Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you return your black iphone for a white one?

• Yes

Votes: 142 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 296 67.6%

• Total voters

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
Yeh, it tells you that we are decent people who believe you wait for something you want, and that you're the pathetic kind of immature idiot that epitomizes whats wrong with half the world today, who have to have everything immediately, or they start kicking off, and if they can't then have their way later down the road think the whole worlds against them and start acting like class A pricks!

Agreed. Someone might as well go buy some new clothes on Friday, wear them out that night, then return them Saturday saying they didn't fit properly. There is something definitely wrong with it.

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
I think the white looks very cool, but I prefer the black for me.

omg! LOL those who have their feathers ruffled over us returning our phones. And JediZenMaster, that's just pathetic. U would look like a fool standing pointing finger at people.

You know what is pathetic? People who say things like "LOL" and "U."

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Why are people so concerned about what other people are doing seriously :rolleyes:If they wanna pay the restocking fee to do an exchange then let them. No money, time, or sweat off your back. People stay worried about the wrong ish :rolleyes:

PUCCY

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2008
oh whatever, get over it.

So I wasn't patient to wait. Big deal! There are no rules that suggest people to wait for the white. If you chose to, then thats your choice.

And if it's about morals? Then we all have different ideas of what is moral and what is not. It's not like a coupon or a free phone. It's not like a stole the phone. I tried the black and Im not satisfied, still want the white one. If that makes me immoral or a horrible person, then so be it.

But some of you seem bitter, maybe coz you are dying waiting and feel jealous that some of us chose not to wait. boo hoo.

PUCCY

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2008
Why are people so concerned about what other people are doing seriously :rolleyes:If they wanna pay the restocking fee to do an exchange then let them. No money, time, or sweat off your back. People stay worried about the wrong ish :rolleyes:

thank you! if you wanna wait, wait. if you cant dont. And there is no restocking fee.

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009

So I wasn't patient to wait. Big deal! There are no rules that suggest people to wait for the white. If you chose to, then thats your choice.

And if it's about morals? Then we all have different ideas of what is moral and what is not. It's not like a coupon or a free phone. It's not like a stole the phone. I tried the black and Im not satisfied, still want the white one. If that makes me immoral or a horrible person, then so be it.

But some of you seem bitter, maybe coz you are dying waiting and feel jealous that some of us chose not to wait. boo hoo.

How old are you? I'm guessing 12, tops.

BlondeBuddhist

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2010
I doubt it.

Not because there is any moral attachment to the issue, but because I like my black iPhone 4. If Apple doesn't want to deal with people returning their product for another color, they shouldn't tell people both models will be available for pre-order on a certain date, only to silently remove the option last minute.

If I were to get the white phone, the route I would take would be to add a line of service, get the subsidy, pay the ETF and decide which phone to sell after a week with both phones. If I stuck with the back phone I suspect I would make a decent profit as the white phones are pulling insane amounts of currency. That's assuming the moral police don't bust down my bungalow and take away my birthday.

Blonde Buddhist

BadMoon

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Don't really see why anyone cares what people plan to do. Personally I love the black. This screen IMO will look much better against black then white. Oh and a guy with a white phone? That's a tad ghey.

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
I am returning the black for the white. I dont care what you losers think. Giving us a moral lesson. If you dont want to do it then dont. It's perfectly legal for us to do so. To wish that the phone doesnt come within the 30 days tells me more about you than me.
This

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA

Because we know you didn't "try" the black phone with the intent to keep it. When it comes to morals and ethics INTENT is a big part of it. You're not an innocent. You bought one KNOWING you'd exchange it.

And yes - it's legal. But that doesn't make it right. And calling us jealous is ridiculous. I bought a black phone because that's what I wanted. If white had come first - I would have waited. Because that's what ADULTS do.

And to DJRANSOM's point - why do we care? Hello - it's a poll and a message board. If you don't want commentary about your decision - just do it and don't "brag" about it.

I swear. Not only do some people have a piss-poor mentality, ethics, judgement, etc - but then they BRAG about their decisions instead of just shutting up and doing their own thing. Fail and then fail again.

lhs2011

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
Don't really see why anyone cares what people plan to do. Personally I love the black. This screen IMO will look much better against black then white. Oh and a guy with a white phone? That's a tad ghey.
So a person with a white iPod is a "ghey". Yeah let me tell you, I was straight and then I got a white iPhone so I MUST be gay now. Come on have a little security in your sexuality.

Cortezbanks

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2008
IMO white iPhones are like white sunglasses. Look tacky and not nearly as classy as black iPhones. Black ones look clean and sleek

medicscott

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2009
san diego
IMO white iPhones are like white sunglasses. Look tacky and not nearly as classy as black iPhones. Black ones look clean and sleek

i agree 100%

my lady is getting the white one...i will not touch it. but as far as the topic goes...who cares, do what makes ya happy!

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
So all the people that bought the white G1 or the My touch 3G are gay? your judging people by the color of their phone?Seriously?

Nrwrit3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2010

Then I'm def switching for a white ;)

rchristie00

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
I had to register in the site just to laugh at the people butt hurt about people exchanging the for the white one calling it "unethical" "not right" hahaha damn seriously im exchanging it for the white, matter of fact i might even sell it make profit and STILL get the white one, come on people lighten up "unethical" hahahahaha

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Houston, TX
just so you'll know

"if you want a white iPhone Go Home, you should not be here".... this was the advice given to many at Houston's Memorial City Mall Apple store on launch day...also store associates stated that exchanging the Black for white would not be allowed due to "expected limited supply"

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
I had to register in the site just to laugh at the people butt hurt about people exchanging the for the white one calling it "unethical" "not right" hahaha damn seriously im exchanging it for the white, matter of fact i might even sell it make profit and STILL get the white one, come on people lighten up "unethical" hahahahaha

Wow. What an amazing contribution. We're so glad you signed up.

:rolleyes:

rchristie00

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
"if you want a white iPhone Go Home, you should not be here".... this was the advice given to many at Houston's Memorial City Mall Apple store on launch day...also store associates stated that exchanging the Black for white would not be allowed due to "expected limited supply"

might be true, easy fix. Sell your black iphone make some profit and buy the white one for full price, i already sold one for 800$ so, in times like this you have to take advantage, and dont give me the "omg that couldve been someones reserve " BS cause ill just laugh in your face

Fidget08

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010

If you want something really classy and business like get a blackberry. Way more classy than any iphone. Dont get me wrong classy does not me overall appearance. The iphone wins hands down in eyecandy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.