RMBP Ultimate in hand?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by likegadgets, Jun 17, 2012.

1. likegadgets macrumors 6502

RMBP Ultimate (768GB, 16MB, 2.7GHz Quad-core)

Has anyone yet:

1) Received one?
    2) Was able to purchase one in Store?
    3) Has been notified that build to order shipped?

2. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

The 5th avenue apple store hasn't gotten any upgraded systems yet (and they usually get them first) so the guess is likely no

3. bendrumin macrumors 6502

I was able to order mine through the store. Its through the business people so if it arrives in store it will be mine (hopefully faster) if not, ill wait my 3-4 weeks.

4. bigalow macrumors member

I was informed by apple when I called that all 2.7s/16gb ram will be BTO only - at least during the initial rollout. In other words, you will not be able to purchase one in a retail store unless you order it through them then wait for it to ship

5. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

This is indeed the case, despite the 2.7, 16GB, 768GB model is slated to be carried in stores, it will not be available at retail stores for now...

6. varsis macrumors regular

I was told by a third party retailer they would be receiving some Monday. If that is true or not I am unsure but was assured of this.

7. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

Hmm, I'm not sure about all that because the 5th ave apple store has a space set up for the high end one and said they will be getting them in shortly. I've personally seen them have the ultimates of every computer (imac, macbook, etc) very early in-store for purchase.

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Yes to all of the above.
    Upon release I was refreshing my display so the moment Apples online store opened I placed my CTO for a fully maxed out model.

Then a day later the manager of my local Apple Store called & asked if I wanted one. I do so much business there, they are happy to keep me informed. By then my wife decided she wanted one, so I stopped at the store on my way to the office.

Last Friday as promised FedEx delivered my CTO model at 10:05 AM.

9. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

We shall see.

10. luigi.lauro macrumors member

Can you please lookup the SSD model in the system information and see if it's a Toshiba or a Samsung?

It's a SM768E model, or a TS* something?

All 512GB models use Samsung SSD and the wonderful 830 controller, but I ordered a 768GB model, and wouldn't like to find a possibly inferior toshiba controller in it in place of the state-of-the-art samsung 830 controller put in 256/512GB models.

Thank you!

P.s. you can also post your findings here, would be very useful and helpful to all 768GB buyers: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1388421

11. likegadgets thread starter macrumors 6502

So far, Ixodes appears to have the only ones with 768GB I have heard about. My 2 local Apple stores have not received any of those. They did receive some with 500GB and a few with 256GB - but I passed on those.

12. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

I also haven't seen any mention anywhere of a 768 model in hand. Except for ixodes, of course.

I ordered my 768gb model 30 seconds after the apple store online came back up and have been looking for any news on it ever since.

13. MercilessGunner, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

MercilessGunner macrumors newbie

I ordered a fully upgraded rMBP a couple of hours after the apple store came back online and it has a 3 - 5 week wait before it will be shipped out. The website states it will be delivered between Jul 9 - Jul 20.

This includes:

• 2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
    • 16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
    • 768GB Flash Storage

14. gusnyc macrumors 6502

Not only one, but two!

Ixodes, you seem to have the only 768 Gb RMBP in the world! I don't want to be cynical but your story is a little hard to believe.

15. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

It's not a big deal, at least to me since I always order fully loaded configurations of every Mac laptop I buy. It's a necessity for me, that way I can use it for some of my work if I choose to do so. If the work I do wasn't so demanding, I'd be able to order standard configurations.

Also if you've seen my other posts about this model, you know I'm not very impressed and have a few philosophical issues with it. So it's not as though I'm bragging about it.

In fact I'm away on business at the moment & purposely brought my 13" 2011 MBA. The MBP_R is sitting at home, carefully repackaged in its box. I've got a friend that is buying it from me upon my return.

----------

I'm guessing there's other fully loaded models like mine out there.

In fact I know of two, my close friends have received just a day apart from mine. One in New York, and one in Chicago. But neither of these guys are as geeky as I am.

They're smarter, since neither buys Macs at the rate I do :eek:

16. rellimie macrumors member

I ordered mine the next day and I have a July 3-10 deliver time.

17. shareef777 macrumors 68000

shareef777

I ordered immediately after the store went online as well and also have an arrival date of July 10 to the 23rd. I went thru the purchase process the next day when they showed 2-3 (vs my 3-5), but figured I'll just wait and hope that there's some common sense at Apple and orders are fulfilled sequentially.

18. gusnyc macrumors 6502

I am not impressed that you ordered the full configuration, I ordered it also, in the first 15 minutes that the online store opened, and the delivery changed to 3-5 weeks when configured with the 768 GB SSD.

What is hard to believe to me is that you got two MBP with that configuration. The stores don't carry BTO models, by the way. Of course now you are "selling it" so the is no way to confirm that you have them with a picture.

Sincerely, I don't think you are being honest about it.

19. Qusus macrumors member

Yeah what the eff? I also tried to order as soon as the online store went up and maxing out the config changed the delivery date till early July or something... I'm skeptical someone has a fully specced model RIGHT now.

Take a screenshot of your "About This Mac" and prove us wrong.

20. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I don't give a flip what anyone thinks.

They can't read anyway.

I did _NOT_ say I bought two identical configurations.

Here's the link that spells out what I have as simply as possible.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=15070616&postcount=22

21. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

Some of the apple stores DO carry upgraded configurations which may seem BTO on first glance.

22. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I too tried to buy one right after the presentation.... When I upped the hard drive to 768 the delivery time jumped to like mid-july so I just decided to stick with the 512. everything else is maxed out.

23. zerotiu macrumors regular

it is simple..just hold cmd-shift-4 or 3 :D, what's hard about it.

24. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Whats the deal with BTO anyway? Do stock macs get upgraded to specification when you order or are they built like that?

25. gusnyc macrumors 6502

I called every store in Manhattan. All of them said that they didn't have it, and they won't be stocking the "ultimate configuration" at the store. Build-to-order only, available online.