Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
Re: Webcore now part of OS X

Originally posted by Albertii
Does this mean we can remove the webcore out of the OmniBrowser without leaving it defective , if we install Safari v80 1st .

No omniweb isn't coded to use webcore in the system folder. It won't do anything

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
Safari 80 prevented my Safari for booting up.

A nice backup copy of v76 (also a member of the forbidden fruit of Safari beta builds) saved my buttocks.

But, thankfully, all I needed to do was replace the v80 version of Safari with the v76 one in the Applications folder [where I keep the program] and it worked fine. Framework update didnt seem to have any effect on my functioning. But, then again, my first build of Safari v80 didnt work, so the framework may not have been updated at all! :rolleyes:

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
As of now Funmac.com and thelittleappfactory are developing an application to fix broken systems. should be out very soon........

celaurie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2003
Scotland, UK.
From MacFixIt.com for those who have experienced problems with v.80...

(And please no more whining about who should and who shouldn't!)

Uninstall process

The following process should work for reverting to Safari v74 if you installed the unauthorized v80 release:

* Login as the root user

* Trash Safari and the WebKit.framework (use the Find function to locate it)

* Copy the Foundation.framework (again, use the Find function) from another Mac.

* Re-apply the Mac OS X 10.2.6 combo update.

* Reboot, reset your preferences and reinstall Safari 74.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.