Really getting tired of apples excuses...iMovie

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by corriewf, Jul 4, 2010.

1. corriewf macrumors 6502a

So spent two hours tonight editing a movie in iMovie to have my phone reboot and crash everytime I tried to export a movie in iMovie. Seems that you can't have too many images in your movie. WTF apple!?

As you see the resolution offered is to put less images or export in a lower resolution. Great! I have a phone with reception problem and I'm supposed hold the phone differently. The chitty proximity censor makes me hang up calls or put people on mute and there is no response from apple on this. The back glass seem fragile as chit. NOW I can't even use their advertised iMovies with more than 10 pics or it crashes. They vow to let me include less pics as a resolution.

Getting real tired of apples crap with this iPhone 4. Before anyone else says it, yeah, I might be taking this beautiful paper weight back for a refund. This is getting old. Where is the old apple that gave a chit about their customers and quality of their product?

2. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

I think it disappeared right about the time the stock crossed the $50 point, somewhere around mid to late 2005... :(

3. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

I know you said you might take the phone back, but you won't so quit whining.

4. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I tried exporting it like 10 times. This is what I did to finaly get it to work. Not sure if it will work for you, but it's worth a shot. I did a hard reset, then went back to iMovie, watched my vid in the iMovie app, then exported it in low res. I did low res to make it easy as possible for it. I was also able to get it to export hd aswell, afterward. It's worth a shot. I didn't think it would ever work right. I agree, the quality control has been ****.

5. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Really getting tired of apples excuses.......

As much as we are of all this non-stop whining?

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

iMovie for iPhone is stupid anyway. I'd just export the raw file and mix it on my Mac.
    Is it really that important to make a fancy movie on the go ?

7. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Yes, because that's what I paid for.

8. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

9. PhoneI macrumors 68000

Is it really that important to email on the go? I can do that on my Mac.

10. corriewf thread starter macrumors 6502a

When you pay for my phones, then you can tell me to stop whining. Until then feel free to exit this thread as I'm sure you had enough of a heads up to it's contents by the title alone.

The work around is to make another project with only ten images and make it a video and then insert that video into your main project. Just do that until your eyes bleed and your done.

Btw, apple, still waiting on my wifi fix for the iPad. Just in case anyone is listening.

Yes, I have two iPhones, one for the mrs and me, both are probably going back. I don't expect perfection. My iPad is a little yellow on the bottom half of the screen but not enough to really notice. I can deal with some flaws.... This chit on the other hand is getting overbearing.

11. keyofnight macrumors regular

keyofnight

Never—because you're whining about people whining. It's an infinite regress.

12. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

Sorry you're having problems...sorry for all the whining! Give it a rest!

13. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I'd much rather read about people whining about people whining than every other thread containing the exact phrase, "WTF Apple!?"

*le sigh*

14. corriewf thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not sure why people complain about whining yet they come into threads that are clearly titled to have such content. Maybe they like to whine about whiners whining.

I am sure if I was complaining about an evo here, I would be praised by some of these complaining about me whining. The shame of it all is that at this point the Evo has less faults than the iPhone 4. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone 4 is a better device,I won't be buying an Evo, but with that said, the Evo has less defects.

Anyway, not trying to get side tracked. I really really wish someone company would come out with a better phone than the iPhone. Apple really need the competition and to get knocked off their horse. Their " it just works " doesn't work for them anymore.

15. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

No offense but, he's stating his personal experience and opinions. If you don't like it, move along, don't even bother posting.

Telling other people to shut up (aka "quit whining") is bad form, and pretty much guaranteed against the rules.

Move along...

16. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Yeah I mean is it really that important to make a phone call on the go? I have a phone that is connected to the wall in my house.

17. corriewf thread starter macrumors 6502a

THANK YOU!

