Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

samsung_logo-150x50.jpg
Samsung is further stepping up its legal actions against Apple's latest iPhone in a new series of legal filings on Monday.

The Wall Street Journal reports that Samsung has filed for preliminary injunctions in both the Tokyo District Court and in the New South Wales Registry, Australia to halt sales of the Phone 4S in those countries.
"We are now counter-attacking Apple again," said James Chung, a spokesman at Samsung Electronics.
Samsung has already filed similar requests in France and Italy late last week. The action could also threaten sales of the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 in Japan.

The legal battle is ranging all over the world. However, the WSJ notes that last week Samsung had lost a request for ban of Apple products in the Netherlands. Meanwhile, Apple has successfully won an injunction preventing the sale of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia. Apple has also seen some preliminary success against Samsung in the U.S. for the ongoing legal dispute.

Article Link: Samsung Also Seeking to Ban iPhone 4S Sales in Japan and Australia

Tadros

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2007
New Jersey
I don't understand

What is this about exactly? What technology is being infringed upon? What part of the devices were created by Samsung and not credited as such?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I'm pretty sure the only place Samsung would have any luck getting an injunction for the iPhone 4S is in South Korea, and I don't think it's even sold there.

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
Legal aspects aside, the Japanese love Apple products. The judge probably uses an iPhone...

Isn't samsung Korean? Or did I miss something...

I think that Apple is gaining some serious precedent, especially when a judge holds up the iPad and the galaxy tab, and Samsung officials can't tell the judge which is which from 10' away.

That being said I still love my Samsung Home Theater setup:cool:

oiuh151

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Gatteau said:
too late.

everybody already has one.

Errr, no. Not in Europe, we don't yet.

Where exactly are Japan and Australia in Europe?

teepzo

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2011
It infringes upon rounded corners and black bezels. Apple has a patent on that.

Your sig says it all and while you attempt to show that you are just against big boys playing rough games, your history of posts shows otherwise.

Stop pretending, just admit it. You dont like Apple period. Then at least we could accept your comments as an honest opinion.

Last edited:

Gatteau

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2009
Italy
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Where exactly are Japan and Australia in Europe?

Did you read the article?

igorleandro

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2008
Despite some die hard "anti-Apple" people that no matter what happens in court will say that nobody copied anything (usually Android lovers by the way), I think this whole movement by Samsung is one of the worst public relations they could have done.

I for one always looked at their products and brand with a good eye, now, I just avoid their products basically because I completely dislike the way they have been handling this.

Juan007

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Good luck with that, Samsung. I fell over laughing reading this article, no doubt a bunch of Japanese judges will be doing the same shortly.

Apple innovates, Samsung copies, that's the truth. Nobody knows this better than the Japanese. Samsung has been reverse engineering Sony designs for years and using it as free R&D.

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
Your sig says it all and while you attempt to show that you are just against big boys playing rough games, your history of posts shows otherwise.

Stop pretending, just admit it. You dont like Apple period. Then at least we could accept your comments as an honest opinion.

I'm sorry that I read between the lines when apple or any other company feeds me information about their own product.

adder7712

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2009
Canada

Critisicing Apple=/= hating on Apple.

lilpete

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2011
Australia

At least it's only new south wales... :D

BlueParadox

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Talk about burning bridges!!!!

Once Apple moves all production away from Samsung (and it's only a question of 'when' not 'if'), I think Apple will want nothing more to do with the Samsung - at least for a long, long time.

Several of Samsung's devices look so much like original Apple products, even Samsung's lawyers can't tell the difference! I Love this!! (in an emphatic head-shaking way). If Samsung had a legitimate case then I'd say: go for it. You're fully entitled, and tut tut to Apple.

But this maneouvring by Samsung is just plain dumb. Many people see Apple as 'slick' and 'cool', that for Samsung to be seen antagonising Apple will result in a lot of negativity for Samsung.

Samsung - admit you were wrong, go and hang your head in the corner, and design something original. And stop attempting to steal media hype for gadgets away from Apple, as you recently did in Sydney - with $2 Galaxy S's. :eek:

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
Once Apple moves all production away from Samsung (and it's only a question of 'when' not 'if'), I think Apple will want nothing more to do with the Samsung - at least for a long, long time.

Several of Samsung's devices look so much like original Apple products, even Samsung's lawyers can't tell the difference! I Love this!! (in an emphatic head-shaking way). If Samsung had a legitimate case then I'd say: go for it. You're fully entitled, and tut tut to Apple.

But this maneouvring by Samsung is just plain dumb. Many people see Apple as 'slick' and 'cool', that for Samsung to be seen antagonising Apple will result in a lot of negativity for Samsung.

Samsung - admit you were wrong, go and hang your head in the corner, and design something original. And stop attempting to steal media hype for gadgets away from Apple, as you recently did in Sydney - with $2 Galaxy S's. :eek:

Apple's lawyers shrunk down the size of the Samsungs to match the physical dimensions of the Apple's. They presented this in court too.

Apple does not deserve a free pass.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.