Reachability mode not functioning properly in iOS 11

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by bckp0, Oct 8, 2017.

1. bckp0 macrumors newbie

The screen still comes down when I double tap the home button but as I swipe down in the grey area to bring down notification centre (or cover sheet as they now call it!) nothing happens. It can only be accessed by pulling down from the very top of the screen. It only started doing this after updating to 11 and it’s pretty annoying.

Anyone else have this problem/know a fix?

Thanks

iOS 11.0.2 , iPhone 6s Plus 64gb

2. Paddle1 macrumors 68040

This is simply how it works in iOS 11. The iPhone X doesn't have Reachability so it seems it was either an afterthought or deliberately removed, not a bug. All we can do is send a report to Apple and maybe they'll add it back.

3. Paco II macrumors 65816

Just discovered this issue in iOS 11. Real disappointment to find it broken/removed. Like the OP, I use(ed) it frequently to access the notifications list one-handed.

4. thejasonhowell macrumors regular

thejasonhowell

I heard this was a bug and that it's on Apple's radar.

5. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

You sure that's about this and not about the 3D Touch multitasking shortcut gesture (which Apple said they removed on purpose and should be back in iOS 11.1)?

6. thejasonhowell macrumors regular

thejasonhowell

7. Paddle1 macrumors 68040

8. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Looks like iOS 11.1 beta 3 has this working already, so sounds like it should be back to how it was when iOS 11.1 is released.