Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
Glad yours arrived! It sounds as though your first thoughts are quite similar to those who have the Playproof as well. I completely understand what you mean about a different case having ridges/additional texture. That's what makes me continue to bounce between the Playproof and the Atmos X4! Better to have cases that you really enjoy and function well than to not, though :) It is also possible you'll get more used to the handling of your phone in the case after a few days of breaking it in.
It is great to have such excellent choices to choose from as the PlayProof and the Atmos X4. Both are fantastic cases:)

Reactions: rcjr and AE14

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
So one person has gotten it takes work with the ice max it seems like, anyone else?

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
I received mine today and I absolutely LOVE this case.
The fit and attention to detail is the best I've felt.
This feels like an official Apple case but it's very slippery. I really wish it had a little bit more grip.

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
I just reinstalled a curved edge screen protector and I managed to get it to work with the PlayProof without any lifting on any of the corners. This is now the perfect setup for me now.

So did it work with the ice max? I just ordered one with the hopes that it does.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
I received mine today and I absolutely LOVE this case.
The fit and attention to detail is the best I've felt.
This feels like an official Apple case but it's very slippery. I really wish it had a little bit more grip.
I feel the same way. I love the case but the slickness has me on the fence. After a few days I'm adjusting but still debating. Part of me wants to try the bumper since it supposedly has more grip. Either that or put a sticker or something on the back with some sort of texture.

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
Just got mine, and I like it a bunch, how hard is it to take off any tips? Don't want to mess up screen protector

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
Just got mine, and I like it a bunch, how hard is it to take off any tips? Don't want to mess up screen protector

gilverx

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2015
My Playproof just arrived! Just my first impressions of the case. Its plain red.

Fit and details of the cases are awesome, just that buttons are a little on the stiffer side however they provide an awesome tactile feedback.
Feel and comfort of the case is pretty similar to apple silicone case, just short of that smooth yet grippy material on the back. edges of the phone doesn't hurt your pinky when resting on the port area.
Not that slippery as I imagined it to be.
Tried spinning the phone on my table, doesn't go rounds and rounds. Does however move quite a bit if pushed.

Compared to bodyglove dropsuit, the ridges does give an awesome grip, but kind of tires my hand out after long texting days. dropsuit does not fit as well/tight compared to PP ( perhaps I removed too many times )

Overall, this should be my daily go to case, except for days that i'm prone to dropping my phone, then probably dropsuit. Not using a E2E screen protector, so can't comment on that.

Reactions: THE JUICEMAN

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
So an update from me. I must have gotten used to the case cuz now the feel of it doesn't bother me as much. It's a keeper for me. I still have my UAG hanging out here but I haven't felt the need to switch back to it.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Are any of you using the screen protector that comes in the bundle? If so, how is it? The mobiletech review site has me pretty convinced on it's effectiveness, I just haven't heard from anybody on how it looks and feels.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Are any of you using the screen protector that comes in the bundle? If so, how is it? The mobiletech review site has me pretty convinced on it's effectiveness, I just haven't heard from anybody on how it looks and feels.
I have it on my 6s plus with the play proof. Aaron's review is spot on. Very effective and easy install, however there are a lot of fingerprint to. If you don't get ocd about that you should be fine

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
I've had to go back to my Apple leather case. This case is far to slippery.
It feels like it's going to drop out of my hands always.

easheer

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2010
Disappointing to hear it's slippery. This was going to be my next purchase.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015

IMO this is one of those times when you need to make your own decision. "slippery" has many definitiions so what's good to one person could easily be poor for another. I'll post back here in a little while with my own impressions, UPS tracking tells me mine have been delivered today so can't wait to get off work and go try them out. I got both the playproof and crashguard, I might send one back or might just keep them both depending on how I feel about them.

easheer

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2010
Agreed that this can be subjective. I have their bumper, which I don't find to be terribly slippery. Anyone with the bumper also have the playproof? Is the material similar?

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Just as an aside, my wife has one of the printed cases for her 6s. It offers more grip than the plain black I have

Reactions: scjr

scjr

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
You know, initially I thought the same and I mentioned it in my review. I've had it for awhile now and I'm very use to it. It just doesn't feel as slippery as it was initially. I love everything about the case.

easheer

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2010
You know, initially I thought the same and I mentioned it in my review. I've had it for awhile now and I'm very use to it. It just doesn't feel as slippery as it was initially. I love everything about the case.

Thanks. Maybe I'll give it a try. I'm a big fan of their bumper, which is why I wanted to try the case as well.

Reactions: AE14
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.