Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I still want more up, but we really can't complain...:)

Attachments

• BBS.png
    BBS.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 90

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2011
2920041286.png

They really could do better since it's fiber, but not complaining. Certainly a upgrade over 13mbps.:D

The cable company here offers 100mbps, but the ping is 15-20ms. I will take slower download for better ping.

zvezdochots

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2013
Moscow, Russia
People with connection speed over 100 Mbps, tell me please, what type of connection do you use and what's the cost of this? I really don't know anybody in my country with so fast Internet)

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
So funny how people can say meh over speeds of 80+ Mbps while in the US a lot of us are lucky to get over 20 for a decent price! Visiting my parents and they were paying $45 for DSL and not even getting 900 Kbps!!! It's a sad telco situation over here in the states, people in other countries really blow ours out of the water!

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
People with connection speed over 100 Mbps, tell me please, what type of connection do you use and what's the cost of this? I really don't know anybody in my country with so fast Internet)

2922923553.png

a dedicated fibre optical line with 200/100. Cost ? not sure; somewhere around 6000 yen (60US$) I think ...

ZipZapRap

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2011
Here in Australia we're about to take a MASSIVE step backwards for connection speeds. A new government is likely to come in that is going to kill a national fibre infrastructure network and replace it with it's ugly sister, with the justification of "that's all you need" :(

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
A new government is likely to come in that is going to kill a national fibre infrastructure network and replace it with it's ugly sister, with the justification of "that's all you need" :(

Not turning this into PRSI but your next election comes ... And a slow/inappropriate infrastructure is not a good sign for good government. They still set the frame within companies will do the actual work.

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2011
Here in Australia we're about to take a MASSIVE step backwards for connection speeds. A new government is likely to come in that is going to kill a national fibre infrastructure network and replace it with it's ugly sister, with the justification of "that's all you need" :(

I worked helping produce a video for a huge surf competition with a Aussie guy. He was blown away by the barely 10mbps we were able to provide him. He said that he was lucky to get 768 in his downtown apartment in oz. Plus he had draconian data caps.

Must suck for a guy who deals in pushing around HD videos.

yokerbloke

macrumors member
May 1, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Were you recently upgraded? I ask because we here in Wales have been promised the extra down and more importantly..Up that you have now.

They haven't told us exactly when they plan on implementing it, but we have had a recent spate of maintenance outages.
We got the letter this weekend saying we were now on 120mb BB. It's generally a great connection as we are quite close to the main hub in Renfrew.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.