Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Charmandrigo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
I have a Mac Pro 5,1 in which I recently got a Radeon RX480 to get Mojave officially and so I formatted Windows 10 to MBR BIOS after the report on MP5,1 BootROM thread about Windows 10 corrupting the bootrom on UEFI installations.

Windows works and everything except that after installing Radeon Adrenalin Software, I get a black screen after restarting, Windows does not go past Windows logo on boot, then I get a black screen.

Only way I managed to use Windows 10 was by just installing the Radeon driver without any control panel software, that way I can restart and use windows without any problem, but if I install the Adrenalin Software control panel, the issue returns and again Windows 10 will get black screen after loading.

In some searching online I found some say it's caused by the Bootcamp drivers and you need to delete some files from System32 folder to fix it, but that's for iMac and I couldn't find any of the files mentioned on those reports.

Does somebody knows why the black screen only happens when the Radeon Control Panel is installed but not if just the GPU drivers are installed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.