Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
Why aren't there ever any leaks on a new Mac Pro? Are those made in the US?

They are on a 6 year update cycle. Jk.

I am also wondering about the MacPro, but if I remember correctly, there was not too many rumors on the current MacPro before it was released.

Although, the last update before the current MacPro was about 3 years old, so this MacPro has not broke the record yet.

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
iPhone 7 - Headphone jack, single camera lens and 2GB of RAM.

iPhone 7 Plus - NO headphone jack, dual-cameras and 3GB of RAM.

iOS already has some different features for the larger phone.

The fragmentation these forums used to berate Android for is clearly very much part of Apple's game now.
[doublepost=1464046671][/doublepost]
I'll keep my beans for the 9.
That's five years away. Apple will be done by then.

uid15

Suspended
Mar 9, 2015
If this isn't real, and I think it IS, then someone has an incredibly obsessive dedication to fakery.

Virinprew

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
iphone 5 owner in desperate need of an upgrade but this iphone 7 sounds crap. I hope apple have something better than the rumours.
Same here. Can't wait for one more year, literally.
[doublepost=1464049013][/doublepost]
If you are in desperate need, than the upgrade is worth it. I moved from 5s to 6s+ and I am extremely happy about it.
Upgrading from 6S+ to this 7, however...
Some people don't want to upgrade very often because upgrading costs money. So they want to get the latest and stick with it as long as possible. And at this point, might as well wait for the 6s price drop rather than buy it new.

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
Isn't this the truth. I am not sure what to make of all these conflicting rumors.

My hopes are that there will be a 4 inch iPhone 7 that is not nerfed. I hope it keeps the phono plug for the earbud headset, and has a decent camera. Also, I hope it is available in 128GB storage size.

I have been using an iPhone 6s Plus, and will never get a phone this big again. Since I had it, the size has been annoying, except if I was sitting and had 2 hands on it.

But, two weeks ago, my wife had to get an emergency c-section, and our daughter was born premature. She will be in the NICU until July, and my wife was in the ICU until a few days ago. Since my wife was unable to see her baby, I spent all my time I could with the baby, and I found out that I hated my iPhone 6s Plus.

Trying to hold my daughter on my chest, while taking pictures of us with one hand ended up being a huge hassle. I wanted to take pictures with my daughter, but the 6s Plus is just about impossible to use one handed.

So, I hope the 7 has a 4" model. Still no rumors for it, but I hoping.

Is the gigantic chin and forehead? If not for that the phone size would be reasonable.

I have the same complaints.

shansoft

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2011
If this is true with all the latest leak and rumors, this will probably be the first generation that I skip.

The design language for iPhone 6/6S is just horrendous and feels cheaply made. The plastic stripe and protruding camera, and now the difference in camera module is simply a WTF from Apple.

I have no complain about iPhone design since the first generation to 5S. But starting from 6 seriously make the phone looks like one of those Chinese knock off / budget phone. Not sure who in the world in their marketing department think these are the good ideas to go with.

Reactions: duffman9000

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
Isn't this the truth. I am not sure what to make of all these conflicting rumors.

My hopes are that there will be a 4 inch iPhone 7 that is not nerfed. I hope it keeps the phono plug for the earbud headset, and has a decent camera. Also, I hope it is available in 128GB storage size.

I have been using an iPhone 6s Plus, and will never get a phone this big again. Since I had it, the size has been annoying, except if I was sitting and had 2 hands on it.

But, two weeks ago, my wife had to get an emergency c-section, and our daughter was born premature. She will be in the NICU until July, and my wife was in the ICU until a few days ago. Since my wife was unable to see her baby, I spent all my time I could with the baby, and I found out that I hated my iPhone 6s Plus.

Trying to hold my daughter on my chest, while taking pictures of us with one hand ended up being a huge hassle. I wanted to take pictures with my daughter, but the 6s Plus is just about impossible to use one handed.

So, I hope the 7 has a 4" model. Still no rumors for it, but I hoping.

Sorry to hear that, smaller phones are easier to handle one handed but I adjusted to the 6s+ pretty easily. One thing I did was go iPhone 6 first, got used to the 4.7" screen first, then a 6s+. Made the learning curve and adjustment much easier.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
No, I am not going to get the huge-ass phablet just for the dual cameras. Put them in the 4.7" iPhone as well.

The only differentiating factor between the normal and the Plus model should be the size and battery life (since bigger phone=bigger battery).

I'm no "Plus" fan and I like the smaller iPhone models but it seems that I have no luck using any camera invitation. Started with the first Plus model with hardware image stabilisation. Always wanted that, never liked the plus size. Same thing is going to happen with the new camera. Hate that. Gives me the feeling that I have to deal with the second best phone. Just don't get it with this strategy.
(yawns)
[doublepost=1464038879][/doublepost]I can't be the only one infuriated by them putting the best specs on the largest screen.
Having more features in an bigger iPhone is not a wise choice for consumers.

