Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
This is disappointing. It’s expected that there will be issues with something thats mass produced and especially when done for the first time, but I still feel bad for the customers who have to deal with it. Green lines, unresponsive screens, cracking speakers, scuffed bands tone issues...thankfully my unit doesn’t (knock on wood) have any of those faults.

You feel bad for customers who have to deal with it? You mean, take the phone back to be exchanged, free of charge, for a working, great device? Yeah, seems terrible!

Stuff happens with things like this. So what. It's a minor inconvenience at that, for most people. Apple will take care of it. Now if Apple blew everyone off and said tough titties, that would be a different story. However, thats not the case.

Move along.

Gatto37

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2016
What's next? Multiple Face Id failure??? This is embarrassing... Steve would be really pissed! Guys at apple! You should really do better than this. Shall I get a Honor/Huawei device instead of my iPhone? o_O

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
It’s prettier than that line at the bottom of the display. :p

Actually, it is pretty. Too bad it’s a defect and not a touch interface leading to some cool new feature. Someone had a video of a Pixel 2XL that would produce a green line like that when he would touch and hold his finger down on the display. It looked like a cool new game, but it was a defect of some sort.

Sadly, the Pixels 2, which I was interested in this fall and which I am in the process of returning, have also had a rough rollout. But the Pixel 2/2XL design is a relatively simple and time tested one. The iPhone X is a new design and a bit more complex than what they’ve done before. So far I don’t see any indication Apple has been lax or careless in the way Google looks to have been on some of its missteps. It is not always easy being an early adopter. I hope Apple is able to resolve this soon and keep customers happy.

roncron

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2011
20 defective units out of 3 million sold so far isn't bad.

And with the money Apple is making off each sale, the cost of replacing 20 or even 200 defective units is peanuts to Apple.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
So far so good on my phone. I'm happy with the display, hopefully it doesn't suddenly appear

Reactions: 840quadra

Leo90

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Switzerland
You feel bad for customers who have to deal with it? You mean, take the phone back to be exchanged, free of charge, for a working, great device? Yeah, seems terrible!

Stuff happens with things like this. So what. It's a minor inconvenience at that, for most people. Apple will take care of it. Now if Apple blew everyone off and said tough titties, that would be a different story. However, thats not the case.

Move along.

It is that easy if there is an Apple Store in your country. I live in Portugal now and here it would take at least a week or two to get a new iPhone.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I get it now...these phones are actually the super special Jedi Edition!
89C9BC7D-5585-4070-B1DB-BF2C2D9B4CF9.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.