QuickTime 7.0.2 Released

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Now available via Software Update for QuickTime 7.0 users:

QuickTime 7.0.2 delivers numerous important bug fixes and compatibility enhancements. This update is highly recommended for all QuickTime 7 users.
A restart will be required.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
Holy crap I goto see new iTunes 5 and get all excited!!! I refresh page not more than a minute later and now new Quicktime also! I love today

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Haven't tested it yet. Have it installed. Hope it fixes the H.264 gamma bug, intermittent glitches in DV playback, and numerous other bugs I've encountered.

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
I have a feeling that the life resizing is much smoother.

The bad. QT has caused me KP. It also crash while trying to play some of the .avi clips. That could be coused by outdated components for like Divix and Xvid and 3vix which I have installed.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
all i've done so far with this is export a file from DivX to another DivX. some reason its not playing on my Xbox. ho hum.

resize does seem a little faster. nothing obvious though.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Installed and restarted - everything seems to be ok here. Wish they'd add support for playing wmv files in it.....I know that wmv sucks but there are a lot of them about and I hate using Media Player and VLC doesn't play them all.

HyperliteG4

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Southern California
MacRy said:
Wish they'd add support for playing wmv files in it.....I know that wmv sucks but there are a lot of them about and I hate using Media Player and VLC doesn't play them all.
You can use Flip4Mac's WMV component for Quicktime to do that if you want, I use it to offer users an alternative for some websites with different video formats. Works pretty well... just very sloooooow on encoding

danielwsmithee

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2005
Performance

Hopefully this imporves playback performance on my iBook G3. I have a large library of mpeg4 movies that played back great before I upgraded to Tiger and QT 7, now they just stutter and are imbarable. :mad:

Maybe I can use this as an excuse to upgrade with my wife :cool:

blufire

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2002
What's new?

I'm wondering when Apple will put up [detailed] info about what was changed...

MauiBoy

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
Has anyone else had this problem? I installed the standalone iTunes 5.0 on my PowerBook (OS X 10.4.2 with all updates). Then, I installed the QuickTime 7.0.2 patch from Software Update.

When I rebooted, I got an error from the QuickTime StartupScript (Error -10827). Now, I can't start the QuickTime Player, as I get the error "You cannot open the application "QuickTime Player" because it may be damaged or incomplete." I'm also now seeing "crashdump[451]: coreservicesd crashed" in my console logs.

I've tried repairing disk permissions and restarting, but I cannot get it to work. QuickTime plugins (e.g., in Safari) seem to work ok, though.

Is there a way to re-install the update, without re-downloading QuickTime (which is currently taking 5+ hours)?

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Faster GUI, VBR AAC!

Is it me, or are menus and everything just FASTER than before?!

Also, iTunes 5 supports VBR AAC! W00t! :cool:

Having ordered a 4GB iPod nano, I guess I'll be making tests and then re-compressing all my CDs again (from AAC 128kbps to VBR AAC whatever kbps)

Edit: I'm wondering if VBR AAC is supported on all iPods?! :confused:

Edit 2: either there's something I don't understand, or VBR files are actually bigger than CBR ones... (just made a test: CBR 2.8MB, VBR 3.0MB ?!)

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
Lacero said:
Haven't tested it yet. Have it installed. Hope it fixes the H.264 gamma bug, intermittent glitches in DV playback, and numerous other bugs I've encountered.
It's a no-go for the h.264 gamma bug. I think I'm going to hurt Apple very very much!

Although the increase and decrease size links are nice for making posts. Didn't come from the QuickTime update? Blasted!
-Chase

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
I am a sucker for updates but one user said he had problems installing it after iTunes 5.

Hmm... would it be bad if I ran software update to get quicktime and the iTunes 5 installer at the same time (or one after the other without closing the first) so I would have to restart twice?

blufire

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2002
Yvan256 said:
Is it me, or are menus and everything just FASTER than before?!

Also, iTunes 5 supports VBR AAC! W00t! :cool:

Having ordered a 4GB iPod nano, I guess I'll be making tests and then re-compressing all my CDs again (from AAC 128kbps to VBR AAC whatever kbps)

Edit: I'm wondering if VBR AAC is supported on all iPods?! :confused:
VBR AAC should already be supported on all iPods, far as I know.