Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you return your black iphone for a white one?

• Yes

Votes: 142 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 296 67.6%

• Total voters

LegendKillerUK

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
might be true, easy fix. Sell your black iphone make some profit and buy the white one for full price, i already sold one for 800$ so, in times like this you have to take advantage, and dont give me the "omg that couldve been someones reserve " BS cause ill just laugh in your face

I'm alright with what you done. If you can get two and sell it to someone for profit more power to you. It's the arrogance of some people who expect Apple to honour a return as they were too greedy to wait that's the problem.

I'm not trying to be holier than thou, I just don't understand they would go through with a purchase in this scenario.

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
I had to register in the site just to laugh at the people butt hurt about people exchanging the for the white one calling it "unethical" "not right" hahaha damn seriously im exchanging it for the white, matter of fact i might even sell it make profit and STILL get the white one, come on people lighten up "unethical" hahahahaha

There are plenty of things in life thay you shouldn't do even though you can. The choices people make ever day affect others.

Most of the time it's about patience, responsibility, and maturity, but I don't expect much of that here.

I recently had someone hit my car in a parking lot while I was taking my kids to a movie. Surprisingly, they waited and told me what happened. It ended up costing them $500 to repair what was a tiny scratch. I'm not sure most people would have owned up to it. I'm glad they did. I definitely would have.

It's the arrogance of some people who expect Apple to honour a return as they were too greedy to wait that's the problem.

I don't care if people make a profit either, but I agree with this.

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2008
I would, but from what I hear the white ones have worse antennae issues than the black ones.

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Houston, TX
might be true, easy fix. Sell your black iphone make some profit and buy the white one for full price, i already sold one for 800$ so, in times like this you have to take advantage, and dont give me the "omg that couldve been someones reserve " BS cause ill just laugh in your face

LMAO...nah the "ethical argument" used to defend multi billion dollar companies that use sweatshops to manufacture their overpriced products doesen't fly with me....I personally don't care, just sharing what I was told...as far as ethics go I honestly don't care what people do as long as it does ot affect me...I actually have gotten a new 3GS three months in a row from Apple due to dubious "software glitches" and "hardware defects"....I am a definite advocate of exchanging!

Fidget08

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
There are plenty of things in life thay you shouldn't do even though you can. The choices people make ever day affect others.

Most of the time it's about patience, responsibility, and maturity, but I don't expect much of that here.

I recently had someone hit my car in a parking lot while I was taking my kids to a movie. Surprisingly, they waited and told me what happened. It ended up costing them $500 to repair what was a tiny scratch. I'm not sure most people would have owned up to it. I'm glad they did. I definitely would have.

Someone hit my car and drove off this winter. Did they leave a note? NOPE. I had to pay 2500 out of my own pocket for their dumba$$ery. Does that make it okay for me to do the same thing? NOPE.

We should all be our own person and do what we feel is okay. If you wanna get a new phone go for it. If you like yours keep it. Everyone just needs to be happy :)

rchristie00

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
I'm alright with what you done. If you can get two and sell it to someone for profit more power to you. It's the arrogance of some people who expect Apple to honour a return as they were too greedy to wait that's the problem.

I'm not trying to be holier than thou, I just don't understand they would go through with a purchase in this scenario.

You are right, matter of fact i doubt theyll take color exchanges. I guess u can return get ur money and buy it again as white. I dont see why they wouldnt do that, also as a consumer and costumer you have the right to be satisfied with the product you buy, now.. i have 30 days to return it , the black DID NOT meet my satisfaction nor expectations.. I paid money for this device , white looks better in my hand, BOOM ! get me my white iphone :cool:

D3lta

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2008
Cupertino, California
"if you want a white iPhone Go Home, you should not be here".... this was the advice given to many at Houston's Memorial City Mall Apple store on launch day...also store associates stated that exchanging the Black for white would not be allowed due to "expected limited supply"

Who said anything about exchanging? Return the phone within 30 days and come back when the white model comes out. Or wait till your eligibility resets and had it shipped home. Nothing Apple can really do.

Nrwrit3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Wait if you buy a 32gb for $299

Sell on ebay for $800

Then buy it for $699 full price...that's -300+800-700 = no profit

Am I missing something?

rchristie00

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010

I don't care if people make a profit either, but I agree with this.

Its life brotha! .. thats why we live in this world, all people are different, some are polite some arent, you have to deal with it, and as long as it doesnt affect you people shouldnt be bitching about other people taking advantage of situations is the world we live in, eat or get eaten

rchristie00

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
Wait if you buy a 32gb for $299

Sell on ebay for $800

Then buy it for $699 full price...that's -300+800-700 = no profit

Am I missing something?

Well i had 2 phones, so i made 600 on one, and one that stayed with me thats going back to the store for the white

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
Its life brotha! .. thats why we live in this world, all people are different, some are polite some arent, you have to deal with it, and as long as it doesnt affect you people shouldnt be bitching about other people taking advantage of situations is the world we live in, eat or get eaten

I've found in my experience people generally get what they deserve, so it's not a big deal to me. It's usually the people who'd take advantage of something like this that would be the first and loudest complainers about anything Apple will do.

Typing words on a forum is about the smallest form of bitching I can think of, so it's nothing more than a mildly entertaining waste of time. Like I said, no big deal in the big picture.

dvrmstrng

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2006
amazing how many people here reference an electronic device with such a neutral color (white) as "gay".

Leftyum

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
I'm returning all my of my families iPhones and getting new white ones. Screw Apple. If they are fixing the white ones I want to make sure it is going to work. Sorry to upset you all. Don't be upset you early birds got it in the butt with defective phones. Argue and get the working phone you deserve. Stop drinking the damn Steve jobs kool aid, the phones ALL have a problem but you won't admit it. Fanboys.

LAS22

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2008
The wife is. She always had a white iPhone, 3G & 3GS, and still wants one for the new 4. I’m keeping my black.

Our particular situation:
:( - I sold both our 3GSs a week before pre-order. Needed to get as much back for our iPhone before prices start dropping since we only qualified for the “early upgrade” pricing. Using our 4yr old Samsung sliders in the meantime.

:mad: - Day of pre-order there’s no white available.

:confused: - Went ahead and pre-ordered 2 blacks as she needed to get back on a “smart phone” for work related concerns while away from home or office…maps, email, internet and some texting. The 2” screen and standard keypad can only be put up for so long once you’ve been using an iPhone for sometime.

:) - iPhone 4s received, she’s back in business.

lionqueen

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2009
I'll be honest, I thought about it... but nah. Something about it doesn't sit right with me (even though I don't think it's as horrible a thing as some ppl in this thread make out - it's not going to kill anyone), so I'm not going to do it. My bf and I were actually talking about it and he came up with the idea of getting his mom a phone - a white one - then switching the numbers between mine and hers (you can do that, right?) so I could have the white one and she could have the black one. We're thinking about it - might do it, might not bother. I was really bummed when white wasn't available initially, but I'm not so bothered anymore. I love my black iPhone, and it looks tight with the white bumper, so it's all good. Whenever the white one comes out, we'll think about doing the 'get another line for his mom and switch phones' thing. For now, I'm happy with the phone I have :)

rchristie00

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
Why don't you? And while I'm at it, you can't really exchange your black for your white, this was policy with the 3GS.

cause i dont feel like it , period... anything else? well dont bother im signing off and erasing my account just wanted to be on this thread , laterssss !!!

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008
Don't really care what people do as long as I get a white one when they become available. I will be pissed if I don't get one because people are able to exchange, but most likely that won't be the case. I just hope they take pre-orders. I don't think Apple will do pre-exchanges.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.