Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swagmen9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2019
Hello.
I have macbook Air 13'' 2015 and got some problems with it.
-First it was problem with kernel_task.... etg. my macbook got very slowly so i just bought new SDD
-Installed Mac OS Mojave on the new SDD, installation took looooooong time to be finish ( about 4hours)
-Kernel_task is gone but my macbook is still very slowly
-I tried to start my macbook in safe mode but it stucked on 100% so i just restarted it
-I tried to boot macbook normally after (Safe mode fail) but it stucks on 100% too now
-I tried to reinstall mac from USB but it stuck to on 100%
-I cant go at recovery mode
-I tried reset SMC and PVRAM but this didnt helped
Things that can be important:
- When i disconnect the battery macbook work faster but not fast like before
- I must to hold Power button at 5-7s before mac starts
- It is a delay of a few seconds between click on power key on the case and startup chime sound.
Solutions i found on the web:
- replacing the PRAM battery
- replacing the main battery
What you think should i do guys?
Sorry for my but English

Swagmen9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2019
yea, but it was in the bag+cover between books and max from 0,5m high.
No liquid exposure here :/

Swagmen9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2019
I did right now disconnected battery, and wait 1 hour, and macbook started correctly but it's super slow and Kernel_task is back, it a bit better after i set fans manualy on 6000rpm

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Air will always run the cpu at a much lower speed without a battery.

The loud fans, slow booting, etc. is sometimes and indication of exposure to moisture or liquids. It could also be the result of faulty sensors on the logic board.

Swagmen9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2019
What is the result if you run the built-in diagnostics test?
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202731
No issues found
Reference Code: ADP000
[doublepost=1552512954][/doublepost]
The Air will always run the cpu at a much lower speed without a battery.

The loud fans, slow booting, etc. is sometimes and indication of exposure to moisture or liquids. It could also be the result of faulty sensors on the logic board.

Yeah. But the macbook is faster without battery :/
[doublepost=1552513132][/doublepost]Is it possible that battery is dead, and macbook shows that battery is good?

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
No issues found
Reference Code: ADP000
[doublepost=1552512954][/doublepost]

Yeah. But the macbook is faster without battery :/
[doublepost=1552513132][/doublepost]Is it possible that battery is dead, and macbook shows that battery is good?
If the Macbook shows the battery as being good, it should run faster with it connected.

Since the built-in diagnostic program found no problems, it could still be a hardware problem.

You examined the logic board for signs of damage? Moisture indicators are white?

Swagmen9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2019
If the Macbook shows the battery as being good, it should run faster with it connected.

Since the built-in diagnostic program found no problems, it could still be a hardware problem.

You examined the logic board for signs of damage? Moisture indicators are white?

Yes, all of them are white, I don’t see any signs of damage on the logic board

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Yes, all of them are white, I don’t see any signs of damage on the logic board
I would take it to Apple and let them run their diagnostics to see what they have to say.

I have fixed about 5 MacBook Airs that exhibited the same behaviour as your Air. They had all been exposed to liquid which is why I was focusing on liquids. The last Air I fixed was a 2017 which had a lot of liquid spilled on it with white moisture indicators. It was completely dead but, after the first cleaning with alcohol, it would power up but the fans were spinning like crazy. I clean all the interior boards two more times, reset the SMC, reset the NVRAM, and it booted up properly after that. I bought this machine for a cheap price for its parts.

Moisture indicators are only located in four different parts of the logic board; therefore, liquid exposure may not always turn the indicator to red from white.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.