SGP GLAS.t Glass Screen Protector

awtryau89

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
They've had these for other phones like the Galaxy lineup etc. People that use them love them. I would do this over their other $28 protector for sure. Its thick so it will limit your case options but probably worth it.

clumsythief83

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2010
WHen I buy screen protectors, I always buy in a pack of 2 or 3, because I always screw up, or because of the bubbles. Imagine screwing up a 28$ screen protector ouch.

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
I've seen this on a SGS2 and I heard problems about it during charging the screen becomes unresponsive?
Actually yeah, I read that too, it's a kernel problem actually, this just seems to magnify that issue for some reason. If you [or the user] is rooted with another kernel, Night-something- I think, it's not an issue. That's for the GS2 anyways. I'm sure they learned their lesson for the iPhone? Hope so :3

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Actually yeah, I read that too, it's a kernel problem actually, this just seems to magnify that issue for some reason. If you [or the user] is rooted with another kernel, Night-something- I think, it's not an issue. That's for the GS2 anyways. I'm sure they learned their lesson for the iPhone? Hope so :3
Oh so it's a software problem? Yeah I hope SGP learned that lesson. I'm quite interested in this protector. But how do you remove this protector if there's dust stucked under it? Doesn't seem easy.

Jmacman78

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Northwest, CT
Interesting, I really like the idea. I really wish they had one for the back. Still fairly expensive for just a screen protector. Maybe if they do a bundle for the front and back I'd pick them up and do a review. I am sure it would limit what cases you could use due to the thickness of the glass.

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Sick of how scratched and dirty all the screen protectors get.. so i took the plunge.. i will post pics and a mini review when it arrives

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

orlandocano said:
Sick of how scratched and dirty all the screen protectors get.. so i took the plunge.. i will post pics and a mini review when it arrives
I am wondering how the coating will stand up to wear?

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I am wondering how the coating will stand up to wear?
Based on the hardness and the oleophobic coating, i actually think itll hold up ok!! my main concern is that its so thick, it might eventually start pealing off if it snags on something, or going in and out of my pockets...

I will make sure to post pics.. and then follow up a few weeks later to give you all the 411 on this product..

Funny, at .4mm thick.. its actually .05mm thicker than the desmay slight case i just ordered

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
1) how easy is it to remove?
2) Getting it on without dust underneath?

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011