Here comes the tears! I love how they put things in the "huge-ass phablet" that they don't in the tiny phone just to see the complainers complain. I hope they load it up with more powerful chip, kick butt camera options, way longer battery life, and some other goodies.... so those of us that can handle a larger phone because we aren't dwarfs can benefit from all the awesomeness while others lube the world with tears.

but the 6s Plus is just about impossible to use one handed.
I have zero issue using my 6s+ one handed.

If that camera protrudes like the 6 did then it will be a backwards step in design for Apple.
Just make the phone 2mm thicker and have a flush back, you could also squeeze more battery into it. Having a thinner phone is pointless if you have that beer gut camera sticking out.f
I agree with you... not about the camera bump because honestly.... why does it even matter? But I do about the larger battery
Apple can't make it thicker..... goodness forbid... those that keep crying about wanting it thinner would really throw a fit.

Last edited:

wozmatic

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2014
If that camera protrudes like the 6 did then it will be a backwards step in design for Apple.

Just make the phone 2mm thicker and have a flush back, you could also squeeze more battery into it.

Having a thinner phone is pointless if you have that beer gut camera sticking out...

Woof

Soccertess

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
So are we getting iphone 6SE in Sept? It would make sense if the form factor isn't changing much.

I would believe it, Tim needs to slow down Apple's innovation to a crawl...

stevemiller

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2008
phones are now like computers in that some years it's just a minor refresh. looking forwards to the 2017 model if it indeed goes OLED, though.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
It's refreshing to think that Apple's likely to wait until iPhone 8 before spending money on upgrades beyond the camera and moving the antenna lines. By continuing it's ongoing profit taking streak, they get to thrill the devotees as Apple's cash haul assures more bragging rights.

kepler20b

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2014
It's refreshing to think that Apple's likely to wait until iPhone 8 before spending money on upgrades beyond the camera and moving the antenna lines. By continuing it's ongoing profit taking streak, they get to thrill the devotees as Apple's cash haul assures more bragging rights.
And in the fall, unless there is an unexpected feature, investors will beg to differ.
[doublepost=1464057470][/doublepost]People need to get their heads out of the sand.

The case leaks over the past few cycles have been rock-solid when it came ot predicting iphone form factor.

this is real.

Speedy Dingo

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2010
Australia
So who's correct? Flash to the right of the lens or the bottom?

iPhone-7-Proto-Italien-01.jpg
molds1-800x561.jpg

C.Calthrop

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
Cupertino CA

With the launch of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus creeping closer, rumors about the two devices have been leaking out at a rapid pace, offering a lot of conflicting information that makes it difficult to narrow down the features that might be included.

Images of a set of molds and schematics said to be for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus have surfaced on Chinese site Baidu and were shared by HDBlog, but as with all the alleged iPhone 7 renderings, schematics, and dummies floating around, the authenticity of the parts in the images cannot be confirmed.

molds1-800x561.jpg

iPhone 7 mold on left, iPhone 7 Plus mold on right
According to the source on Baidu, the molds in the images are plates used during the finishing process of creating the aluminum casing for the devices. There are plates for both the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus, confirming multiple rumors of a dual-lens camera for the larger-screened device and a single camera for the smaller device.

In line with past rumors, the iPhone 7 plate appears to depict a larger camera, perhaps to accommodate an improved sensor to boost image quality in the 4.7-inch iPhone. The 4.7-inch iPhone will not include dual cameras, but we expect Apple will introduce some significant single camera advancements to make up for the lack of dual cameras.

molds2-800x500.jpg

Schematics depicting design of iPhone 7 Plus mold
Not pictured on either plate is a Smart Connector, a feature the iPhone 7 has been rumored to be adopting from the iPad Pro. Early on in the rumor cycle, a device said to be the iPhone 7 Plus depicted a Smart Connector, and it was featured in design drawings and blueprints, but Japanese site Mac Otakara has said Apple eliminated the feature.

It's possible the Smart Connector is simply not included on the plates and that the holes are added at a later point in the manufacturing process. If a Smart Connector is indeed a feature coming in the iPhone 7, rumors indicate it will be limited to the larger iPhone 7 Plus.

Not visible on either plate is the speaker arrangement. Apple is said to be eliminating the headphone jack on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, with some rumors suggesting additional speakers could be added in its place. Some rumors suggested dual speakers were a possibility and a sketchy device image that surfaced over the weekend depicted a four speaker arrangement, but other rumors and evidence point towards the continued use of a single speaker.

Apple will likely introduce the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus in September of 2016, which means there are several more months ahead in which the rumors we're hearing about the two devices will solidify so we can get a clearer picture of what to expect.

Article Link: Possible iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Molds Confirm Camera Layouts, Lack Smart Connector
[doublepost=1464068533][/doublepost]Maybe there will be a 7 S with a 4" display. I will keep my 5 S until there is a full featured iPhone with a 4" display. So much for Cook's claim that Apple isn't concerned about cannibalizing its products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.