Samsung Galaxy S II Here I Come!!! And I don't even like Android!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdlorinser, Oct 4, 2011.

1. jdlorinser macrumors member

This is So disappointing. I'm tired of straining my eyes on the iPhone's tiny screen. I guess i'll be getting the Galaxy S II, and like I said I don't even like Android. :mad::confused:

2. carrako macrumors regular

just wait for the Nexus Prime

3. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat as you. Though I wouldn't say I don't like Android, I prefer iOS (and all the apps I've bought) but at the end of the day the 4S is nothing special.

4. rayyu882 macrumors member

We have all kinds of Android phones at work and non of them are good enough to make me switch...

If you do... best of luck!

5. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I think I'm going Galaxy S II as well, but I like Android now that's I've played around with it.

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I get the 3G and 3GS fellas being stoked, this is a big upgrade to them. Hell IOS 5 is a big upgrade for them, but coming from a 4, I'll sit this one out. Good news is without the redesign my 4 will likely net me more now. :D

7. theperipheral macrumors 6502

i'm in the same boat. i hate the look of the prime. i dont like that weird curved look.

i'm getting the sg2 as soon as i can find one. if i like it, i'll keep it until the real upgrade comes...if i dont, i'll return it and keep the 4 until apple grows a freaking brain.

i hope they lose tons of stock points over this nonsense.

8. PhoneI macrumors 65816

see you when you switch back. The iPhone 4 screen is a lot better than they S2 screen. Switching for the screen makes no sense.

9. biffarino macrumors member

10. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Well if you're gonna jump ship, don't go to android. Go to Windows Phone Mango. I've used both and I can say with certainty after iOS you'll be much happier with Mango than you will with Android.

11. Robby S macrumors member

Talk about spitting out you dummy. If you are straining your eyes on an iPhone, you will be straining on a GSII as well. Either that or you are just being way too melodramatic.

Seriously? Getting something you do not like just because the outside of the greatest iPhone yet has not changed from it's predecessor? Ridiculous.

12. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

It's just a phone, the iPhone 4S has some nice upgrades, 64 GB and 8MP camera and A5 processor

Yes, not as much innovation but still, it has some nice upgrades

13. D4F Guest

D4F

Clearly you never used GSII... Oh well.. Nothing unusual on macrumors.

14. Polekat macrumors regular

Polekat

What is the trial time at AT&T? I can't seem to find it. I had a 3GS that broke a few months back. Been hobbling through with a 4 1/2 yr old BB Pearl :( and was thinking I'd snag the Galaxy S II and give it a whirl for the next two weeks. If I don't like, then 4S here I come on the 14th.

15. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Opposite really. I'm a 3g user...if I wanted a 4, I would've got it. I don't want a 4 with a nicer camera. I'm not a gamer, so "7x faster graphics" or whatever doesn't really mean jack to me either.

16. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

30 days.

17. naths macrumors 6502

The 4S is now on a par with the SGS2,except the SGS2 is due for a major upgrade very very soon,quad-core,edge to edge 4.65 screen etc etc,....called the SGS3,and will be put against a phone (4S) that just about as quick as the SGS2,and what with the Nexus Prime??...well 1-0 to Samsung i think....oh Apple you have cocked it right up,your computers are brilliant,your phone is now just a run of the mill(size wise)phone,when the whole world is moving on to bigger screens,you insist on relying on your fanboys.....well...rats from a sinking ship comes to mind.
    I was due to upgrade my companies 43 iPhones in the next month,and theres 43 sales you have just lost,Nexus for me......

18. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Considering how much better the 4S is compared to the 3G, what could you possibly be holding out for?

19. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

That will really show them,, buy a phone you don't even want!

20. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I wasn't gonna doubt there would be some of you guys who didn't feel the 4s(uck) was a deal breaker. I don't game on my phones either, so that part doesn't matter much to me either. But I'm sure the phone will be more responsive. Will be curious to see real world DL speeds. When they use "Theoretical" before they talk about it, it doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

21. Polekat macrumors regular

Polekat

Thanks

22. aztooh macrumors 6502a

I HATE the form factor. Considering its a handheld device, that's a pretty important factor. Just isn't for me. And I prefer a larger screen. Atrix user also, 4s isn't much of an upgrade from that.

Going to see what Samsung/Google announce next Tuesday. If new hardware (Prime, GS3) won't be available for a while yet, I'll use my upgrade on a GS2. Yeah, it's an already 6 month old phone...but Apple just gave us a 16 month old phone. New camera is definitely better than the GS2 I'd bet...but front camera is better, bigger screen, nicer to hold, blazing fast.

I really was hoping for an updated design. Even with keeping the 3.5", a more ergonomic device could've kept me on board.

23. 0x000000 macrumors 6502

I have a 3GS and waited for half a year because I was expecting a redesign. That's just me, but after today, if my phone died, I'd seriously consider an Android phone.

Edit: Though, on second thought, they're all butt ugly.

24. suniil macrumors member

I'm thinking to upgrade to Galaxy Note until Apple release a bigger screen. For apps that are useful, I may keep an iPod Touch.

25. EvilShenaniganZ macrumors 6502

EvilShenaniganZ

Android is not as bad as all you IOS user's think. I don't know what phones you may have tried but Android is not going anywhere. I have not had a single problem with mine. It's ok to try new things...