Sept 20th orders with October ship date, Apple.com buyers. [MERGED]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acctman, Sep 24, 2013.

1. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

Anyone else order on the 20th with an October ship month (no date)? Any change to your order status or a date added?

I order the Gold 32gb Verizon on the 20th and its in Processing. I hope things will change next week sometime. My local verizon store said the backorder is well into November and no telling when in-store stock will arrive.

2. bkribbs macrumors 65816

FYI you chose a bad model- even in the 1-3 group NONE of those exact ones have shipped. Hopefully they're making a lot and it won't matter.

3. Advil macrumors 6502a

I stood in line and was 15th overall at an Apple store in Dallas only to have Gold AT&T units sell out before I could get one so I ordered online while still in line at about 7 AM with an October ship date. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for Best Buy or something to get some in stock but I don't know if it's too late since I already used my upgrade pricing on the order =\

My order status is "processing items" which in reality probably means "assembling items".

4. bkribbs macrumors 65816

If you are capable of canceling the order, it will return your upgrade (there could be a delay, but this can be avoided by immediately calling ATT after the order is canceled)

5. Advil macrumors 6502a

Excellent. Thank you for this heads up.

6. acctman thread starter macrumors 6502a

acctman

I did the same thing, waited in line (I was 9th) but they told everyone they had no gold iphone and it would have to be ordered online. I ordered immediately from the Apple Store app. I'm paying full price $749 so I am checking stores and craigsliist daily to see if anyone has one. $800 is the most I'll pay for one, cause that's around what my current order is with tax.

7. Roshie2 macrumors newbie

I second this. It's actually quite odd why this is the only model that hasn't shipped yet. You might have better chances with the 64gb, or maybe you should just keep an eye out at the Apple store, or at Best Buy. Good luck.

8. acctman thread starter macrumors 6502a

acctman

I spoke with a few local Best Buy and they're all doing reservations and have said it won't come out until October.

9. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

I did a 64gb gold iPhone 5s for att and I'm in the same processing order situation. Even paid extra $10 to speed it up, but nothing has changed...

10. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

When you call to restore upgrade what do they ask do you have to send them a screenshot or what?

11. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Just want everyone to know that I am October as well and my confirmation email came at 3:54 AM EST.

So even if you ordered within the first hour you are still in this group.

12. rdy0329 macrumors 6502

3:41 et

I got a confirmation at 3:41 ET and it baffles me that I'm also on the october ship date. The gold one was the first to slip and it seems like I have to be waiting a lot more time for it. T-mobile 16gb unlocked version, btw. Hopefully I'm on the 'early' side of October shipment since we can't know for sure.

Question: will apple update it with an actual delivery estimate before it ships? Or from "october" it will change to preparing for shipment and give me a date for delivery?

13. Finz72 macrumors regular

My confirmation email came at 6:58 am EST on the 20th. Maybe Oct, 2014 ? :eek:

14. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Haha yep that's about right. =)

15. rdy0329 macrumors 6502

The vagueness kills me

The Vagueness of an October ship date is killing me! They should at least slap a date on it by now since they have a feel for their production capabilities. Sigh.

16. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

I'm in the "October" club too through Apple.com. Ordered gold 16GB AT&T for my fiancé. I was able to get space gray on launch day.

17. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

Maybe once October actually gets here they'll have narrowed it down a bit..

But I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't ship before Halloween.

18. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I have a question. I ordered through apple store and also have the October date and am processing. If I happen to find a phone in an apple store in the meantime, will apple be able to transfer that phone to my upgrade and cancel my order? It's on AT&T and its the $200 upgrade price.

19. Finz72 macrumors regular

Still standing pat on the "October" ship date. No change or hope.

20. gelie macrumors regular

Seems kind of silly that apple cant seem to peg down a definitive shipping date. I too ordered mine on 9/20.

21. laurasaur25 macrumors member

If you cancel online it will take about 5-10 minutes to cancel and if you do it on the phone it should be instant. I think in store is also instant. I don't think you would have a problem.

22. Finz72 macrumors regular

I thought so too but then I began to think, they probably have no clue when they will be able to ship. I would not be surprised if it actually was Nov.

23. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Thanks all.

What I mean is: Will the apple salesperson be able to cancel that order for me right in the store, or do I need to actually do that myself before going in to purchase the new phone?

24. acctman thread starter macrumors 6502a

acctman

25. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Still on processing ordered launch day 3:50 am est.

Yikes.

October shipping people unite! Or something.