Sharing my collection of Apple Store wallpapers and screensavers

Discussion in 'UI Customization' started by ASentientBot, Jan 2, 2019.

1. ASentientBot, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019

ASentientBot macrumors 6502a

ASentientBot

Since 2016, I've been periodically going into Apple stores to copy the attract loops and special desktop backgrounds. I thought some of my fellow Apple fans on here would appreciate this -- please archive and share these so they don't disappear!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UGVz1nrrbRMthbPX4uW_aQHk6o-YlDWr

- Will

P.S. Anybody else got cool hard-to-find media from Apple Stores? I'm a bit of a collector.

Update: I'm still adding new screensavers here every month or two! Just uploaded the 2019 one this Thursday.

2. MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

Thanks for sharing. I used to do the same thing, but lost all of them during a "house-cleaning" effort I did a few years ago.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 30, 2019 ---
    By the way, for anyone who comes across this thread... you can have any movie file play as a screensaver by using the free Screensaver module Save Hollywood.

3. ASentientBot thread starter macrumors 6502a

ASentientBot

Aw, that sucks. I've always wanted to see the ones from before 2015ish.

Did you copy them the same way that I did? Just copy the video ~/Library/Application Support/Pricing and put it in Google Drive? Or do you have a better method?

Also, did you find a way to copy the iOS screensavers? The best I could do was to make an AirPlay server on one of the Macs, mirror the iPhone to the server, and then make a screen recording.

Sorry for all the questions. I've never met anyone else who did this!