refurbished macbook - $109?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bams27, May 15, 2007.

1. bams27 macrumors member

bams27

i just saw the price and i was thinking is this a joke? it was in the refurbished section of the apple store..the blackbook the high end and it was only $109..my gosh!!!!!!!! i was waiting if there were new macbooks coming so i just browse the apple store...and voila a macbook that is so cheap that u feel it was april fools..so i place my order it was $123.45 with tax and shipping..maybe apple made a mistake? but it said it was 93% off? i dont know what the problem is? or is it that im so lucky?haha we'll find out soon enough..here are the specs:

Refurbished MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Black
    Part Number: FA701LL/A
    2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    120GB Serial ATA drive @ 5400 rpm
    Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
    Accessory kit
    1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x512
    Superdrive 6x (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    1 $109.00 $109.00
    Ships by: May 22 - May 24
    Delivers by: May 24 - May 31
    Recycling Fee* 1 $6.00 $6.00

Order Subtotal: $115.00
    Free Shipping: $0.00
    Estimated Tax*: $8.45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estimated Total: $123.45

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nplm=FA701LL/A

2. dcv macrumors G3

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i like how the numbers in the total are consecutive.

4. bartelby macrumors Core

5. bams27 thread starter macrumors member

bams27

thanx! maybe this is steve's idea? giving someone a huge discount just because of the loyalty to apple?haha this is gonna be my first :apple: btw..was waiting for the santa rosa mb but hey this one's nice 2..:)

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

If you really wanted a santa rosa i'll give you a whopping $200 for that Macbook (way more than it is worth:D ).

really hope you get this, what a bargain.

7. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Well here's hoping they will be so busy with the updating the store that they won't notice the odd price on your order and cancel it.:D

8. NJuul macrumors 6502

This is obviously an error somewhere, but who knows, maybe they'll just ship it to you anyway. You bought it in "good faith", right? :p
    Hope you get it!

9. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

We all probably wish it was that price but that is probably why the Apple Store is down, some body spilled their coffee this morning I'm guessing.

10. hauntedcity macrumors member

hauntedcity

Well, the deal just popped back up! I added it to my cart, but then got an error, and now the status is "Not available". Ah, well, I really would rather spend $2500 more for a Macbook Pro anyway. :D

11. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

so as soon as the store went back up, i tried to buy this. i saw it for $109, tried to add it to my cart, but it registered as applecare for $249. oh well. i did notice, though, that refurb prices went down $50 on macbooks.

12. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Don't forget to come back and tell us how this plays out.

13. slug420 macrumors regular

i saw this too, store was down, then it was suddenly up, saw the 109 macbook and reread it 15 times.

finally said holy crap and clicked add to cart but the store was down already. when it came back up no magical 109 macbook to be found

14. mozmac macrumors 6502

mozmac

I think Apple should have a week where they sell everything for $109. Wouldn't that be sweet? Be sure to come back and let us know if you actually get that price. I think they should give it to you.

15. bams27 thread starter macrumors member

bams27

this is really legit..

i just received an email from apple..

Hello --,

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Store online. We're processing your order now. Visit Order Status to view your order details and track your shipment. If you'd like to change your order, please log in to Your Account .

Best regards,
    The Apple Store Team
    Order Number:
    W285??????

Order Date:
    MAY 15, 2007

Shipment Information

We will let you know by email after each item in your order ships. If you ordered multiple items, you may receive separate shipments with no additional shipping charges.
    Shipping Address:
    ????
    ????
    Irvine CA 92614
    ????

Order Details

Product Name
    Product Number
    Unit Price
    Qty
    Subtotal

RFB MB 13/2.0/2X512/120/SD:BLK-USA
    FA701LL/A
    $109.00
    $109.00

Ships by:
    May 22 - May 24

Delivers by:
    May 24 - May 31

Recycle Fee

$6.00
    $6.00

Subtotal $115.00
    Sales Tax $8.45
    Total Price
    $123.45

Additional Information

For order status and answers to questions, please visit Customer Service online. Or call 1-800-676-2775, Mon-Fri 7 a.m.-10 p.m., or Sat-Sun 9 a.m.-6 p.m. CT. Please have your Order Number available.

Get the latest news right from the source. Subscribe to Apple's free newsletters and find out about the latest products from Apple and its partners, plus special deals and much more.

This order is subject to Apple's Sales and Refunds Policies.
    Privacy Policy
    Billing Address:
    ????
    ?:??
    Irvine CA 92614
    (????

Purchase Order Number:
    ????

Delivery Time Frames

Standard Shipping
    Allow five business days for delivery.

Delivery Note:
    Most shipments require a signature on delivery. However, we offer an easy way to sign for your package even if you can't be present. Click here for details.

Please do not reply to this email message.
    It was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming email.

You can also order from the Apple Store by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753).
    Copyright © 2007 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

and its not apple care coz apple care is $249 and there is a label attach that says black macbook..and it said 93% off so 1500 - 93% off is 109! i feel like i just won a prize or something..out of all the apple fans out there i was the one who was lucky enough! thank you God! :)

16. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

That would be great if it is true- I am just wondering- did you buy this for yourself?

If so, why is there a Purchase Order number on your email invoice? I would assume that would be blank if you were not purchaseing using a PO. that is my experience at least and I use PO's daily to buy things for my school. Just curious...hope it doesn't mean you won't get it afterall.

17. bams27 thread starter macrumors member

bams27

ha?

purchased order number? i guess it was put there as a link so when i click that number it will go 2 the apple store and view the order..i'll tell u guys when it will arrive if it works out well..hopefully

i just saw the purchased order number and it was my phone number?

18. Frankf300 macrumors regular

Frankf300

Wow, I still can't believe this thread lol. Your so lucky if it goes through and they ship it out to you. The only thing better than this would be to get a new Macbook for free lol. Though I really think that no matter what they should give you the Macbook for the price you believed it to be. They made a mistake and they're going to have to own up to that mistake and give it to you for the price listed. So far, it looks like you might be getting this...I'm rooting for you, can't wait to hear if this comes :D .

19. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

If this goes through for you, you're one luck SOB! Keep us up on how that goes.

20. PreacherKane macrumors 6502

21. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Wow! How come things like that don't happen to me.

22. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

I certainly hope this works out for you. If this is legit and you got that email, if they do charge you a higher amount, I'd say you have a pretty good case with your credit card company to get that changed, anyway. And Apple's usually pretty good about honoring things if they screw up...

So, let us know!

And, why didn't you add, like, 20 of these to your cart and sell 'em on eBay? ;-)

23. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Seriously, that's awesome! But I can't understand why you didn't order a bunch more to then sell. Man, you coulda made a small fortune! :p

24. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

The heading of the original post says the OP was in the refurb store. Items there are listed individually, non? So there's no option of adding multiple units. Otherwise, why not purchase a bunch -- and make wonderful gifts to your friends and the people here on the forums!

That's how they come when ordering online. At least, that's what my last purchase looked like. Maybe it's only like that for items from the refurb store.