nexus7+iPad7? Nexus7+SurfaceRT? iPad4? All I know is that Im glad I sold because Ive always felt a 7" kindle sized device is worth checking out.

Comment

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I already have a terrific iPad 3, plus the iPad 2 I just couldn't part with.

A 7" iPad... Oh Heck Yeah!!!

I'm more than ready. I'll take two, one for me and one for my wife.

Hurry Apple, just get it done.

To be perfectly honest, most of my Apple using friends are ready to buy a 7" iPad too. Just a fact.

Light, thin, small & incredibly portable. I bet sales will be just as strong as any other iToy :)

Comment

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
it will depend on how the screen looks like ... now on iPad3 set the bar high. With a smaller screen the density of pixel will be higher hence looks less pixelated on a non-retina screen as the iPad mini supposed to get.
No blind-buy; will see first in shop before getting one. But as less the price as more compromise I'm willing to do.

Comment

MaxMike

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2009
I just got a white iPad w/ Retina Display so I have no need for another. Besides, the current 9.7" screen is perfect for my textbooks

Comment

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Why do we need to poll if there is no SUCH 7" iPad exist? Save it until AFTER it is released!

Rumor about new 7" iPad is a joke!

Comment

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Yes I would consider it, it's the perfect size to read with in bed and on the train.

While the full size iPad is more of a laptop replacement, a smaller iPad is the perfect media device.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.