Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
They look like phones for kids, fugly. They want adults to go "PRO" $$
Those are the colors for the non-pro phones. You’ll still get dour boring dark grays for you pro image. Some of would be interested in both a pro phone and some color as we are not afraid to be a little different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
You know, those cables look strangely similar to the ones that come with the current iMac....
What if the iPhone 15 (non-Pro) bezels were like the iMac bezels in color?

I do miss having the white bezel option, though I understand it doesn’t create a seamless face for the phone When the screen is off.

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
iPhone 15C? That first mockup reminds me a lot of the 5C, maybe a little less saturated colors.

1692769436402.png

mectojic

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I truly do not understand why the more expensive models get less colors.
It’s something that has existed since Jobs and the iPod era.
If you wanted the one with the most storage, that would be the iPod classic, and that came in… stainless steel.
Or nothing.
There was even one year (2006) where the 2GB Nano came in Silver only (makes sense), the 4 GB came with the entire selection (makes sense), and the 8GB came in… black. And later red. Two colors only.
Just strange.
If your favorite color was blue and you wanted the most storage, you were out of luck.
That was debuted with the 1999 iMacs:
Base model: blueberry
Mid-tier: blueberry, lime, strawberry, tangerine, grape
Top-tier: graphite

Funnily enough, the graphite top-tier model was a huge seller. I suppose being the only neutral tone at the time, people were willing to pay the premium just for the colour.

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I'm a fan of the colors. The iPod Touch was my first introduction to Apple devices, and I loved the colors those came in.

Probably not upgrading to the 15, or the 16, maybe the 17. I would ideally up(down?)grade to a mini, but those won't be around anymore. I'm staying out of the "pro" line next time unless Apple finally decides to give us colors.

Pinkyyy 💜🍎

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2023
Egypt
I truly do not understand why the more expensive models get less colors.
It’s something that has existed since Jobs and the iPod era.
If you wanted the one with the most storage, that would be the iPod classic, and that came in… stainless steel.
Or nothing.
There was even one year (2006) where the 2GB Nano came in Silver only (makes sense), the 4 GB came with the entire selection (makes sense), and the 8GB came in… black. And later red. Two colors only.
Just strange.
If your favorite color was blue and you wanted the most storage, you were out of luck.
Yeah, I also don’t really like the limited color options on the pro models. It’s like Apple thinks pro users don’t care so much about colors, which is obviously not true.
And right now, the MacBook Pro line comes only in Silver and Space Gray while the MacBook Air line gets the fancy colors such as Starlight and Midnight. Like why do pro users get only two shades of gray ? I really don’t understand the way Apple thinks of it to be honest..

Apple really needs to offer more color options for the Pro line (in all of their products, not only the iPhone). Though I have to admit, I honestly really liked the Deep Purple color on the iPhone 14 Pros last year. Looks very snazzy to me, especially since I absolutely love those dark & dull shades of a color. Midnight would also be really cool on the MacBook Pro line in my opinion.
Hopefully the 15 Pro line comes in more fun color options.

Pinkyyy 💜🍎

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2023
Egypt
Its pretty common here to see naked iPhones. I would love to go this route but not with my clumsiness...
Same. I have a case, screen protector and a protector for the camera lens, because accidents and dropping happen quite often, so I would never really risk it with a completely naked iPhone 😅
I recently happened to drop my iPhone on its back and noticed a scratch on the camera lens protector.. yeah, I’m very thankful it was not the actual lens haha.

LacrosseChic

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2022
Same. I have a case, screen protector and a protector for the camera lens, because accidents and dropping happen quite often, so I would never really risk it with a completely naked iPhone 😅
I recently happened to drop my iPhone on its back and noticed a scratch on the camera lens protector.. yeah, I’m very thankful it was not the actual lens haha.
I had to have an express replacement in may because my phone fell 3 flights of stairs....even with a screen protector and case it was shattered. I would rather not have to go through that again even though it went mostly smooth. It's just generally a hassle

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
Its striking how many times Apple has sold the same phone year after year.
Which goes to show how mature the smartphone sector is when there's hardly any mindblowing innovation anymore but rather each year results in incremental upgrades. It's also telling that the most exciting feature of the new iPhone's are the new colors. This has been going on for several years now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.