Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applemaniac7

Suspended
Mar 2, 2018
So Cal.
The default email app for iPhone 4s is superior to email app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 especially since it takes forever to simply move or delete multiple emails using Samsung and is nearly instantaneous using iPhone 4s. The only feature of the mail that keeps me from discarding Samsung is the ability to sort emails alphabetically by sender or subject.
Wow, both devices absolutely ancient.. lol, the fact that they are both still operating at all speaks volumes...

OlliFlamme

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
Sweden
Nearly a minute to open wallet? There's something else wrong with your iPhone. No matter how bad that CPU is throttled, thats way too long. Less than 3 seconds on iPhone 5s on iOS 11 and even an iPhone 4s doesn't nearly take as long (on iOS 9).

I'd suggest you connect your iPhone 6 to iTunes and restore iOS.

Nobody needs to replace a fully working iPhone 6 really. Battery replacement is cheap.
I’d suggest to just check the time against a watch. We’re so damn used to fast tech, that 5 or even 10 seconds would seem like one minute...
[doublepost=1527190821][/doublepost]
Your post is full of rambling, off topic stuff. I'm not sure what your point is, it just sounds like either my post or this commercial upset you. o_O
It’s called figurative speach. But off course, if one cannot understand the coherence with the topic, it is off topic BS.

I will help:

A cheaper brand compares its new product to an older product of a more expensive brand. Without elaborating about it’s own product, only the (assumed) flaws of the older product of the competitor is in focus.

Now think car brands and cars. I guess you can walk without my hand now?
Me, upset? Nah, I can’t be upset for either, sorry. That would be an insult :D
[doublepost=1527191772][/doublepost]
It's certainly interesting how much overzealous commentary there is in threads like this from some of those who dislike Apple in one fashion or another.
Don’t be hard on him, he’s only 14, or got stuck in that mental age...

Last edited:
Reactions: MrUNIMOG

racerhomie

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2015
India
I don’t think it’s poor. Right now typing on an iPhone 6 and this sentence doesn’t appear that I already have typed ot in full. My phone is showing no service. Lagging and piss poor. And yes, I had a battery replacement.

Samsung knows. They know iPhone 6 users want to hold on because Apple has been making horrible software, because Siri is crap, because every accessory is overpriced, because there’s buyer’s fatigues with rising iPad and Watch prices. To stay in the ecosytem is costly and Apple relies on broken software and uncertain designs and confusing lineups.

I used to know which phone to buy. The iPhone. Now, I know my 1400€ phone won’t last me more than 3 years until it becomes unusable because Apple will agressively push planned obsolescence on it like it does.

The SAMSUNG ad is fair because it adresses people’s situations, a target customer, not because it doesn’t compare phones that are the same specs.

It tells iPhone 6 users like me : there is a world elsewhere.

And frankly, I’m tired of my phone feigning to not be able to handle software like - FORK IT !! - typing this bloody post on a basic forum interface. This is not normal. It’s not normal that the same basic apps are buggy and slow all because time passes. I did restores and updates. My phone should be working.

This is what Samsung taps into.

Apple makes the experience terrible on purpose on older phones.
[doublepost=1526644407][/doublepost]
As does my 6 with a brand-new battery...
I know 5 folks with the 6 Plus. They don’t have any problems with their phones. You should definitely do a restore on your phone.

Regime2008

Suspended
Oct 3, 2017
Basshead in ATL
I’d suggest to just check the time against a watch. We’re so damn used to fast tech, that 5 or even 10 seconds would seem like one minute...
[doublepost=1527190821][/doublepost]
It’s called figurative speach. But off course, if one cannot understand the coherence with the topic, it is off topic BS.

I will help:

A cheaper brand compares its new product to an older product of a more expensive brand. Without elaborating about it’s own product, only the (assumed) flaws of the older product of the competitor is in focus.

Now think car brands and cars. I guess you can walk without my hand now?
Me, upset? Nah, I can’t be upset for either, sorry. That would be an insult :D
[doublepost=1527191772][/doublepost]
Don’t be hard on him, he’s only 14, or got stuck in that mental age...
No offense but you obviously don't understand the point of this ad, hence my original comment to you. And to be quite Frank, it seems you still lack the ability to understand it, even now after it has been explicitly stated, multiple times, by multiple people. I just don't understand why so many people are upset about the truth.

OlliFlamme

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
Sweden
No offense but you obviously don't understand the point of this ad, hence my original comment to you. And to be quite Frank, it seems you still lack the ability to understand it, even now after it has been explicitly stated, multiple times, by multiple people. I just don't understand why so many people are upset about the truth.
The point of this add is pure speculation. The other peoples point of view is just an opinion, as is mine.
I get the whole idea of enticing slow adopters to swap to another brand for an assumed lack of longevity of their costly phone that is like 3 to 4 years old.
I get the idea of reaching out to a frustrated niche part of Apple iphone users.
I don’t get the tactic of generalising a non general behaviour of a product, and riding on the back of it.
Samsung for years has been imitating, not inovating, and this whole attitude is tangible in this add.

After I watch this add, I have no idea about the product, i have no idea of its functions, I have no idea how long it would last. I don’t see how an old phone of them assumably behaves in the worst case.

All I see is a brand that is having an arrogant approach and is having a new product that it is aiming at inviting people to swap brand.

Now, could I have written this with more patience? I sincerely wonder who is obnoxious.

