Safe to buy 6s or are defects still likely?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by viperGTS, Oct 19, 2015.

1. viperGTS, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015

viperGTS macrumors 65816

Basically the title. I don't want to go through the exchange lottery. After getting a defective 6s+, I returned it and set my eyes on the 6s instead, but I'm worried I'll have to shuffle through screens with dead pixels or terrible tint imbalances. Do you think Apple has worked out the kinks?

If you've recently purchased an iPhone (within the past week or so), how is it? Is it flawless?

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Just purchase and see what you get return if you don't like it. Tech will always have problems from time to time.

3. viperGTS thread starter macrumors 65816

I've gone through the exchange game with 4 devices already. I just want to know if it's safe to buy one now.

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Ouch! Bad luck or OCD?

5. viperGTS thread starter macrumors 65816

Do you consider dead pixels OCD? Or the pinch and uneven tint on the 6s+ display? Or cameras with dark spots?

If something bothers me, I have every right to return the phone. I expect perfection from a company that tries to sell its products as such.

6. Sanlitun macrumors 6502

Sanlitun

Im still waiting to get a 6S Plus. When the store demos are not showing defects in the displays then I suppose it will be time.

7. viperGTS thread starter macrumors 65816

I think I might stop by an Apple Store this weekend and check out the 6s's, look for any defects.

8. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Well since MacRumors represents a small community and wouldn't provide a very valid sample size to determine if the current iPhones are vaulty then I recommend just keep exchanging.

PS - it was an honest question

9. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I've heard 6S have issues as well, such as dark spot on top corner, even worst is the uneven tints.

10. viperGTS thread starter macrumors 65816

Still??

11. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Anybody have any pics to back any of this up, or just hearsay or someone else their problem?
    My iPhone arrived just fine, so there's a positive review: no regrets buying the 6s+

12. viperGTS thread starter macrumors 65816

Do you have the pinch effect at the bottom left of your display?

13. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

What is this?

14. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Why do you expect things to change?

15. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

16. cababah macrumors 68000

All of the 6S+ that I've seen in the wild have had horrible yellow tinted screens and that well-documented "pressure point" blemish on the lower left.

I love the performance advantage they have but I'm keeping my slower 6+ since it has a much better display. Maybe things will improve in a month or two.

17. vlinkz macrumors regular

I bought the 6S+ over a week ago and they have still yet to send it. I imagine they are still making them in China. If there's anything wrong, I'll just send it back for another.

18. TheMacApple macrumors regular

Ive got the plus... 3 guys I work with are on multiple 6s exchanges...I think one guy said 5 right now

19. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Really ? How should we know ? Human beings are building the darn thing

20. Newtons Apple, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015

Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You should wait at least a year to make sure all is good.

21. MrWazanskii macrumors newbie

I got the 6s plus and I'm very satisfied with it. However lately, the taptic engine has started making A LOT of noise if I hold it completely vertical. I will probably visit the store I bought it in and try to exchange it.

22. Dented macrumors 6502a

That doesn't work, I bought the iPhone 5 near the end of its life (July 2013) and still took back three or four phones over dead pixels. After a year (after the guarantee ran out) I discovered that the front facing mic on that "good" one had failed and had to replace that myself. The kinks often don't get worked out at all until the next model..

23. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I had my 6s Plus replaced due to the headphone port being too loose. Both my original and my replacement have that faint pressure point at the bottom left. Since every unit from the multiple shops I've visited has it, I'm not really bothered. I've learnt to ignore it. I think it's a bit fainter on my new unit, anyway.

Also, my new one has the TSMC chip. Might be my imagination, but I swear I'm getting significantly better battery life already.

So, I'm happy. No phone will ever be perfect. I'm having a great time with it. :D

24. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I'm with you. My screen is pretty darn good. Some very barely noticeable, even if you are looking for it, shadowing at the very top.

I'm really happy with mine - decent screen color evenness even though a tad on the cool side.

The working phone itself, is a dream. 100% better than my 6 Plus.

25. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Sorry it was a joke. The OP needs to buy it now as not much will change. My 6S+ has worked without flaw.

This is really ridiculous as Apple is still selling current stock and any defects are not going to be pulled out and corrected by Apple.