Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Angels&Airwaves

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2007
is ichat available for windows? the "ichat- now showing everywhere" page says ichat is for windows on the last line...read the thread and didnt see it mentioned but im probably wrong...:eek:

moloukhya

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2007
is ichat available for windows? the "ichat- now showing everywhere" page says ichat is for windows on the last line...read the thread and didnt see it mentioned but im probably wrong...:eek:

Maybe iChat will be released for Windows the same way Safari was? :confused:

SuperMan11MS

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
I think I believe these. Notice the tapered edges, similar to the Macbook Air. Apple applies similar design ideas to multiple products all the time. Also, the speaker and mic appear to be on the back because of the tapered edges. There isn't really a "bottom" for them to be on anymore.

Syrus28

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2008
Peoria, AZ
Engadget is calling them fakes:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/07/loads-of-fake-apple-shots-hit-the-web-3g-iphone-pre-wwdc-editio/

They offer a few good reasons why they should be considered fake, too.

They've also been quoting some super secret "contact" that supposedly knows everything about the iPhone, yet... no picture of their own.

I don't know what to believe, but those pictures look pretty real. I don't think its a coincidence that nearly all these "spy" shots look almost exactly alike.

MattGTO

macrumors regular
May 29, 2008
Mckinney, Texas
how are you sure?

Its fairly obvious. It fits the case. Video chat. Crappy quality rellacement chat pic to protect possible identity. Product (RED). VERY apple looking document. This is it. As said before, haven't we gone down an oddly similar road with the iPod nano spy pics?

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007

ahuman7341

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2005
Fairbanks, AK
This one is missing the button, the other poster on page one has the button. Just thought I would point that out.

EDIT: Also just noticed that is says iChat, not available in all areas. This must mean it is a carrier driven feature. God I hope not, but why else would it not be available in all areas?

It just means over wireless, so it's not available where 3G isn't.

tacos

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2008
actual release history?

im not familiar with how its worked in past years, but is there a good chance that new products like the 3g iPhone would actually be released to retail the same day as WWDC? Or is it more likely for a product announcement and a future release date? Thanks!

Kyle Appleseed

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
Michigan
According to a blogger from TUAW the back is going to be glossy black. I think it was reported earlier by Engadget that it would have a glossy back also. These pics don't look glossy black at all.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
According to a blogger from TUAW the back is going to be glossy black. I think it was reported earlier by Engadget that it would have a glossy back also. These pics don't look glossy black at all.

To be honest, to me the backs on these "iPhone" pics just looks like an incredibly cheap plastic...

Ctt9492

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2008
personally I don't like them they look kinda weird too me.

Plus the colors look very washed out(and its not just the photo quality)
I mean the "black" one looks blue to me and I'm not totally feeling
the shade of red.

All together they look nice but I would put in a couple of edits.

But these are FORSURE fake
and I'm optimistic about these things.

JasonK

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2008
Eugene, OR
The Black one is different...

The black one does not have a dock connector port. Not sure if anyone else pointed that out.

jakeacc

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Ya know, I actually think these might be real.

Everyone's main argument that these are fake is because the red phone is missing the power button on the top, which is a clear sign of something being photoshopped.

But guess what? Legit product shots are almost always photoshopped. (I used to get paid to fix up product shots) I would get rid of smudges, glare on screens, cut out the product and place them in a different environment. The latter seems to be what happened here. the photoshop guy cut out the phones and placed it on the white background, added the trademark apple reflection, but accidentilly trimmed off a button.

What makes it real for me is the rest of the ad. The layout, typography choice, and verbage - all very Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.