Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I am considering the smoke or clear Fusion for my 6 Plus. Is this a smoke or clear on this photo? Thanks

Clear. I was disappointed by the way the smoke looked on it. The clear shows the sides and gives the impression of the device having a " force field "

phon

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2011
64gb 6+

I purchased clear one from ebay official ringke. ITs came with screen protector.

Good quality for $10.99

NewToMac11

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2011
here are some pics of the clear on an gold 6 plus.

Attachments

• IMG_1198.JPG
    IMG_1198.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 659
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 824
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 456
  • IMG_1197.JPG
    IMG_1197.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 496

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I'm still using my Ringke case one week on.

Whilst I love the slimness of it, I am finding that the back of the case is very prone to finger print smudges (only visible in certain light). Also, if you're hands are a little clammy (a little sweaty!), it rubber frame tends to get a little slippery!

Still gonna keep on using it though......!

Mojer

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
From Amazon,
Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 0.5 x 2.7 inches ; 0.3 ounces; Shipping Weight: 3 ounces (iPhone 6 4.7)

Thanks....but that must be for the 6 because the 6 Plus is over 6" in length naked.

newtothis1

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2014
does any one have experience dropping their phone with the fusion on them?

are the fusion cases protective for drops? or just scratches?

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
Went to buy 2 more, they are gone from Amazon?

Here is link to Ringke's Official eBay Account listing for 6+ Case $10.99:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/28144166784...49&var=580478908745&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Mind you that shipping will take about 2 weeks despite the times mentioned on the listing. I bought 2 at different times and first took 1.5 weeks, 2nd took 2 weeks.

----------

anyone have experience on the drop protection the fusion offers?

Think it should be fine, there is enough fusion around to keep it safe.

I am very careful with my iPhone 6+ like when I sit down I make sure its not in _ position in my front pocket, instead its in | position along my leg so it has no chance of bending.

If i am on a desk, I usually just put it on silent and put it on desk. Other times I put it in another pocket if available.

As for drops, I have only dropped it on carpet so far, and in my car floor (carpet as well) and no issues.

----------

here are some pics of the clear on an gold 6 plus.

Thanks for sharing, I have the exact same case and phone. So far so good.

----------

I would like to note that the Ringke Fusion (as for the name) is a fusion between rubber and plastic.

The back is made of clear plastic, sides are hard rubber. if you knock on the two surfaces with your nail you will notice difference in sound and also feel the difference between the "bumper" and the back.

newtothis1

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2014
ok so i keep going back and forth on cases, seem you all really like your fusion, its cheap in price, so im thinking ill just get this case and see if its right for me. my only concern is whether it can handle to drop, i guess ill find out if and when that happens.

one last question about the fusion, does it have space for a zagg glass screen protector?

didiee

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Neighborhood
ok so i keep going back and forth on cases, seem you all really like your fusion, its cheap in price, so im thinking ill just get this case and see if its right for me. my only concern is whether it can handle to drop, i guess ill find out if and when that happens.

one last question about the fusion, does it have space for a zagg glass screen protector?

It has slipped out from my front pocket a few times. Nothing happened to the phone….

newtothis1

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2014
thanks for the input didiee, glad to hear your phone with the fusion case is doing well after some drops :)

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010

My phone was bumped out of my hand at work and handled the 3-4 foot drop just fine, it SOUNDED bad, put i picked it up, wiped it off and it was fine

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
I'm still using my Ringke case one week on.

Whilst I love the slimness of it, I am finding that the back of the case is very prone to finger print smudges (only visible in certain light). Also, if you're hands are a little clammy (a little sweaty!), it rubber frame tends to get a little slippery!

Still gonna keep on using it though......!

Yes, I HATE that about these glossy rubbery cases. The entire case feels disgusting after about a day of usage. My hands don't even sweat that much. I can only imagine what it must be like for people who do have sweaty hands.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Yes, I HATE that about these glossy rubbery cases. The entire case feels disgusting after about a day of usage. My hands don't even sweat that much. I can only imagine what it must be like for people who do have sweaty hands.

....you know what - I've now switched back to my Apple leather case for this very reason! I found I was constantly having to wipe the back of the Ringke case to get rid of all the smudges - was doing my head in!!:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.