Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WatchFromAfar

Suspended
Jan 26, 2017
She had sons William and Harry with Charles. Harry was long rumored to be the son of her red haired lover James Hewitt. But he's not. Harry looks almost exactly like Prince Charles' father when he was young.
I'm sorry for your issues but I live in Staffordshire England; it's well known, James Hewitt is Prince Harry's father.

StevieD100

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2014
Living Dangerously in Retirement
Meh ...

I'd rather see these two in a WELL historical documentary of how the British historically tried to help eradicate civilizations and cultures and a people most personal to Oprah and myself. Now THAT is the kind of content I'd like Apple to really push out and challenge the status quo. I'm just one person of a single mind.

Not sure how a wealthy, happily married (to a cool and beautiful woman) and new father, with the absolute control over any environment he's in ... as a Prince is really suffering mental illness?!
Harry served in the UK Armed Forces and went to Afghanistan. He's well known for supporting former service people especially through the Invictus Games. Many of his comrades are suffering with mental illness and both he and his brother have spent a lot of time trying to get at least some of the stigma associated with it blown away so that more normal people can at least start to understand what is happening to those suffering from it..
Living in an Army town I know only too well how seemingly normal things can trigger PTSD events.
If this series makess 'joe public' even slightly more aware of mental illness then it will be a success.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Is she really that unappealing, as my one impression of her would indicate? I can't tell because I've heard a lot of people say they can't stand her but then she appears to be massively successful after decades.

I'm not anti-Oprah but just selective with what I input into my mind since there's so much good content out there with such limited time. Oprah content is filler like junk food is to food. Ended up watching Katie Bouman's Ted Talk instead.

https://www.ted.com/talks/katie_bouman_what_does_a_black_hole_look_like#t-759204

Reactions: 5105973

WatchFromAfar

Suspended
Jan 26, 2017
Harry served in the UK Armed Forces and went to Afghanistan. He's well known for supporting former service people especially through the Invictus Games. Many of his comrades are suffering with mental illness and both he and his brother have spent a lot of time trying to get at least some of the stigma associated with it blown away so that more normal people can at least start to understand what is happening to those suffering from it..
Living in an Army town I know only too well how seemingly normal things can trigger PTSD events.
If this series makess 'joe public' even slightly more aware of mental illness then it will be a success.
"Harry served in the UK Armed Forces" because ,just like his brother William, he had too!!. Being born with a silver spoon in your mouth, never getting a real job, I can see why the royal family puts its offspring into the army.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
I just can’t see apple making a TV show I want to watch.

Would they have made Breaking Bad? Too much drugs and violence. Game of Thrones? Too much death and nudity. Handmaid’s Tale? Too political I’d guess.

Everything I’ve seen so far just looks so wholesome and inoffensive.

Totally agree. The inevitable crap Apple will churn out isn't going to be of interest to me. The event a few weeks ago hammered that message home loud & clear.

As for Prince Harry & Oprah together. No. Just no.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Totally agree. The inevitable crap Apple will churn out isn't going to be of interest to me. The event a few weeks ago hammered that message home loud & clear.

As for Prince Harry & Oprah together. No. Just no.
What...a man not interested in watching Oprah???:eek: Say it isn’t so! ;)

Reactions: CarlJ

Marc2018

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2017
Apple hitting a new low.

Yes, I agree. Just another way for Apple to attempt to grab both the US and European markets for their latest brain child Apple TV +. Remember when ATV was just a hobby and all of us Apple lovers paid high prices for their ATV boxes over Roku.

Just sad that Oprah had to wait for Apple to pay her big bucks to do this project. I get that she wants to get paid, but the media is raving about her caring so much about this issue. Why didnt she do something before this Apple partnership???

blacktape242

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Yes, a huge part of the problem is access to quality care. Most insurances companies have huge co-pays that most people can't afford. While most mental health providers don't accept insurance at all. At least this is the case in the USA.

access is a huge problem, for people who have private insurance it can be hard. In CA, people who have medi-cal / medicare its very readily available.

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
All I have to say is there hasn't been a single show they've announced I would be interested in watching, even if it were free, let alone if I needed to pay. I'll stick with Hulu and Netflix.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thank you.

Hopefully this show will not continue with the generalization of 'mental illness' and highlight, dive into, and even showcase more of the wide ranges of mental illnesses - popular and commonly known vs ones that are not so common that maybe even I or you, and anyone else may suffer yet not even realize.

Someone mentioned to me a few years back that when he moved to Canada he noticed that it seems taboo or shunned upon if someone has a psychologist ... yet from Argentina its very common for a lot of people to have one, and no stigma associated to it. I'm wondering if its the same in the USA or other countries.

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
I just can’t see apple making a TV show I want to watch.

Would they have made Breaking Bad? Too much drugs and violence. Game of Thrones? Too much death and nudity. Handmaid’s Tale? Too political I’d guess.

Everything I’ve seen so far just looks so wholesome and inoffensive.

I miss the times of A-Team, MacGyver, PA Magnum and stuff like this. I want to see cars blowing up, fistfights and stuntmen flying around, I don't want to see realistic guts and shocking rape. I have a feeling I am not the only one. In the times of real people being beheaded on youtube and real rape being aired on facebook live I am getting sick of it. I don't mind seeing nudity or politics or comic style blood like Kill Bill but I am sick of the realistic violence you see nowadays.

Reactions: AlexGraphicD
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.