Radio now working again for non Music subscribers

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by JonoH, Mar 11, 2016.

1. JonoH macrumors member

JonoH

Is it just me.. or is iTunes Radio working again now for non Apple Music subscribers?

its been fine for the last day or two.. I'm an iTunes Plus subscriber but it was taken away back in Jan and now it seems to have been returned to us!

2. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

3. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

If this is real I might scream quietly....... made such a big hubbub about taking it away only to give it back? But I guess it wouldn't be the first time.

4. Alrescha macrumors 68020

All the iTunes Radio links give me a sign-up dialog, so I do not know what the OP is talking about.

A.

5. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

My vocal cords are saved!

6. JonoH thread starter macrumors member

JonoH

Here are two shots from my phone. I'm not an Apple Music subscriber yet my radio stations are working again.

I subscribe to iTunes Match so maybe they have given it back to those users who have match?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 11, 2016 ---
    The old name for iTunes Match where you had ad free radio too. Now it's just iTunes Match.

Radio is still working perfectly 24 hours later

Attached Files:

7. Alrescha macrumors 68020

Except that none of the visible radio stations are playing. Your phone is playing music, but the source is unknown.

I am no longer a Match subscriber and iTunes Radio does not work for me.

A.

8. JonoH thread starter macrumors member

JonoH

.. its working for me.

the fact that my screen loads radio without a prompt to join apple music should have been good enough guide for you but here is a shot of my phone now playing a station. the earlier shot showing I'm not a apple music subscriber still stands.

Attached Files:

9. Alrescha macrumors 68020

My screen loads radio without a prompt. As I said earlier, if I click on anything I get a dialog box to join Apple Music.

All I was saying was that your screenshot did not demonstrate what you were trying to demonstrate.

A.