Same Pre Order disaster this year??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Renho, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Renho, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015

Renho macrumors 6502a

Renho

How is everybody pre ordering this year? I have learned my lesson about doing it through the carriers since I pre ordered mine last year 9 minutes before 12:01am and I still got mine 10 days after launch. Will only Pre order with Apple from now on.

2. Cryates macrumors 65816

What's another thread?

I'll be going through Apple, for the first time.

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

4. Renho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Renho

A tip, only do it through the Apple App, the web page is going to have many problems. just keep hitting refresh on the app till you see that little blue button say continue...I am going to have my ipad and iPhone both in the app and see whatever one works first....lol..

5. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

Where is the refresh button on the app?

6. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

That's my question as well. I've never seen an option to refresh the app. Please clarify.

7. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I will be going through AT&T for the very first time because I want the 2 year contract with subsidized pricing. If that means I might miss the launch day window, so be it. I will really miss the option to order through Apple :(

8. Juansito macrumors regular

Juansito

Going through ATT cause i cant add a line on Apple.com

9. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

There isn't one. Just keep closing and opening. That's what I did last year.

10. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I never saw this "refresh" button on the app
    Not sure what you mean by "closing and opening". Do you mean keep logging on and off repeatedly?

11. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Well, the Apple Watch pre order was a disaster for me.
    Something happened today when I tried a did run in the AT&T app. It froze during log in on both of my devices. Hope this wasn't an omen :0

12. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

No, I mean close the app and reopen it. Double click home button. Swipe up on Store app to close it. Open store app. Rinse and repeat.

13. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Okay

14. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

The Apple Watch disaster had me sell my iPhone and pick up an Android. I was so pissed after waking up at 3am and not getting it on launch and then when I did get it, DOA! I'm just coming back to iPhone now because in the end no matter what Google does to Android it will not have the premium clean feel that iPhone has. Hoping this 6s launch is not a repeat of the watch.

15. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Ok. That's not 'refreshing' the app. It's force closing the app and re-launching it. If you had said that, everyone would understand. Thanks again for the clarification.

16. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

Be careful gang.. Though ATT has "given in" to the demands of the public to keep 2yr Contract + Subsidized pricing - after telling us it was dead July 30.. They're not giving up tonight without a fight. You WILL LOSE your per line $15 or $25 discount when choosing 2yr. So your per line cost will go back up to $40/line. A lot of people don't seem to know that. So it'll be "about" as expensive as NEXT now. Not quite though.

17. invisibleshoes macrumors regular

18. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I know how you feel. I was pissed, too, for a while but I got over it and was happy to get my watch even though I was online at 3 am (couldn't get into the store till 3:06) and ended up in the second delivery window (next after the launch day delivery).

This time, unfortunately, I'll have to pre order through AT&T for the first time. I'm thinking it probably won't be any worse than my Apple Watch pre order experience. In any case I've decided to adopt the following philosophy, in regards to the pre order at 3 am:
    "Expect nothing and appreciate everything" ;)

19. ectospheno macrumors member

All the other carriers have working web pages so obviously T-Mobile can't...

20. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Honestly how inefficient is calling on the phone to preorder.

21. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

Have you thought about ordering through Apple and getting the AT&T NEXT plan? I decided to do that rather than deal with the AT&T website, which looks like a$$ and people have reported complaints with orders not getting completed.

22. doct0rxi macrumors newbie

23. dammerl macrumors regular

dammerl

When you do this you have to start over from page one in the Store app.

I just noticed that you can export a link from the Store app, with the blue arrow symbol, just beneath the price:

IMG_0034-crop-2.png

Export the link to any text app, e.g. Notes, and you’ll get something like this:

IMG_0035-crop.png

Now quit the Store app with a swipe-up and tap the link in the note. It will re-open the Store app and take you directly to the configuration page with the previously set configuration restored (except Apple Care, in case you had selected it).

I didn’t test it under “live” conditions though.

24. doct0rxi macrumors newbie

The next question is how are we pre ordering from Apple, their website or iPhone App or iPad Store App

25. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

Wow, that's a phenomenal idea. Tried it on the 6 page and it worked flawlessly, so therefore it should work under "live" conditions. Thanks for that tip!