I'm not going to sit here and say I'm not whining or complaining, but it's damn justified. I spent all day taking pics, taking videos of my son on the forth of July to make a video in iMovie to send to relatives. I spent two hours tonight editing everything to find I can't export in ANY resolution without my phone rebooting. Not just crashing the app, no, rebooting. A google search finds that this is a known issue and apple is telling people just to avoid it and deal with it. I'm getting tired of just dealing with it. Cmon! Once I find out it's related to how many images are in the project, I spend another hour removing all the images and making them movies so I can include them to get everything exported. I paid for this phone and paid extra for this app.

I don't have a Mac. Would be nice to have access to iMovie as someone above said, but the principal is still the principal. By that logic, I should use my home phone instead of the phone function on my iPhone because of the reception issues. I hung up on someone the other day when I was on a job interview. I did it with my ear. :mad::mad::mad:

18. Macmel macrumors 6502

Don't listen to the fanboys. When Apple announced iMovie for the iPhone, everything was happiness and congratulations. A wonderful camera with wonderful software... Now it does not work and everything is "well, who needs software for movie editing on the go, anyway?". These guys are absolutely brainless. Now they keep saying nobody should complain about the antenna issue so they don't damage Apple, like Apple is some charity foundation trying to deliver the technology to the people... Brainless...

On the other hand, I understand every product has its flaws, specially when they become so complex that every possible scenario could not be tested. Nevertheless, it's not the flaws which bother me, but Apple's attitude of "deal with it" instead of "we're trying to solve the problem and a solution will come out soon". Your iMovie doesn't work as it's supposed to, then don't use it as you're supposed to. Great move.
    That's why everybody is laughing at Apple. Even Nokia is making fun in their official blog about how many ways you can hold their products without dropping calls.

19. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If you're going to spend 2 hours editing a movie, get a Mac. iMovie app for iPhone is meant for something like a project created in 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, I'm sure the iMovie app will get its bugs ironed out.

20. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

lol, you spent two hours editing a movie on your phone.

Oh yeah, go ahead and return your phone. I bet you don't.

21. corriewf thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'm the loser for using an app that was advertised to work for a couple hours. The apple fan boys obviously have no souls and are sheep. I wasn't making a 20 minute movie or yeah, maybe I would use my computer. Doesn't matter, I bought a phone that was advertised to shoot HD video and pics, then edit them into movies. Just yet another advertised function that doesn't work.

I have no problem with apps having bugs. You nailed everything pretty good in your post. It's their response to the problem. Why didn't they state in the resolution that they will fix it? No no, they want me to use work around.

If you advertise your product to do something and it doesn't, either you are false advertising or you fix it. I have yet to see apple fix it nor do they seem to want to. It's not hard to say, " an update with a fix for this issue will be releases shortly. We apologize for your inconvenience and appreciate your patience. " Its just that simple.

22. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

While I'm sure your frustrated and it crappy that apple didn't really help you with your problem, just the fact that people are complaining about not being able to edit an hd video with over 10 high quality pictures really shows how far we've come. Imagine going back 5 years and telling your past self (who probably has a winmo phone or even a razr) and telling them "man, this sucks, I just tried editing an hd movie on my phone, but it wouldn't let me add more than 10 high quality pictures I took with it's 5 megapixel camera!".
    Again, not bashing or critizing you, just amazed how far cell phones have come in the last couple of years.

23. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Apple has traditionally been pretty much silent on issues until they come out with fixes, but they eventually get to them. Get used to it.

24. Macmel macrumors 6502

Well, apparently you shouldn't be so amazed cause it still doesn't work

25. army91c macrumors 6502a

Stop threatening to take them back and do it already.

This is where your post runs into a big wall of FAIL.
    What part of apple's advertising was false? Can you shoot video? Can you take pictures? Can you edit those vids and pics into a movie? Of course the answer to all 3 of those questions is YES. NOW, did apple say you would be able to do a vid like the one you made? Did they put specs as to how many still pics could be in the movie? These are all things YOU expect, apple never promised it to you.