Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metacuate

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
After multiple calls getting the case color/size corrected I have got mine coming! The amount of time I spent on hold for each call justifies the case cost lol

Hmm while I like free things I think I will just pay for my case.

andrewtm

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2012
I just spoke with an apple representative for over an hour and we talked about literally everything: tv shows, netflix, games, iPhones, apple stores, and I still didn't get a free case :(

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
I just spoke with an apple representative for over an hour and we talked about literally everything: tv shows, netflix, games, iPhones, apple stores, and I still didn't get a free case :(

This is why the wait time to get to a rep is over 1 hr... :rolleyes:

StewToMyLou

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I didn't get a free case but I did get a free jambox mini for being first in line at my local Verizon store. Pretty awesome. Price tag said $179.00.

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
it was by far the most casual yet enjoyable conversation with an employee I've ever had. It went on forever and we just talked about everything, the woman I spoke with was so open and giggly it was great
All you have to do is call them and tell them that you were talking to someone earlier about your order not being delivered on time, and they offered you a free case but you were disconnected, they're gonna be like ok what's your name and address bla bla bla, and your free case will be delivered for you in a week!!!

p.s. I was on hold for 40+ min so this is normal keep waiting.

dc2062

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2011
All you have to do is call them and tell them that you were talking to someone earlier about your order not being delivered on time, and they offered you a free case but you were disconnected, they're gonna be like ok what's your name and address bla bla bla, and your free case will be delivered for you in a week!!!

^^^

Unbelievable!

The online Store didn't work for me to order an off contract T-Mobile 6+ for almost 12 hours. When I finally ordered it was 3-4 weeks.

I was upset, but won't lie or cry for a case.

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
I am a little scared why exactly apple gives out cases for free. Free bumpers for everone! - Remember, remember...

jk :D:D;)

Darkrider

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2011
Sumter,SC
IM having to jump through so many hoops to get this case lol its bad cause i'm just gonna get an otterbox but i want this case cause everyone else is getting it free

Lmao I got the case and they guy got pissed off at me. the story i used was they offer me a free case but the call dropped. He was like i can't give you the case because i don't see any notes here for it. I told him it's not my fault they didn't put their notes in.and i fell like he was calling me a lair.So he put me on hold and came back on and took my info and send he was getting taken care of and it can take up to a day for it to get approved.

Last edited:

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
^^^

Unbelievable!

The online Store didn't work for me to order an off contract T-Mobile 6+ for almost 12 hours. When I finally ordered it was 3-4 weeks.

I was upset, but won't lie or cry for a case.
I bought an iPhone 6+ and a macbook pro and the total was almost $3000 I think I deserve a free case :D

ltb7

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2010
the beach
This!

As much as I would like to say that I'm shocked by this behavior, these days the amount of people with this type of "I'm entitled to it because I stayed up late" type of attitude is no longer shocking.

I run a small company and sent someone the wrong order by mistake (another customers order). She got 4 bottles of sauce. (one of which she was the same flavor of one she ordered, the other three were different flavors). I emailed her before it happened and told her I will send out the other bottle she did not get and she can keep the rest. She complained that I didn't send her "her" full order and that the stuff from the other order "didn't count towards her bottles". She got 6 bottles for the price of two, was notified before even getting the bottles and still wanted more free stuff. And of course she sent a nasty email saying she will never order from me again.

All you people are basically doing nothing more than driving up the prices of doing business for everyone involved and it's pretty trashy.

running a small company is very diificult no doubt but is no where near on par with apple, not even in the same stratosphere

apple most likely has cases made in china for $1 give or take - so, if someone wants to take the time + effort to call and ask and most importantly, apple has no problem with it then it's not a big deal nor trashy - i would bet it actually helps the margins go UP as it makes people happy, happy customers stay loyal and will traditionally stay with a company and continue to spend more - there is no way that apple reps would be ever allowed to send out cases if it would hurt the profit margins in any way, apple needs wall street and wall street needs apple.....co dependency big time!

i can totally understand though how running a small business it could be quite frustrating and costly - i know what you mean about the entitlement attitude - reading your story, made me want to pour sauce over her head! i am a huge supporter of small businesses and go out of my way to shop locally, even when i know it's less on amazon! i hope to have one myself one day sooner than later but it's pretty scary and dealing with people like crazy sauce lady would make me crazy!

appleboyy

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Tried twice now, both wouldn't budge on anything.

Turned my iPhone onto Zen garden and noticed its got a huge light leak on the bottom thats bothering me, so I'm gonna bring that up and ask for one!

apwtwenty

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
How did you go about getting it?

I had a delivery date of 9/19 all week, but then it changed at around 1pm (on 9/18) to 9/22

she said for the inconvenience, I'd like to offer you a free case of your choice.

I just told her I was disappointed that i didn't receive it on launch day

/:

thedavis5

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I jumped on the chat but no luck. Was able to add applecare though, they sent a diagnostic test to my phone to confirm and then a link to purchase online.

CarRamRod

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014

Tried this, but got denied.

Was told that because i didn't order from Apple.com (I ordered from sprint.com), she couldn't do it because the case had to be attached to an order. Not sure if this is true....

After I told her the story, I got, "Ok, can I have your order number?"

All of you that have gotten the case, did you order from the apple site?

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
Tried this, but got denied.

Was told that because i didn't order from Apple.com (I ordered from sprint.com), she couldn't do it because the case had to be attached to an order. Not sure if this is true....

After I told her the story, I got, "Ok, can I have your order number?"

All of you that have gotten the case, did you order from the apple site?
Yes I did from Apple store app.

gtmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
I got a free case since my order got delayed even though all week the delivery date was 9/19. She was very friendly but accidentally ordered the 6+ case. When I called back today and waited almost exactly one hour on hold the rep said they were no longer doing free cases and she needed supervisor approval just to change from the 6+ to the 6. Sounds like macrumors has hounded them for free cases all night!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.