Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
Maybe those antennae will be made with liquid metal (hopefully matching the color of the phone itself). liquid metal would help reduce impact during drops and the idea is not new that they would use it in this capacity:
http://www.cultofmac.com/54827/liquidmetal-inventor-exotic-alloy-may-make-new-iphone-antenna-exclusive/

It has to be this is the mockup is real. No way they make it glass as that would shatter easily. And plastic would just look god-awful. Maybe sapphire? I don't know if it's strong enough though...

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I have a 16gb iPhone5 and I've never filled it.

Photos can go to iCloud and be removed from the phone and I just use streaming radio services instead of iTunes.

32gb is an unnecessary extra cost for me.

wouldnt cost extra if it was the new base model doh

BruceEBonus

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2007
Derbyshire, England
When all you have to worry about in your life is the contents of an empty fake and pointless rendering of a case for a forthcoming phone which won't be out for another 5 months yet...it's time to say to yourself "Life's been good to me".

Now. Get outside. Enjoy the world. And come back in September.

It (whisper it) doesn't REALLY matter.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
i work at foxconn and for now there are 2 debates: 1 with the 2 lines for the antennas and 2 without that 2 lines but cutout the apple logo(like imac) and the gsm and wifi work through the apple logo

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
i work at foxconn and for now there are 2 debates: 1 with the 2 lines for the antennas and 2 without that 2 lines but cutout the apple logo(like imac) and the gsm and wifi work through the apple logo

Pass it along that the second option is much superior. ;)

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
Because you guys like mockups so much :D

iPhone-6-VS-iPhone-5s-002.jpg

iPhone-6-VS-iPhone-5s-003.jpg

iPhone-6-VS-iPhone-5s-001.jpg

iPhone-6-VS-iPhone-5s-005.jpg

iPhone-6-VS-iPhone-5s-007.jpg

iPhone-6-VS-iPhone-5s-008.jpg

iPhone-6-VS-iPhone-5s-0013.jpg

iphone-6-dummy-vs-ipod-touch-01.jpg

iphone-6-dummy-vs-ipod-touch-05.jpg

iphone-6-dummy-vs-ipod-touch-07.jpg

iphone-6-dummy-vs-ipod-touch-09.jpg

This dummy has the same dimensions as posted in the OP.

Last edited:

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
still the same bezels all around like iphone 5/5s...common Apple you even in the transition from iphone 4/4s to 5/5s you made the bezels a little bit smaller

Twixt

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
I have a 16gb iPhone5 and I've never filled it.

Photos can go to iCloud and be removed from the phone and I just use streaming radio services instead of iTunes.

32gb is an unnecessary extra cost for me.

Whaf if you have poor network? There are many spots on this planet with zero coverage, does it mean we have to accept our device being useless because some people try to push cloud services as they never travel?
I could fill 256 GB of data anyday, it also depends how heavy usage is...

pedromcm.pm

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2014
Porto, Portugal
What software do they use for rendering? Solidworks? Is there a Mac version?

Sometimes I wonder. What spreadsheet does Apple use for accountability? What Software to make ads? What about Keynotes?

I know that they use final cut and keynote, but it's time they make a big "push" to have software like Solidworks on the platform.

Or build their own alternative, like they did in years past.

Anyway, about the article: Jesus! It's real! An iPhone that can be comfortably used for what it was made: reading, video, games, editing, photography, etc.

Sometimes people that use their iPhone as a Nokia 3310 and "demand" a small device and nothing else (otherwise they say that Apple has lost it) shouldn't be allowed to have Apple products at all. But for the others that really love the current form factor for their merits (one handed operation, etc.) I hope Apple keeps making the absolute best 4" iPhone they can.

It's official, folks. Samsung Mobile is showing weakness (profits going way down, volume of phones up, and that means less and less high end sales for them) and Apple is going to hit them hard.

It's a shame some OEMs will go down first. Oh well, people will have Android Silver as alternatives.

Damn SwiftKey is awesome.

AAPL21

macrumors member
May 11, 2014

What color is the boat house in LongHua Foxconn? And what district is the HonHai's HQ? ;)

Even with end of Sept launch schedule it's too late to be working on design issues now. Parts are already being made at the suppliers. It's even too late to fix major design issues like location of antennas for 6S. IPhone 7, would be the only product that would fall into the timer frame.

You have too many posts for a HonHai employee

Last edited:

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
So lets hope for this shape , with sapphire display cover, A8 more battery efficient with 1800 mah so another day of usage is perfect and i really hope they dont go with more than 120g

and almost forgot a little bit small bezels

Keniutek

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2011
Poland
The dimensions suck. Way too tall for it's screen size.
They better get the battery thing right. No point in making iPhone that thin if it won't last a day of heavy use.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

New alleged renderings of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 said to be sourced from primary Apple supplier Foxconn have surfaced on Chinese site Wei Feng [Google Translate, via GforGames].

The renders, which show measurements of 138 x 67mm for the device, appears to be consistent with drawings published in Japanese magazine MacFan last month, and in line with precise measurements of a mockup done by Taiwanese blog AppleCorner last week.

Similar to details in other reports, the new renders show a number of design changes on the iPhone 6, including rounded corners, rectangular volume controls on the left, and a relocated power button on the top right hand side. Also shown is a cutout for the Apple logo on the rear of the device, which appears to be different than the current logo found on the iPhone 5s and previous models.

Notably, the drawings show two antenna breaks cut out on the rear of the device, which seems to suggest that Apple will incorporate a three-stage aluminum design on the back of the iPhone 6. A report from Mac Otakara last month claimed that Apple would be doing away with the glass breaks currently found on the iPhone 5s, although it is unsure how Apple will change its overall antenna design to accommodate the new look.

Apple is expected to unveil the iPhone 6 later this year, with a recent report stating that the company will launch the 4.7-inch version in August and the larger 5.5-inch version in September. Aside from a large display, Apple's next-generation iPhone will likely include a thinner profile, a new A8 processor, and an improved camera in the form of either optical or electronic image stabilization.

Article Link: Renders of 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Allegedly Sourced from Foxconn Surface

On a Saturday MacRumours, really?

Get out and about. Go and have a coffee or something or meet up with some friends instead of sitting inside all day posting what we all know is utter b u l l **** all the time.

Bless.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Does anyone actually believe the volume and sleep/wake buttons are going to be a different color than the aluminum back? Also from leaked photos I've seen the white and black seams on the back were uneven and in some areas even looked like paint that was chipping off. No way is that a final design. If it is I will sell my Apple stock.

Do you actually know anything about Apple & the industry?

Serious question.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Gonna be so hard to wait for the 5.5 incher.

That's what she said.

----------

On a Saturday MacRumours, really?

This comment is precisely why the rest of the world is laughing as they pass us by economically. Lazy American\western mentality that things only should happen during the week. You do realize that in many countries, the "work week" is 6 days... and in most countries, manufacturing is 24\7\365.... just because you work half as much (reason why American and European productivity is so low) as many countries, the news and flow of information on the internet won't stop for you to sit. I just read

bsolar

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2011
We have rumors the iPhone will be a phone but people still stupidly cling to their phablet wants. I don't understand this. An iPhone 6 will be amazing. Phablets are not.

Maybe for you, but many others beg to differ. Ultimately Apple will sell the format which premium consumers will buy the most: given the market trends today it's clear it will require a >4" screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.