Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Prior to the launch of the new iPad Pro models, rumors suggested that the 12.9-inch iPad Pro would be in short supply, and it appears those rumors were correct.

iPad-Pro-July-Shipping.jpg

Shipping estimates for 12.9-inch iPad Pro models now range into July for orders placed today, though the highest-end 2TB model is still available for June delivery.

128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB models have delivery estimates of June 24 to July 8, while the 2TB model, which is priced at $2,200, will deliver between June 2 and June 9.

The iPad Pro became available to order at 5:00 a.m. Pacific Time this morning, and right when it became available for purchase, shipping dates were at May 21 to May 27, so those who ordered earliest will be getting the new tablet in May.

The 11-inch iPad Pro model is still readily available for purchase and will deliver to customers by May 27.

Both iPad Pro models have M1 chips, Thunderbolt connectivity, and front-facing camera improvements, but the 12.9-inch model also has a mini-LED display, which is believed to be responsible for the supply shortages. Bloomberg earlier this month said that Apple suppliers are experiencing poor manufacturing yields of the mini-LED display.

Article Link: Shipping Estimates for 12.9-Inch Mini-LED iPad Pro Slip to July

Last edited:

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
Everyone is after the the big 12.9” model cause the 11” is readily available.

As expected... the 11" is easy to manufacture. The M1 has been produced for many many months now and Apple is probably sitting on huge reserves. The rest of the 11" iPad Pro is the same as last year (well, camera module or whatever, etc. differ) and they without a doubt have huge reserves of these parts as well.

Everyone online claiming that everything would be sold out in minutes just doesn't understand the superiority of Apple manufacturing, supply and distribution chains. Apple has monopolized these markets for years.

JDGwf

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2016
I can't justify this until I get more information what the the iPad and iPadOS is going to do for Developers during WWDC - even a promise of being able to develop in XCode and Node.

I can still wait, although I really want to order it immediately, I'm hesitating. My M1 MBP is doing everything I need development wise, but I'd love to switch an iPad for light editing while on the road.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I folded and ordered from from my cellular phone carrier. They claim a little more than a month shipping time. I have my doubts it will arrive as guesstimated by them.

I guess it will give me time to see some actual reviews, see if there are any apps. that take advantage of the M1 released, and learn about alternatives to the MK. If the "stars don't align" then I can cancel.

Reactions: BlindBandit
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.