Predorders Anger!! Apple Store Has them Every Morning!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by suade8880, Sep 18, 2016.

1. suade8880, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016

suade8880 macrumors member

Here's the part that pissed me off. Instead of Apple fulfilling early preorders, the Apple Stores are getting shipments in to have a handful available for anyone every morning.

I was able to walk out with an IPhone 7 Plus Black 256GB in 45 Mins while the one I've preordered at :15 is yet to be shipped. Just reserve one online as an APPLE UPDATE PROGRAM and you are guarantee to get one no matter how you purchased it. Mine was At@t Next Program. Around 12am local is when they update their inventory using this https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en...1&sourceID=email&rv=0&path=&iPP=U&appleCare=Y

P.S. The best time to check for a refresh in stock is after Monday since they dont' get a shipment on Sunday.

2. dnest macrumors regular

dnest

I had a mid-Oct. ship date and ended up walking out of the Apple Store this morning with the same phone I preordered.

3. hellopupy macrumors regular

hellopupy

This is insane, it basically means nothing to eagerly anticipate and stay up to pre-order the iPhone if any basic joe plumber can walk in and pick one up on accident.

Going to keep tabs on local inventory now.....

4. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

5. hellopupy macrumors regular

hellopupy

Did you just walk in without any reservations or holding phones online before going in?

6. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Convenience of home delivery versus dealing with going and picking one up. They always had phones available to walk in and buy after launch day, year after year. Maybe not many or,one that fit your specific options, but they were there.

It's a trade off.

I should stress you need to,check and reserve a model.

7. suade8880 thread starter macrumors member

Your state won't become available until around 8am local starting from east to west coast. You'll be surprised on how many different models become available to reserve.

8. hellopupy macrumors regular

hellopupy

It says if your model isn't available, try again after 12:01am, so is the inventory updated at 12:01am or 8am?

9. dnest macrumors regular

dnest

I made a reservation at 10:30 am for a Black plus 128GB sprint, same phone I preordered. Guy looked at me like I was crazy when I showed him my reservation because he couldn't believe I was able to do it. Cancelled my preorder when they brought the phone out and walked out 15 minutes later.

10. suade8880 thread starter macrumors member

That's the strange part that baffles me. I couldn't check inventory until 8am local this morning when my State became available to check. To be safe, check anytime after 12:01am.

11. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

Just picked my up today. got the info from the other thread here. I had a JB on pre-order, canceled that, and got the Matte Black Plus 256GB. The Apple rep in the store told me they got a ton of them today..

Apple really messed up the pre-order this year IMO.

12. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

Up until about 4PM I was able to make a reservation for a 128GB Matte Black Plus model..

13. stulaw11 Suspended

Same, the store I went to they have pulled 2 other 128 black Pluses ATT out too with mine in a stack; and I saw at least 2 or 3 others come out to sell while I was waiting. They had PLENTY in the store but 10 days and waiting on still processing order on ATT.com order.

This was a debacle of a launch that you can walk into a store (reserve a phone on Apple's site first and set an appointment) and get one at will but 3-4am EST orders are still pending.

14. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I'm going to give it a try. I was up at 2:50 that pre-order morning and couldn't get my order into verizon until 3:15. I tried apple app also couldn't get through. My ship date has been 10/5 and today still says processing. My cc hasn't been charged yet nothing is happening.

15. suade8880 thread starter macrumors member

That's how I felt:mad:

16. KPOM macrumors G5

The same thing happened with the iPhone 5 and 6/6 Plus. Pre-orders don't necessarily mean you get it first. Apple has always set aside some stock for walk-ins. This launch was better than the free-for-all that was the 5s launch.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2016 ---
    OTOH you have walk-in customers complaining that Apple didn't have any 7 Plus models on Friday because they set them aside for iUP customers, and how the overnight campers are the "real" Apple fans.

I preordered the 5 and then wound up getting lucky over launch weekend by arriving at a store when they just got a batch of phones in. Apple didn't even try to pre-sell the 5s and it took them 3 days to even set up an in-store reservation system.

17. hellopupy macrumors regular

hellopupy

Jet black still seems to be the rarest of them all, has anybody even gotten a 7+ jet black in store yet?

I went to a best buy today and they said they won't be getting a 7+ jet black until November.

18. Gooberton macrumors 65816

• And that's what I preordered from them. Dicks

19. KevinMichael017 macrumors member

KevinMichael017

20. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

i had a reservation for saturday morning for a 128 plus in black and guess what, they brought out TWO of the same model and said I had reserved both. I said no thanks, only need one. So yeah, the stock is certainly there.

21. stormedblue macrumors member

Yeah got mine too before getting my preorder from xx.08 am thats only due on Wednesday. Will be returning that one. If I do preorder online again I'm canceling anything that shows any later than the launch date.

22. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

I've actually been able to do this the last few iPhones I've picked up... 5s in gold, 6 in gold and 6s in rose gold. I usually walk in at the end of the evening of the launch day and by then the line has dwindled to 1-2 people if there's a line at all...

I don't do it on purpose. I work near the Apple Store so I always walk by and get turned off by the long line. Then when I'm off work and on my way home, I see the lack of line and so figured what the heck.

Same scenario this time around but i no longer work downtown...so I didn't bother the first two days of launch. After reading others' experiences here, I decided to give it a go. Apple should thank y'all for being such enablers b/c I was perfectly fine with my 6s!

23. KevinMichael017 macrumors member

KevinMichael017

24. isaihtb11 macrumors regular

You have to wait until 12:00 am in your time