Restart into OS X

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Bazu, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Bazu macrumors regular

Hi,

Recently I've installed Windows 10 via Bootcamp.
    The issue I have is when I try to restart into OS X using Bootcamp tray icon in Windows it does reboot my computer into recovery partition not into OS X one. And that forces me to manually change boot partition again.

Do anyone experience similar issue and is there fix for it?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Hold Alt on startup, then use the arrow keys to move to the Macintosh HD partition. Hold CTRL and the select disk icon will change. Hit Enter to boot into Macintosh HD.

Then restart and try again -- any better?

3. Bazu thread starter macrumors regular

It set OS X as default boot, but Bootcamp Control Panel option "Restart into OS X" retained bug where it changes boot drive again to recovery.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 11, 2017 ---
    Posting video from to show what is happening

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Oh boy, I bet that gets annoying. =/

If you just select Restart normally in Windows (right-click Start menu> Shutdown/signout> Restart), does it boot into macOS that way?

5. Bazu thread starter macrumors regular

Yes only if OS X is set as default system.

6. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Not sure why it isn't working normally but hopefully macOS as default/restarting Windows is an okay workaround.

You can try ensure the BootCamp software is up to date, though I can't offer any suggestions beyond that. Sorry. Hopefully somebody else has some ideas.