Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
Just the opposite for those of us who were on AT&T site as it went live ~7 minutes before schedule,allowing thousands of us order early and receive the phone as planned.
Yes but not all got theirs on opening day with ATT app. I remember 2 people who got on ATT app 2 minutes before still not getting theirs on opening day. The only people who "all" got theirs opening day were:
1) AppStore App
2) Within first hour of site coming up
3) And Verizon Business app subscribers

There were many ATT that got and others who didn't - even though the ATT app was actually faster than the AppStore app in the first 20 min last year. ATT app took my order at 11:57 PDT. Got it on opening day.

Couple other things for ATT people to remember: no 2yr contract renewal through AppleApp or websites - though you can renew or switch to NEXT thru AppStore app or website.

Good luck!

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
How is everybody pre ordering this year? I have learned my lesson about doing it through the carriers since I pre ordered mine last year 9 minutes before 12:01am and I still got mine 10 days after launch. Will only Pre order with Apple from now on.
Dude who did you pre-order through? I pre-ordered through AT&T last year on Sunday and managed to get it on launch day.

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
Dude who did you pre-order through? I pre-ordered through AT&T last ok Sunday and managed to get it on launch day.
You were lucky! And probably bought a 16GB non-gold. The 64 Gold and Grays were the ones that ended up being late. I know people who preordered 16 space gray iPh6 on MONDAY from ATT and still got on opening day.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
You were lucky! And probably bought a 16GB non-gold. The 64 Gold and Grays were the ones that ended up being late. I know people who preordered 16 space gray iPh6 on MONDAY from ATT and still got on opening day.

I got the 64gb space gray......I bet Rose Gold is a hit this year. I am going for the color that nobody wants. Gold. i use a case so who gives a **** what color it is

serialtoon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
1 of 8 bits
Well, looks like Apple.com is completley down now. Not just the store.
z1W5CrA.png

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Hey for those of you having to refresh your computer screen...look on the bright side....you won't be on hold on the telephone for endless amounts of time at 3 am with T-Mobile, but I will be!

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Just the opposite for those of us who were on AT&T site as it went live ~7 minutes before schedule,allowing thousands of us order early and receive the phone as planned.
No, a lot of us who got in early saw our orders get botched and become among the LAST of the preorders to be fulfilled. One poor woman waited close to a month and she preordered before the official preorder time.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Well if you're planning on getting Space grey 64gb you will have a harder time getting it on launch day. That's why no more space grey for me. Silver here I come!!
image.jpg
image.jpg

wksj

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2015
I pre-ordered from TELUS (Canada) last year and got my 6 on launch day.
But it took me like 2 hours to complete the order because their website crashed and they took too long to fix it.

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
The people with comments about "why didn't they have enough servers ..", their frontpage Access Denied error has nothing to do with the stream of users connecting.

karmatourer

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
In my house
No, a lot of us who got in early saw our orders get botched and become among the LAST of the preorders to be fulfilled. One poor woman waited close to a month and she preordered before the official preorder time.
Yes, a lot of us got in early AND GOT our phones as expected. Sorry for your luck. I heard of some botched orders also.

Reactions: 5105973

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
The people with comments about "why didn't they have enough servers ..", their frontpage Access Denied error has nothing to do with the stream of users connecting.

Ya we know that dude.. They take it down for maintenance every year for the onslot..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.