Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mackinmike

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2012
So a friend of mine wants the new iphone6 and wanted to know about the SAR rating for the phone first. I went and checked for him and was shocked that it's so high when all radios are turned on. The legal limit is 1.6 and the iphone6 is 1.59. yikes. Anyone concerned with this? Get your aluminum hats on.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
So a friend of mine wants the new iphone6 and wanted to know about the SAR rating for the phone first. I went and checked for him and was shocked that it's so high when all radios are turned on. The legal limit is 1.6 and the iphone6 is 1.59. yikes. Anyone concerned with this? Get your aluminum hats on.

Nope. I never talk on the phone - maybe twice a month, if that. I don't carry phone in my pocket. So, no.

pish6969

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Nope. I never talk on the phone - maybe twice a month, if that. I don't carry phone in my pocket. So, no.

Hmm..twice a month? Why spend money on a 6+ 128 GB phone if you're not using it as a phone? Not bashing just curious?

wouldn't you be better off with ipod touch or an ipad?

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
I can imagine the iPhone 6S intro videos from Apple execs:

"We've introduced a new technology called Radiate™. It gives every user a high dose of radiation. It's simple, when everyone has cancer we are that much closer to finding a cure. It's going to be singlehandedly the biggest release of cancer of all time. This will rush in a plume of innovation in cancer research and cures''

:rolleyes:

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
In what world do you live where under the legal limit is considered "off the charts"? Just tighten the tinfoil hat and you'll be fine.

It's funny when people worry about this kind of stuff, yet have no problems eating fast food 3-4 times a week and don't exercise, which is profoundly more harmful.

----------

just bought the domain mactumors.com

This is easily the post of the year for macrumors.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
This is the new remote radiation therapy supported by the latest version of HealthKit.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
so you are saying using the iPhone 6 will make me look like this?

Radioactiveman.gif

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Hmm..twice a month? Why spend money on a 6+ 128 GB phone if you're not using it as a phone? Not bashing just curious?

wouldn't you be better off with ipod touch or an ipad?

Because they don't make 5.5 inch iPads or iTouches with 128GB storage that you can stick in your pocket and we don't want to carry two devices if one will accomplish both tasks.

tribestros

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2011
Think people just come on this forum to post idiotic "concerns" in hope to make Apple look bad. It's obvious after the non-issue #Bendgate has become a thing that tech blogs scour these forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.