Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scooz

Suspended
Apr 9, 2012
About the rumored ToF, Samsung usually releases it first and Apple usually gets it right first. But we will see.

There were already Android phones with ToF cams before. It‘s more a question of platform availability and application than of the device feature itself. Android‘s project Tango was not enough as it came without an attractive application. Something Apple might deliver at some point. Google or Samsung might come up with something as well, though.

Reactions: ROGmaster

RickDEGH

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2018
Frankfurt, Deutschland 🇩🇪
I may be in the minority here but the iPhone X and XS Max notches have never bothered me. I actually prefer the larger notch against the top edge over the smaller hole that is not against the edge. I am still on the fence about upgrading to the XI this year if the main feature is just the new camera (it depends a lot on exactly what that 3rd camera can do) but I really don't mind the square camera bump at all. I spend zero time looking at the back of my iPhone and because it is a $1,000+ phone, I always have it in a protective case.
You sum up my own thoughts and feelings

Reactions: DoctorTech

IIGS User

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2019
Looks like a viable iPhone alternative.

Does it come with a reasonable charger?

BarredOwl

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2015
NC
How is a hole punch in the screen more acceptable than the notch? Just because it is smaller? They both invade the screen. Personally, I prefer the notch to the weird hole in the top middle of the screen.

Reactions: ParaShot

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Well, seems you decide of either having a chin and less secure finger print sensor, or a notch and Face ID. I chose the latter.
The chin looks bigger because there are no bezels on the sides, its only marginally bigger than on the iPhone XS. Also all biometrics are for convenience, if you really want security you are using an alphanumeric password. Personally I prefer the more clean look of no notch but both are great phones if you put bias aside.

Reactions: ROGmaster

psingh01

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
Galaxy Note 10 of Many Colours!

I looked then and saw that its case, which had seemed white, was not so, but was woven of all colours, and if it moved they shimmered and changed hue so that the eye was bewildered.

shanson27

macrumors 68020
Nov 27, 2011
And what is doing Apple. they are selling old iPod touches with 10 year old design, iPad with 10 year old design, iMacs with 10 year old designs, iPhones with 10 year old design ! Whats wrong with this company, why this all happens ? :confused:
I don't like android, but Samsung is trying at least something new and fresh, compared to Apple

Reactions: ani4ani and ssl0408

w5jck

Suspended
Nov 9, 2013
Unless you have tiny little elf hands, good luck trying to hold that thing, much less be able to use the tiny stylus.

NetMage

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2007
And what is doing Apple. they are selling old iPod touches with 10 year old design, iPad with 10 year old design, iMacs with 10 year old designs, iPhones with 10 year old design ! Whats wrong with this company, why this all happens ? :confused:
I don't like android, but Samsung is trying at least something new and fresh, compared to Apple
None of that is true.

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
As someone else stated, this design looks bland. No personality. It actually reminds me of the Xperia flagships phones (not the newest ones).

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
A lot of members are commenting on the design, for me personally, I don’t care about the ‘design’, I mean, all smart phones generally look the same as it is. I think the biggest thing the Samsung Note has going for it is the ‘S Pen’, that particular tool is pretty intuitive for what it offers, and a phone of that size, I definitely would want to take a advantage of something like that not just for notetaking, but just for the sake of having the precision and reachability.

But then again, consumers aren’t choosing which features these phones are offering, it comes down to brand loyalty and which platform they prefer [iOS/Android].

Last edited:

TheSapient

macrumors regular
May 26, 2017
Unless you have tiny little elf hands, good luck trying to hold that thing, much less be able to use the tiny stylus.

I've had a few notes in my time, and have average man-hands that are slightly clumsy. I never had trouble using the stylus, and found it to be super useful. I loved just popping it out to jot down a quick note.

Overall, I think this "leaked" design is quite nice.

Reactions: Darth Tulhu

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
Less secure? How many data breaches did you suffer because of the low security of previous fingerprint phones?

None, but why take a step back? This not only is about a retrospective point of view, but also an insurance for the things to come.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.