Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
she never boot the macbook

She tried booting it before making the video.

It originally came with 10.10.2 preinstalled, but it auto-updated to a newer build after its first boot and basically bricked itself, displaying an OS compatibility error.

See at 4:29.

mgipe

macrumors demi-god
Oct 6, 2009
CA
Nice production. Being a language deficit American, I wish I could understand more of it.

solamar

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2008
It's actually in Russian.

Ukraine has both Russian and Ukrainian as its official languages.

I popped by at the Rozetka site and it's all in Russian, not Ukrainian (I'm a speaker of both languages).

EDIT: Looks like MR cleaned up the article and no longer says that the video is spoken in Ukrainian.

EDIT 2: Credits to someone else for pointing out an error I made, Ukrainian is the sole official language of the country. Russian, or any other minority language, has the status of a regional language in areas of Ukraine where the percentage of representatives of national minorities exceeds 10% of the total population of a defined administrative district, whereby it can be used in courts, schools and other government institutions.

She can speak any language she wants... she's hot.. lol :D

Mackinjosh

Suspended
Aug 21, 2014
She's speaking Russian, not Ukranian. And to sum it up, it's a crap upgrade. It's as fast as an Air from 2011, but with a lot less functionality. The better choice is the Macbook Pro Retina 13 inch model.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Is it weird that I like the design of the Air more? On top of having actual much needed ports; sans dongle. I just like that wedge shaped design...

----------

The better choice is the Macbook Pro Retina 13 inch model.

Based on specs, I totally agree. Pro is faster with all the ports that are still in use for the exact same price. And it only weighs like 1.5 lbs more. I'm guessing the MB is for people who prefer lightness and design over functionality.

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
Pro is faster with all the ports that are still in use for the exact same price. And it only weighs like 1.5 lbs more. I'm guessing the MB is for people who prefer lightness and design over functionality.

It's *not* the exact same price. Spec the MB Pro with the same RAM and SSD size and you'll find that it's $200 more.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
It's *not* the exact same price. Spec the MB Pro with the same RAM and SSD size and you'll find that it's $200 more.

Aren't they both at 4gb RAM and 128gb storage? I'll look again.

EDIT: RAM is at 8gb for both $1299 models, the difference is Storage (besides the faster processor on the MBP.

Even at 128gb of SSD the Pro model is a better "value" than the MB IMO. It can also take SD cards so you can swap out 128gb of media just as easily.

Last edited:

Negaiido

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2010
They are just a tech enthusiast expressing their excitement to get new tech on a technology-focused site.

Actually if you look into his/hers history you can see that she/he is not really a tech enthusiast but really just bragging (see buying apple edition of the apple watch or buying multiple rMBPs).

rcalderoni

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2011
Nice production. Being a language deficit American, I wish I could understand more of it.

If you turn on the closed captioning then you can go into the CC menu and turn on translation, at least it helps a bit.

chasemac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2005
In a house.
What on earth is youtube translating here?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 12.09.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 12.09.48 PM.png
    167.4 KB · Views: 193
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.