Auto Sending Messages in CarPlay

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by TheHozOpp1, Nov 7, 2016.

1. TheHozOpp1 macrumors newbie

TheHozOpp1

Hey all,

I couldn't find a dedicated CarPlay section, so I don't know where else to post this.

I have a Pioneer AppRadio 4 (SPH-DA120) on Firmware 1.12 and an iPhone 7 Plus running 10.2 dev beta 1.

My CarPlay is running just fine with the exception of the specific task of Siri sending a message in the messages app on CarPlay. Siri can successfully compose a message to an addressee, but after responding "Yes" to "Shall I send it?" Siri encounters a problem EVERY time she attempts to send the message.

Sending a message can be successfully done purely using Siri on the iPhone when it is NOT connected to CarPlay.

Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

2. chabig macrumors 68040

I have the SPH-DA120 running firmware 1.11 (how did you get 1.12? It looks like 1.11 is still current - http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+4+(SPH-DA120)). I find sending messages difficult as well, and sometimes I have had the same problem as you. Try alternate commands. Instead of answering "yes", say "send it" and see if it works better.

3. TheHozOpp1 thread starter macrumors newbie

TheHozOpp1

My head unit shipped with 1.12... I had 1.11 downloaded and ready on a USB when the head unit was getting installed and I was surprised to see that 1.12 was installed already. I have no idea why Pioneer hasn't posted it on their website, as 1.11 is almost a year old.

As for your suggestion, thank you. I will try it after work today. See if it's any better.

4. chabig macrumors 68040

Thanks for the heads up on 1.12. I am going to ask them about it.