Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doubleh87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
Hello. I recently bought MBP 2016 but as a previous Windows user for 20 years, there are a lot to learn about :)

My default web browser is set to Chrome, and I have a website shortcut in my dock. Is there anyway to open this shortcut (and only this shortcut) in Safari?

The purpose of this is this:
The shortcut is YouTube, and I'd like to play it as PIP. But If I understand correctly, only Safari can do it. And I expect to keep using Chrome, as I'm too used to it. Any other solutions will be appreciated!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
There may be other methods, but here's what I would do:
your dock shortcut is for a file that exists somewhere else on your system. You can find it easily enough by right-clicking the dock icon, and choosing Options/Show in Finder.
Drag that file on top of your Safari icon in the Dock. You should see the Safari icon highlight when the file is positioned on top of the Safari icon. Drop it on the icon. Experiment a little with that, if you haven't tried that before.
That will open that link in Safari. The PIP setup is up to you. I have no experience with PIP on a Mac. Probably simple, I wouldn't know :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.