Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derrick2005

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2011
Is there any customer that got his mails answered by the Quasar dev, after all? :D

I know he's young but it's getting annoying...

The more I am relying on Chrome to be my main browser the more frustrating it is that Quasar doesn't work with any of the change browser settings...

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
New version out, with a "Full screen" list of apps and other, rotation-related fixes.

I really hope the dev does implement what I've recommended some weeks ago in this very thread: just like done in the ex-AppStore "Bluetooth OnOff", a one-icon mode switch + respring so that it'll be much easier to switch between Quasar enabled / disabled. (Or, at least, a SBSettings shortcut.)

derrick2005

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2011
New version out, with a "Full screen" list of apps and other, rotation-related fixes.

I really hope the dev does implement what I've recommended some weeks ago in this very thread: just like done in the ex-AppStore "Bluetooth OnOff", a one-icon mode switch + respring so that it'll be much easier to switch between Quasar enabled / disabled. (Or, at least, a SBSettings shortcut.)

Yup. The new update has fixed the annoying full screen weird bug. Still can't use any of the chrome default browser tweaks though.

jaeguyoon

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
had to disable this app because it kept dropping my wifi. Had a scary moment where I was watching the Euro 2012 when I minimized the window and I saw that I was on LTE, having only 5gb's I can't waste it on stuff like that. I know it's Quarsar that's dropping the wifi since that's the only jailbreak app I have and as soon as I disabled it I have no issues. sucks cos I really liked watching stuff on Watch ESPN or Hulu Plus while also surfing on safari....

rhoknee

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2012
just tried it on my new ipad, didnt really care for it :/ looked cool on the video, but seemed a bit pointless for me personally.

And I thought I was the only one who feels that way. I bought it but it makes my ipad 2 crash on a hourly basis but when I stop the Quasar addon in SBsettings, all goes well.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
And I thought I was the only one who feels that way. I bought it but it makes my ipad 2 crash on a hourly basis but when I stop the Quasar addon in SBsettings, all goes well.

yeahhh i didnt havce tooo many crashes. I just like the full screen, and the way apple "multitasks" apps works fine with me.

ziffos

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2009
East Coast of UK
Quasar giving problems in "Mail"

I have found that when Quasar is installed it affects the Mail app in that it either does not allow Mail folders to be displayed or it does not allow mail within folders to be displayed!

As soon as the Quasar app is removed then all Mail returns to normal. :(

Anyone else noticed this problem?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I have found that when Quasar is installed it affects the Mail app in that it either does not allow Mail folders to be displayed or it does not allow mail within folders to be displayed!

As soon as the Quasar app is removed then all Mail returns to normal. :(

Anyone else noticed this problem?

No such problems here - Quasar is working just fine here with Mail on my 5.1.1 iPad 3 and iPad 2.

BTW, Now that I frequently play Spectromancer online, I've returned to using Quasar so that I can do something else while waiting for the opponent's turn. It's just great to be able to do something else!

ferrarofilms

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2008
Problems

Facetime does not work, as well at Tango and Touch. Wrote to Franceschi, no answer, bad sign, lost 10$.....

http://modmyi.com/content/7587-new-jailbreak-tweak-allows-window-management-ipad.html

Quasar is pretty amazing and came totally out of nowhere. I have it installed and it's like a different device. All windows can be resized, moved, and rotated by portrait or landscape. All windows run live, not paused just because you're active in another.

$10 in Cydia

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.