Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Can someone proficient in math, tell me if this narrowish proportion is similar to the current iPhone 5s?

The iPhone 6 will have the same aspect ratio as the iPhone 5/5s. For me the most interesting part of the iPhone 6 will be the new resolution. The resolution is even more interesting than how it will look.

dvoros

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
4.7 iphone 6

:(Please keep the new iPhone 6 with its mere .7 increase in screen size locked up in a drawer somewhere never to see the light of day. What a complete waste of production time. Give us the 5.7 first.:mad:

mmorphgg

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2014
Macrumors, you're full of crap. Any kid with 3DS MAX could knock this crap up - a digital render which "surfaced"? Which shower do you think we came down in?

Morons.

AndyUnderscoreR

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
The light grey areas are interesting, no matter how you drop this phone it's the light grey bits that will absorb the impact (if it's a flat surface you drop the phone onto). If these bits are liquid metal and the screen is sapphire, then Apple's strategy for differentiating this phone from competitors is clear, they will be pushing this phone as much less breakable than everything else.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the line apple will take, but it doesn't explain the the wider bands. My guess is that light grey bits are not liquid metal but slightly flexible rubbery plastic, and Apple will promote it as a phone that doesn't need a case, the wider bands are there to serve two purposes, shock absorption and antenna gaps, and the brown areas on the image will all be metal, not plastic.

kdarling

macrumors P6
My guess is that light grey bits are not liquid metal but slightly flexible rubbery plastic, and Apple will promote it as a phone that doesn't need a case, ...

Interesting thought.

If Apple were to do a plastic/rubbery phone, then a sapphire display would not only prevent most scratches, but also help it to still be seen as "high end".

Waterproof would be nice, too. (After all, it's a primary reason to go all touch in markets like field tech handhelds.)

kafka33

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2014
Yeah, these bezels look way too large for a 4.7" 2014/2015 phone. The dimensions are almost the same as the HTC One of 2013 and people were already complaining back then how large the bezels were.

HTC One has that dimensions because of a pair of state-of-the-art STEREO speakers ! What does iPhone has ? One f..ing huge button and nothing else.
The dimensions are HUGE! Nowdays you'll get a 5'' inch on this dimensions!

:eek:

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
The problem we have is a now, almost historic concept of what materials are quality and what's not.
Irrespecitve of how suitable they are for the task.

Really, the materials quality should be judged based upon how well it performs for it's task.

EG:

Would a gold football or a plastic football be a better football?
Would a Plastic speedboat be better than a metal and wood speedboat?

Really a glass and bendable (soft metal) mobile phone is NOT the best materials for a mobile phone.

You want something light, strong, a little flexible (sat on it) and can take impacts without denting.
Not cold to the touch, smooth edges.

Glass and Metal is really none of those.

From a non snobbish standpoints. Various synthetic plastics and rubber compounds would be the best, most suitable and most practical, and comfortable, strong and durable materials to make a device such as a mobile phone from.

Unfortunately some people's views on what is, in their mind a "quality" material is holding us back from the best materials for the job.

The trick, or rather the challenge is in choosing synthetic materials which are able to be shaped, molded to high precision and look/feel very nice.

Even with that, we still have those idiots who say Plastic = Crap
Irrespective of how suitable it it for the job that's required of it.

If Plastic was expensive and rare Apple and their blind fans would be shouting on how amazing plastics are.

Funny world. huh!

MacAddict1978

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2006
My biggest wish for the next iPhone is 32GB base storage capacity. Someone needs to make the jump.

LG and HTC already got on that train.... and others.... yet i think Apple will wait till everyone else boards and then do it with the 6S and act like they've done something revolutionary.... kind of like they did when they added sms that dumb phones already did

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
So Apple's going back to black (or dark gray) after they abandoned it with the 5S? And the chamfers they just brought to the iPad Air are now being abandoned on the iPhone? Current iPhone has speaker holes on both sides of lightening port. This leak does not. Odd.
1. Sure why not

2. This is the low end iphone. Like last years 5C. This is the '6C' 4.7" budget phone (my guess) coming in at $649. 5S dropping to $549, and 5C to 449. Last tears A7 soc, and last years 8mp camera.

The real 6 with all the goodies coming in 5.5" flavor and the rumored $100 bump to base price of $749. Apple has 'solved' the UI problem of one handed use, and will be going full bore PHABLET. A8 soc, and 12mp camera.

