Sense 8 (Orig Netflix Series)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Huntn, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Huntn, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Ambitious series filmed around the world* about a group of people who find themselves mentally linked and able to help one another. Created by the Wachowskis of Matrix fame. When it starts out you may be shocked at how many characters are covered in different locations around the world. The story seems helter skelter jumping from character to character, every couple of minutes, but it's coming together. Three episodes in and starting to cook. Beautifully filmed, rated Adult for language and sexual content. :)

(link)

I'm watching this on Netflix/Apple TV. It may be my imagination, but it seems to be a higher resolution than what I'm used to seeing on Netflix/Roku.

[​IMG]

2. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I saw this, and I'll probably start it in a few days.

3. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

My mom is watching this and said I need to watch it. She is really liking it so far. So, it has been added to my long list of queued items to watch!

5. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

On Episode 6 as we speak and you're right the first 2 episodes are all over the place, but after 3 it all starts coming together.

6. Huntn, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

It was quite cool when the oriental Korean girl, Sun Bak basically jumps into the Kenyan (Van Damme) and kicks some thug buttock!
    :):)

Episode 4- Wow, at least for me it was WOW! :D

7. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

Just watched episode 1 and am quite intrigued...

8. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Filmed on location around the world. Added a blurb to the first post.

9. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Started watching this week. Interesting show. Up to episode 7 so far.

10. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

I'm now up to Episode 4. IMO, it's definitely worth being patient through the first few episodes. As it unfolds, the story gets better as it evolves.

11. oneshotpro Suspended

seems the show was written just to push their LBGT agenda, every second scene is homosexual or trans sex.

12. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Of the 8 or so individuals the show is centered on, one is gay, one is transsexual. This is not the focus of the story, just people part of the story. Keeping in mind this is not PRSI, the only agenda of these groups has been for acceptance as human beings.

13. oneshotpro Suspended

Every scene with them is either sex or lgbt pride and pushing lgbt sex in all their movies/shows as the "norm" is more than trying to be accepted as human beings, it's their sexual perversion agenda...same as pedophiles which now is getting a push to accept them in society because it "wasn't their choice to be attracted to kids"...wrong, they've perverted/had their minds manipulated to the point that lgbt/children is the only thing that gets them off.

14. Huntn, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Obviously you are resistant to their agenda. I'll have to send a heads up to Agenda Committee to put plan B into effect.. ;)

15. Gwendolini macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

Your mind seems quite perverted as well.

Anyway, back to Sense8.

I liked it very much, and I want to see more, but some characters still need more fleshing out and more to do than just one problem.

16. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

I've also heard, NPR review, to just start with the third episode. Seems like the above confirms that, or at least hold opinion till episode three.

17. bandrews macrumors 6502a

Are you worried it might turn you gay if you watch it?

You really are exaggerating on an epic scale.

I think it's awesome and a refreshing change from most generic nonsense that keeps being churned out.

18. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Is the transsexual the one that is in the hospital? I picked up on the fact Mom was calling her Michael, but I didn't get the she used to be a boy. Was there something other than that I missed?

The story is rather trippy to say the least. I am on episode four right now and there are times I am completely lost with what is going on. I am still unsure what is supposed to be bringing them all together. However I am hoping that is brought to light in future episodes.

19. mscriv, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015

mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Yes, Nomi/Michael is the trans character in the story and the role is played by Jamie Clayton who is a trans woman. Questions will be answered as the story progresses regarding how all of them are linked. However, as can be expected, the answers you get just bring deeper questions.

20. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Ahhhh..... Gotcha re: Nomi/Michael. Didn't even pick up on that until mom said the name. Very interesting!

21. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

On episode 8 tonight. It's pretty entertaining and probably the best thing they've done since The Matrix.

My wife and I are enjoying it. Episodes are nice and long so there is a good amount of breathing room for plot and character development.

22. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

It lingered maybe 5-10 minutes on Nomi in a way I don't think moved the story along at all.

Not so much in Mexico, which is written with emotion with compelling characters and their struggles.

Those early episodes just waste so much of Nomi's time when we could have been exploring his strengths and intringue more deeply.

Not unexpected given Larry/Lana and his transiton while making The Matrix.

23. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Mental telepathy, hard core, even transference of consciousness between this group of people, not unlike any special power Xmen or any super heroes have. I got company and got stalled in my viewing of this show, but there appears to be another group aware of their abilities, so I anticipate instead of just helping each other with their individual problems, they will be banding together for a common cause.

I googled her and the first link said nothing about her being transgender in real life. I heard her voice and thought she was doing a good job acting. :)

24. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

There is so much individual closure, but the overall story was left so open. This almost calls for a season 2, but then there wouldn't be any novelty, and the current cast has already had their personal stories closed. I disliked the ending.

25. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Just finished it tonight. Good stuff.

I'll give it a solid 3.5 out of 4 stars. Good overall story and interesting characters. Production value is quite high as well.