We’re ralking about opinions and a certain mindset.
If you like the add, sure that is cool. Being more critical is perhaps a disadvantage, but I will not stop being it.
[doublepost=1527231729][/doublepost]
Mine is pretty fast..
:D

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
The point of this add is pure speculation. The other peoples point of view is just an opinion, as is mine.
I get the whole idea of enticing slow adopters to swap to another brand for an assumed lack of longevity of their costly phone that is like 3 to 4 years old.
I get the idea of reaching out to a frustrated niche part of Apple iphone users.
I don’t get the tactic of generalising a non general behaviour of a product, and riding on the back of it.
Samsung for years has been imitating, not inovating, and this whole attitude is tangible in this add.

After I watch this add, I have no idea about the product, i have no idea of its functions, I have no idea how long it would last. I don’t see how an old phone of them assumably behaves in the worst case.

All I see is a brand that is having an arrogant approach and is having a new product that it is aiming at inviting people to swap brand.

Now, could I have written this with more patience? I sincerely wonder who is obnoxious.

We’re ralking about opinions and a certain mindset.
If you like the add, sure that is cool. Being more critical is perhaps a disadvantage, but I will not stop being it.
[doublepost=1527231729][/doublepost]
:D

The fact that you think Samsung is "imitating" instead of "innovating" is laughable coming from an Apple user. First of all, Samsung was making smartphones long before Apple ever produced one... so out of the gate you are factually wrong. Second, other than some visual similarity early in the iPhone's life (subject of the silly lawsuit for copying curved corners), Samsung has been leading on innovative features that Apple generally follows much later. Other than one feature, the X was a "catch-up" device in most ways. And did you really just refer to someone other than Apple as being "arrogant"?

zarmanto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2014
Around the corner from the 7/11
Then what would you call the Mac vs. PC ads?
Truthfully? I would call it different -- but the same.

First, the similarities: Samsung is presently taking the role of the "underdog" just as Apple did in their ads -- and rightly so, in both cases. Windows to this day still claims the lion's share of the PC market, while Apple claims the lion's share of the mobile market... at least, in terms of profits, and in terms of online activities, if not in terms of sales.

And the differences would be a reference to my own previous post in this thread, wherein I commented that Samsung is presently "competing with the best." Need I say more? ;)

I joke... somewhat... but it's the truth. The bulk of the criticisms of Macs as compared to Windows PCs generally have almost always fallen into the "But Macs just aren't as common!" variety, whereas the bulk of the criticisms of iOS as compared to Android (which includes Samsung's offerings) generally fall into the "But Apple exerts too much control over their ecosystem!" variety. Both of those lines of criticism generally imply that Apple has the edge in terms of quality. They're not always the cheapest, and they're not always first to market... but they are the best. And their competitors know it.

OlliFlamme

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
Sweden
The fact that you think Samsung is "imitating" instead of "innovating" is laughable coming from an Apple user. First of all, Samsung was making smartphones long before Apple ever produced one... so out of the gate you are factually wrong. Second, other than some visual similarity early in the iPhone's life (subject of the silly lawsuit for copying curved corners), Samsung has been leading on innovative features that Apple generally follows much later. Other than one feature, the X was a "catch-up" device in most ways. And did you really just refer to someone other than Apple as being "arrogant"?
Half a billion to pay to Apple, after retrial. Nuff said on the topic, dude. When you step on a toe, why complain about the arrogance of the other.
Could you get that processed as a ‘please walk away, your insulting my intelligence’
[doublepost=1527416293][/doublepost]
Truthfully? I would call it different -- but the same.

First, the similarities: Samsung is presently taking the role of the "underdog" just as Apple did in their ads -- and rightly so, in both cases. Windows to this day still claims the lion's share of the PC market, while Apple claims the lion's share of the mobile market... at least, in terms of profits, and in terms of online activities, if not in terms of sales.

And the differences would be a reference to my own previous post in this thread, wherein I commented that Samsung is presently "competing with the best." Need I say more? ;)

I joke... somewhat... but it's the truth. The bulk of the criticisms of Macs as compared to Windows PCs generally have almost always fallen into the "But Macs just aren't as common!" variety, whereas the bulk of the criticisms of iOS as compared to Android (which includes Samsung's offerings) generally fall into the "But Apple exerts too much control over their ecosystem!" variety. Both of those lines of criticism generally imply that Apple has the edge in terms of quality. They're not always the cheapest, and they're not always first to market... but they are the best. And their competitors know it.
I agree, it’s a similar gameplay, but the Samsung execution is not only having a dumbass allure, it focuses on bashing Apple. Apple instead bashed an ecosystem, a mindset, with no pun at a specific competitor. The execution was done more playfully and more thoughtfully, reflecting a real world mental process within the market.

The flipside is however, that the very people that swapped from PC to Mac in the past years, will have to agree that there is an abundance of irritation coming with that choice, since Apple’s OS’s have become so complex with an overdose of consequential underdevelopment in certain fields of the user experience and reliability of its functions. That is a matter which Mister Cook is dealing with in a fashion that is unfortunately not popular with us, users.

To really bash on Apple, you need to be better on both hardware and software level, and however understandable the intention of Samsungs add my be, they are unable to proclaim to be better on the total product experience. It is a laughable attempt that is so idiotic that actually one should not discuss to much, as it is an obvious sign of an idiotic PR management strategy.

Apple may be best, as we are believed to say without any critical approach, being called fanboys, but gosh... there are plenty of things to be irritated about.
They are the best, but far from perfect, but that expression is hard to swallow for the let’s call them the Anti Apple folks or the Samsung fanboys.
[doublepost=1527416660][/doublepost]The title says:

Samsung Compares Galaxy S9 to Very Slow iPhone 6 in Frivolous Ad
9DC0457C-4CF1-476E-B855-E79297DFCCB3.jpeg

It has no value indeed.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.