Returning Macbook Pro Can I Keep Charger?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tylero, Jul 22, 2010.

1. tylero macrumors newbie

Hi there so my original MBP arrived complete with a large dent and as a result I have a replacement coming. My question is, when I send the defective MBP back can i Omit the charger? Is apple actually likely to bother going to all the effort to contact me about a now second hand charger?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. tylero thread starter macrumors newbie

adequate compensation for sending me defective goods in the first place if you ask me...

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

Won't go over well with the return - they would charge you for it. Who said it was defective? It could have been damaged by the shipper.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

A full replacement isn't sufficient for you?
    You need to make a $79 profit?
    Really?

6. tylero thread starter macrumors newbie

its very inconvenient and takes up my time so i reckon £50 is warranted. I love how people feel Apple is this delicate baby that needs protecting from shrinkage.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I love how people feel entitled to take what is not theirs just because it comes from a big company

8. tylero thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm i wouldn't take anything ;) but so long as it's under £200...

Americans have a different viewpoint to brits I guess...

9. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

I just got a nice kitchen table set delivered to me, but the table has a huge gouge in it. I think I’ll keep one of the chairs.

10. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Integrity?

11. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Are you seriously even asking this question? Where are your morales and core values? It is theft, pure and simple. What goes around comes around. I personally could not care less if it is Apple or Microsoft, or dell. It is theft...

12. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I love this logic that is used by people to justify stealing when there is no reason for it in the first place

I hope apple charges you 79 for the charger and you know what? they probably will. They are not stupid and they have your CC on file

Some people astound me with their sense of entitlement

OP: You bought a computer that had a warranty ATTACHED to it that you HAD AGREED to in the event there were issues. If you didn't like the terms, don't buy from Apple. Really quite a simple concept. How can you feel entitled to it when you already agreed on the terms of warranty when you first bought it:rolleyes:

13. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

he thinks it is only because its an apple product. But when you replace MacBook Pro with any other product, it just sounds crazy.

14. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

This. That's just morals. I'm sure every county has the same one, just yours are a bit off.

15. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Keep it.

And keep the MBP' to, your entitled too it. Just zell it via EBay or better Creakslist as broken mashine and buy somethink nice for you'reself.

And all the other poster's talking about integryti or morils or efen thevt, ignore them. Its a egotistik world anyway, y be-ave otherwize.

16. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

Screw spelling and grammar too!

17. Ann P macrumors 68020

Keep it, you already know you want to. Just don't throw a hissy fit when your card is charged. :rolleyes:

18. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

To the OP- if you want to, try to take it, but if they charge yo for it, don't be surprised, we warned you.

Either there is something wrong with your keyboard, or you need a lesson in spelling :mad:.

19. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

I would say a combination of both probably.

20. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Wow, seriously? :rolleyes:
    That's like buying a buying a lock, but just returning the key.
    You don't get compensation. You are obliged for a repair/replacement for 1 year and if you want, you can return it and pay a restocking fee (which you should have been aware of when buying your computer).

21. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

He was trying to make a point ;)

22. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Screw Apple is the motto of this thread. ;)

Neither. It was meant sarcastic, as I see such posts on a daily basis, not as exaggerated though, but bad enough. Threads like these are a good place to vent those accumulated orthographical misdeeds. ;)

And failed at that. The errors may have been too obvious, but my memories from LameBook tell me otherwise though.
    I've met aliens, who could speak the respective native language better than many aborigines.

23. Xombie11 macrumors regular

Just tell them you definitely included it in the package--you double checked. It must have been them who lost it. And you're good to go; they wont charge you. :)

24. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

don’t help him...

25. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

They won't accept the return at all. Really, I'm surprised this is even open for discussion. The package contents must all be there.