Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khalitzy

macrumors regular
May 21, 2016
It seems that we are in the same boat. My 5S contract has finished but I'm holding off on upgrading at the moment. The SE has me tempted but I would like to try a larger display but I wouldn't get a 6S/6S+ this close to September. On the other hand, most of the iPhone 7 rumours are weak at best! What I'll probably do is get the 7 or 7+ as a short term upgrade anyway and see how I get on with the size increase. Then, in 2017 is Apple brings out something amazing I'll upgrade to which ever size suits me I think.
why is it bad to get a 6s or 6s+ this close to sep? cuz I was thinking of getting one.. as my first iphone

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
why is it bad to get a 6s or 6s+ this close to sep? cuz I was thinking of getting one.. as my first iphone

Because the new iPhone is right around the corner. It typically launches in September so if you can hold off, that would be the preferred method versus buying an almost year old phone.

khalitzy

macrumors regular
May 21, 2016
Because the new iPhone is right around the corner. It typically launches in September so if you can hold off, that would be the preferred method versus buying an almost year old phone.
oh yes i know that. the thing is i don't live in the us and itd be available in my country by december like every year.. also the 6s plus dropped in price here like 780usd for the 64gb 6s plus model whereas it's like 849 usd in the us unlocked... so yeah

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
oh yes i know that. the thing is i don't live in the us and itd be available in my country by december like every year.. also the 6s plus dropped in price here like 780usd for the 64gb 6s plus model whereas it's like 849 usd in the us unlocked... so yeah

if that is the case, I would buy now. You save money in the long run and you will get most of the features the iPhone 7 has regardless. The 6s is tried and true and there aren't any ongoing hardware defects.

khalitzy

macrumors regular
May 21, 2016
if that is the case, I would buy now. You save money in the long run and you will get most of the features the iPhone 7 has regardless. The 6s is tried and true and there aren't any ongoing hardware defects.
yes, thank you for your time too :3 i see that u own a 6s plus so u know better xD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.