Return black to get white iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nrwrit3r, Jul 7, 2010.

?

Will you return your black iphone for a white one?

1. Yes

142 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. No

296 vote(s)
    67.6%
  1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

There's a 30 day guarantee, so I can return mine until like July 27th.

Will you return your black for the white one? Maybe the white one will also have a fix to the antenna thing? Probably not though.

Please note: I'm not talking about some kind of supported "exchange." I'm talking about returning your iphone, getting your upgrade back, then buying a white one.

---

About those who are freaking out about the "scum" we are for returning our phones?

It's nothing like wearing clothes then returning them later. Because Apple didn't have the white iPhone available...PLUS they have had this whole antenna issue; I feel no remorse for playing the company that forced me to buy a bumper to use the phone for which I paid so much money.

2. nykeiscool macrumors newbie

3. samcraig macrumors P6

I hope they don't take exchanges. I also hope that the white phone comes out after the 30 day notice.

You should learn to be patient enough to wait for something you want - and not have the I WANT IT NOW so I don't care how I make that happen mentality.

Here's hoping that anyone who tries this course of action... can't. Or it's cost prohibitive.

Yeah. I said it.

4. LegendKillerUK macrumors 6502

Who buys a phone only to return based on it not being the colour you wanted, even with the knowledge that the other colour was coming?

Even worse is the number of people who wanted one but couldn't get and you're not even gonna keep it.

I don't understand this mentality.:confused:

5. tocheeba macrumors member

^^ What he said. Screw those of you that don't have the patience. I didn't buy a black one because I knew I wanted the white. I wasn't going to deny someone a black one at launch because I HAD to have it right then.

Apple won't let you exchange. Sure, you can return it, but you'll probably have to wait before you can buy the white one. And you'll also have a restocking fee - I know Apple said they wouldn't if you wanted to return it, but that's for the antenna/reception problem. If you go to return your black and want to re-buy white, that's your fault and you should suffer the restocking fee.

6. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

I've stated my position in many other threads.

I don't think it's right, and I don't think it should be allowed.

That isn't really going to stop anyone, so it doesn't really matter.

7. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Not that you care, but you can guarantee most people who happen upon this thread will have a fairly low opinion of people considering taking that course of action, OP.

Poor show all round, really, and not a good attitude to have, imo.

8. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

Negative. Because from judging what i've seen on the various boards alot of people seem to want white and i don't want something that thousands or other people will have.

So i'm going to enjoy my black one

9. timerollson macrumors 65816

THIS.

10. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

Yeah I don't think that it should be allowed. That's your fault for not waiting. You knew they were coming out with a white one. Ugh people who do return it will get under my skin

11. StephanP89 macrumors newbie

The white looks snappy, I've had white as my color of choice with my 3G and 3GS.

But with the white cover on the front, it reminds me too much of an old school iPod. Also, the contrast and black levels on the iPhone 4 are so great that having a black faceplate makes it all just kind of blend in together.

12. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I'll be returning mine on the 23rd and waiting for the white one.:D

Huh? So you'd rather have the color that millions of people (already) have?

13. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

Ditto!!! +1 :D

14. PUCCY macrumors regular

I am returning the black for the white. I dont care what you losers think. Giving us a moral lesson. If you dont want to do it then dont. It's perfectly legal for us to do so. To wish that the phone doesnt come within the 30 days tells me more about you than me.

15. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

Sure why not. Beats standing in line waiting for a white iPhone. I'll make sure to stop at my local apple store and laugh at the people waiting in line attempting to return a Black iPhone outside of the 30-day window. That will be pretty funny.

16. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

uh but they did already sell millions of black ones... :p

edit: waited too long haha

17. PUCCY macrumors regular

omg! LOL those who have their feathers ruffled over us returning our phones. And JediZenMaster, that's just pathetic. U would look like a fool standing pointing finger at people.

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. If I wanted a white iPhone, I would have acted like an adult and waited for one.

19. matj101 macrumors newbie

Yeh, it tells you that we are decent people who believe you wait for something you want, and that you're the pathetic kind of immature idiot that epitomizes whats wrong with half the world today, who have to have everything immediately, or they start kicking off, and if they can't then have their way later down the road think the whole worlds against them and start acting like class A pricks!

20. slate1 macrumors regular

I had a white-backed 3g, but I guess I'm one of the few that think the white I4 phone is just downright hideous... I guess it would look good if I wore those popular big-ass white shades that look like they're straight off the wardrobe rack of a Burt Reynolds film... but, the bright white front is just not for me.

21. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

I was being sarcastic :D I never wait in line for apple products. I always pre-order because i've got too much going on in my life so i don't have time to stand in line. But feel free to :)

22. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

+Another.

23. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Don't worry about PUCCY. He's been trolling the White iPhone threads for a while now.

24. lhs2011 macrumors newbie

I am returning my black to get a white. I mad the mistake of getting a 16gb and now I realize I need a 32gb. So either color I chose I will be returning my 16gb. Thought I would like the black but when I sold my 3g I looked at the back and I really missed white. That is when I decided I should wait a few more weeks to get the White 32gb rather than the Black 32gb.

25. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I really wanted a white. But I got a 32GB black and honestly I love it. I have the black bumper and it looks really good

i'll probably end up just keeping this one.

I might end up buying an aftermarket white replacement back so i can have both colors!