Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hellopupy

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2016
Los Angeles
7+ in matte black doesn't seem to be a problem, seems rather easy to get. Jet Black is the holy grail....still waiting for mine...

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
florida
wow very thankful for this link. How did you get this link? Other then this direct link, the only other way I knew was to look up the phone on apple website or app by selecting carrier first, how can a person find this page through apple website?

DADDYDC650

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
Is it possible to pay full price using paypal when you reserve online or do you have to pay in store?

rainafterthesun

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
If I want to do the att trade in program, can I do it through the Apple store?
If you could then where would all the att associates go??

But yeah, apple doesn't facilitate att trade in program. Only with their financing, phone plans & prepaid SIM cards.

Reactions: letsgox

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
If I want to do the att trade in program, can I do it through the Apple store?

If you could then where would all the att associates go??

But yeah, apple doesn't facilitate att trade in program. Only with their financing, phone plans & prepaid SIM cards.

I thought you could purchase through the ATT Next installment from the Apple store if you wanted too. You then go to an ATT store to trade in your old phone for the promotion

rainafterthesun

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I thought you could purchase through the ATT Next installment from the Apple store if you wanted too. You then go to an ATT store to trade in your old phone for the promotion
Ya,

So you can do att financing aka att next, but they won't accept your phone as a trade in unless u do it through their trade in program, as they don't facilitate att's version.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Ya,

So you can do att financing aka att next, but they won't accept your phone as a trade in unless u do it through their trade in program, as they don't facilitate att's version.

Right, you can buy from Apple on Next, but you have to take your old phone to ATT and trade it in towards the promotion there. They confirmed that as long as you buy an i7 on the Next plan you qualify for the trade in. That's what I am saying.

Reactions: HiItsMe

ATEspo

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
WOW! They go QUICK using this method.

I went on looking for a 7+ in black for myself, none available in 256gb, so I checked for a 7+ for my boss in gold, our local store had one, but by the time I went in her office to see if she wanted me to reserve it for pickup at the store, it was gone.

I'll try again tomorrow.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
OP is right, phones should be going to those that pre-ordered. What's the purpose of pre-ordering if someone can walk off the streets and take your unit?
I wonder if Apple should drop pre-ordering and make it a free for all. But then again Craigslist/eBay would be flooded with $2000 jet black iPhone 7 Plus's.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Now that the cat is outta the bag and folks are realizing you can just go to an Apple Store and get what you needed in most cases before your preorder is fulfilled, I will have to deal with those folks next year at my store.

Damn! Mods, delete this thread before more folks find out. :)
[doublepost=1474296601][/doublepost]
Good to hear!! For everyone else, the best time to check availability is after Monday since they don't get shipment in on Sunday.

Well I got a Plus on Sunday, maybe the truck delivered some Saturday night after the store closed but then again maybe Sunday morning. Or before the store closed Saturday and the store did not have a chance to inventory them and make them available for sale.

Dirtydutch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2015
Jerseyyy
Most places 8 am locally are loaded with 128 black plus because they see that's the one yielding the most demand besides those that ordered the JB. The JB simply isn't around because they introduced a new manufacturing process. Yet in some instances I still see those showing up in apple stores before this receiving late October early November

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I reserved an AT&T 7 Plus 256 GB model in Black on both Saturday and Sunday. I couldn't make the Saturday reservation time, but lo and behold, the same model was still there on Sunday. The upgrade program does seem to have an advantage when it comes to reservations.

dmeier1231

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
This makes me angry considering I don't have an apple store within 300 miles, so I am stuck waiting for the pre-order.

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
This is insane, it basically means nothing to eagerly anticipate and stay up to pre-order the iPhone if any basic joe plumber can walk in and pick one up on accident.

Going to keep tabs on local inventory now.....

It's not "insane" at all, as they need to allocate inventory accordingly. Just because someone ordered online means diddly squat.

Bootleg Gucci

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
NoVA
Here's the part that pissed me off. Instead of Apple fulfilling early preorders, the Apple Stores are getting shipments in to have a handful available for anyone every morning.

I was able to walk out with an IPhone 7 Plus Black 256GB in 45 Mins while the one I've preordered at :15 is yet to be shipped. Just reserve one online as an APPLE UPDATE PROGRAM and you are guarantee to get one no matter how you purchased it. Mine was At@t Next Program. Around 12am local is when they update their inventory using this https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en...1&sourceID=email&rv=0&path=&iPP=U&appleCare=Y

P.S. The best time to check for a refresh in stock is after Monday since they dont' get a shipment on Sunday.

Totally agree with you on this! I like many others made good effort to preorder 3am 9/9, but still waiting albeit for my JB 7+ to deliver tomorrow. I been tempted to reserve a matte black plus instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.