Ships "2-3 weeks" -- any chance to get the iPhone 7 sooner?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nikomanz, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Nikomanz macrumors regular

Nikomanz

Hi all,

While some lucky people here were able to get a September 16 release date, I assume a big number of us have "2-3 weeks" wait time.

I pre-ordered the iPhone 7+ 128GB black and Apple says my delivery time is Oct 4 - Oct 10.

Based on previous years, in which I didn't pre-order, do you all think we (I) may get it sooner than Oct 4, or is Apple pretty reliable with their shipping estimates?

2. Swisspo macrumors regular

Swisspo

A couple years back my 6 Plus was slated for middle to end of October.. I believe I got it somewhere around the end of September, beginning of October. I think for the most part they over estimate the delivery dates just to play it safe. Anything is possible and this year everything could be completely different. I like to think though that most people who ordered soon after orders went live will have their devices somewhere around launch or shortly after. Like I said though, anything is possible. :)

3. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Most likely it will come sooner. But doubtful its moves more than a week. Based on previous years estimates.

4. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

I'm the same as you. Ordered mine from CPW. The guy said to me 23rd of Sep but who knows when I will get it. Pretty safe bet the Jet Black will be November due to its popularity.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Apple is very conservative with their delivery dates. It will be there before their date for sure and maybe a day or so sooner but Apple has this shipping stuff down to a science.

6. Tokenfreak macrumors 6502

Tokenfreak

2-3 weeks is nothing, mine says November...

7. digital808 macrumors member

same boat as you folks. order still processing. ordered when pre orders went live! if it wasn't for the hiccup while ordering, i would have secured a sept 16 date.

8. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

You might get it a bit sooner, but not by much I'd imagine. If you're feeling frisky, an I know I've done this in that situation, you could wait in line at your local Apple Store Thursday night/Friday early morning. I've always got what I wanted from my Apple Store in that situation on launch day and just cancelled my preorder.

9. caelius macrumors regular

caelius

Haha, my 7+ is supposed to be delivered on 10/7, too. Hoped for it arriving sooner so that I could directly compare it to the 7 before the 14-day-return ends, but nope, that won't work out, I guess. Hoped that it would turn into a 9/16 magically, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. :D

10. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Spazma above has the right idea. I have always walked in on launch weekend and grabbed one.

11. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Pretty good chance the phone will arrive sooner.

12. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Jet blacks will not arrive sooner. Other models may.