Fall Lineup
$449 iPhone 5C 16GB
$549 iPhone 5S 16GB
$649 iPhone 6C 4.7" ??GB (mockup in thread) hopefully 32GB, A7?
$749 iPhone 6 5.5", truetone flash, stereo speakers with Beats audio(ala HTC ONE), no lcd bezel, A8, 1-2month delay, and rumored $100 increase.

3. No. Never used an iPhone? Previous iPhones 4 through 5S have had 1 set of speaker holes to 1 side of connector, and 1 set of microphone holes to the other side of the connector.

Last edited:

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
That's for signal... this bars help with signal.

Do you not know why a fully metal phone cannot be used?

----------

Looks like an HTC One M7

i understand what they do.... I don't don't think they look too good. With the billion of dollars they have they should be able to come up with something(new material) to not have those breaks.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
HTC One has that dimensions because of a pair of state-of-the-art STEREO speakers ! What does iPhone has ? One f..ing huge button and nothing else.

HTC ONE had Beats brand stereo audio....
Get my drift ;)

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
So Apple's going back to black (or dark gray) after they abandoned it with the 5S? And the chamfers they just brought to the iPad Air are now being abandoned on the iPhone? Current iPhone has speaker holes on both sides of lightening port. This leak does not. Odd.
also

It has a single microphone holes to the left of the port, near headphone jack. All you need for microphone,

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
Apple would never do that!

The only logo in any apple product besides apple's own, was "Bose", on the Bose speakers for the TAM.

For example, MacBooks and iMac's are the only computers that don't come with intel inside stickers.

Those were non Apple entities. If Apple buys Beats, the company, as rumored; "Beats" will be an Apple brand.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
These renders need some global illumination...
Here you go :D

the-Illuminati.jpg

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
How can you tell it isn't a dual LED? You think it's impossible to fit two LEDs in a round housing?

Wouldnt two LED's behind a round aperture mean that one or both are off center? When off center, the light beams would be an asymmetric projection. I am not sure if that is desirable.

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
The iPhone 6 will have the same aspect ratio as the iPhone 5/5s. For me the most interesting part of the iPhone 6 will be the new resolution. The resolution is even more interesting than how it will look.

I looking forward to a Quad HD or a 2K screen resolution myself. Samsung S5 Prime and HTC Prime One and LG G3 will have the 2K screen resolutions in them. It will be hard for Apple to not to have it and say that HD is good enough! Plus, the Prime will have the Snapdragon 805 inside it too!

Apple needs the A8S and upgrade graphics to be on par with these Prime smartphones. The A8 needs to be skipped!

newcronos

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
Apple would never do that!

The only logo in any apple product besides apple's own, was "Bose", on the Bose speakers for the TAM.

For example, MacBooks and iMac's are the only computers that don't come with intel inside stickers.

Don't worry, Apple 'would never do' a lot of things they ended up doing anyway :D

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
This phone is "unapologetically" 3 years late.

Yes and Apple is crying loud .... They sold just a couple of iPhones in the last three years ....

----------

This is so funny.. The dimensions just sucks!!
Moto X :
65,3 × 129,4 × 10,5 mm
130g Maybe someone junst wants to use it as a dildo ##

Maybe, and just maybe, because moto x has no physical buttons ? :rolleyes:

----------

Yup. Beats will come with iPhone 6S.
The S always meant something: speed, siri, sensor. Next will be speaker or sound. Lol

Even on the iPhone 6C we are not going to see any Beats logo ... this is apple, not HTC ...

----------

Not true.

The Harman-Kardon name appears on the iSub 2000 Subwoofer and Soundsticks, which were designed and sold by Apple.

The Nike logo appears (alongside the Apple logo) on the Nike + iPod shoe sensor.

The Product Red logo appears on iPods.

And there's the Bose mark on the TAM, as you noted.

So now we have at least four examples of something that "Apple would never do."

There is no logo on any iPad, iPod, iPhone or Mac, other than the apple .....

Mac-a-Mac

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2009
To me the mockup looks like a Lumia 925 except for the Touch ID and the side keys.
925 has round/squared edges. Mockup has round edges.
The bottom and top side dark lines on the "metal" are the same.

I'll buy an iPhone 6 to use the iOS apps and I'll continue to use my 925 as well.
Now is the time for an iPhone, it's now or never :)

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy

Touchid, never heard about it ? Surely it is more important than any gimmick stereo speakers (because how many people use internal speakers on a phone ?) ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.