Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Shazam, OneDrive, Porsche, FIFA 15, ESPN, JetBlue and More Apps Updated for Apple Watch

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A number of notable apps have been updated with Apple Watch support to start off the week, including Shazam, Microsoft OneDrive, Porsche Car Connect, FIFA 15 Ultimate Team by EA SPORTS, Epicurious, Nick Jr, ESPN, Avea, JetBlue and Letterpad. The updates should be rolling out on the App Store today prior to the Apple Watch launch on April 24.

Shazam for Apple Watch will enable you to discover which artist, song and lyrics you are listening to from your wrist in seconds. You will also be able to see your past Shazams at a Glance with a simple swipe up gesture, turn on Auto Shazam to continue discovering music automatically and use Handoff on Apple Watch and iPhone to buy songs on iTunes, watch videos and more. Shazam is free on the App Store.

Microsoft recently released an update for the OneDrive app to view your photos and albums stored on the cloud storage service on an Apple Watch. You can view your most recent photos, delete photos you don't want to keep, find photos by tag and view your albums directly from your wrist using the latest version of the app. OneDrive is free on the App Store with tiered storage plans available.

Porsche Car Connect for Apple Watch (Image: WatchAware)
Porsche Car Connect has been updated to allow remote display and control of your Porsche from an Apple Watch. The app, compatible with select 2014 models and later, provides safety notifications, journey statistics, vehicle status and a vehicle locator directly on the Apple Watch. Porsche Car Connect is free on the App Store and available for the new Panamera, 918 Spyder, Macan and Cayenne.

EA Sports has introduced new Apple Watch features for FIFA 15 Ultimate Team that help you assemble and manage the ultimate soccer team from your wrist. FIFA 15 Ultimate Team for Apple Watch lets you manage your top five player transfers and get instant game-related notifications. FIFA 15 Ultimate Team by EA SPORTS is free on the App Store with in-app purchases available.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Shazam, OneDrive, Porsche, FIFA 15, ESPN, JetBlue and More Apps Updated for Apple Watch

sampaul

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2012
Philadelphia
Wow, this is amazing to see so many apps are being readied up right before launch. And as for FIFA 15, EA is never gonna stop looking for more ways to rob customers off money....god I am never gonna download that app.

As for Shazam, this is brilliant! No more pulling out my phone to know the song's name.

Comment

Rettun1

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
Shazam would be awesome, because you dont have to go fumbling for your phone then open the app. Ive only used the app a couple of times, since the song im curious about is in a quick commercial or something where I dont have a lot of time to react. Using Siri on my wrist to say "open shazam" would make this 10x easier.

Comment

markemery

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2003
More Apple Watch app updates

Also updated for Apple Watch:

Slice
Orbitz
TuneIn Radio
Fred Meyer
USA Today

(some of these may have already been mentioned, but I'm just seeing the updates today)

Comment

WJKramer

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
JetBlue can update their app for the Apple Watch but not the iPhone 6/6+? LOL

Comment

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
It's great to see so many apps being ported to the Apple Watch. And they'll be more mature and fleshed out when I eventually jump in on the 2nd or 3rd generation of the watch.

Comment

Jungo

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
Now my f'n Porsche won't start ?
what the hel' is wrong with this watch ?

Oh my - we've made it to the future.

Comment

fanboi4lyfe

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2015
Chicago, IL
Bleacher Report

Also Bleacher Report added an update for the Apple Watch. Sounds like im going to be flooded with watch notifications....

Comment

sythesigh

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
UK
Shazam would be awesome, because you dont have to go fumbling for your phone then open the app. Ive only used the app a couple of times, since the song im curious about is in a quick commercial or something where I dont have a lot of time to react. Using Siri on my wrist to say "open shazam" would make this 10x easier.

Surely you would just ask siri to 'name that tune'?

Comment

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
my german train app has been updated for watch support today yet it still isn't optimized for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus.

I thought new apps had to include optimization for iPhone 6 ever since a few weeks ago

Comment

Ivan0310

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2011
Dallas, TX
With Siri's built-in Shazam functionality, why on earth would I need to have a watch-based counterpart for the app? What am I missing?

Comment

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
JetBlue can update their app for the Apple Watch but not the iPhone 6/6+? LOL

It was revealed the entire executive suite of Jet Blue was promised Apple Watches by Johny prior to general release to paying customers...thereafter the Jet Blue app on Apple Watch became a "priority". /s

Comment

WJKramer

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
It was revealed the entire executive suite of Jet Blue was promised Apple Watches by Johny prior to general release to paying customers...thereafter the Jet Blue app on Apple Watch became a "priority". /s

Probably doesn't work with the watch either.

Comment

Alan Mac Farlan

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2015
I got the Blue Dictionary Thesaurus in my Apps ... and it was updated today.

iTunes ... download and hit the sync.

easy ...

I hear that a British Company is putting together an Apple Lightening Jack power case that has speakers and expandable memory slot with an FM/AM radio in it.

App will run the radio scanner just like your home or car stereo, expandable memory slot for your pictures and music, etc.

The 5/5s crowd will snap them up ... but the 6 and 6 plus will like the power and radio for sure.

With the lightening jack in there for the USB it will guarantee iMac hook up and use with USB ports all over the world that recognized Apple products such as Sony, Kenwood, Panasonic, etc.

:apple::apple::apple:

Comment

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
With Siri's built-in Shazam functionality, why on earth would I need to have a watch-based counterpart for the app? What am I missing?

The phone is in your purse/back pocket and the song is not.... ;-).

Depends what you use Shazam for, if its for a song you hear on TV, its much better/quicker to have the app on your wrist.

Comment

cr2

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2011
A free apple watch

with a Porsche? That will be a nice promotion for the both.

Comment

wermy

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2013
...like i own a Porsche.

Oh man, they went to all that effort making the app without checking if you even OWN a Porche first?? What a waste! ;)

Loving seeing all these updates pop up. Easy access to Shazaam is one thing I'm pretty excited about.

Comment

Chrjy

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2010
UK
I wish Apple would just open up the Watch store so we can have a poke around before our watches arrive...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.