Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
When Apple loses the appeal and everyone's phone is not backdoored, everyone complaining now are going to look like idiots running around scared, yelling the sky falling.

Slippery slope! Precedent! Awesome scare words being used now.

Im going to leave this right here for you. Just one of many incidents that has happened over the past year and half. What makes you think anyone requesting an alternative OS that removes security, can properly secure it when they get it, to prevent it getting in the wrong hands?

It's like giving a kid the key to the candy store and saying, go pick just one thing and come back home after you're done. Uh huh

You might want to go sit at the kids table and let the adults talk.

phillipduran

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
Says the guy who probably has a browser that looks like this..

too_many_toolbars.jpg

Keep it up guys. You're making a great case for yourself here. :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHA! :D I'm laughing, but I'm also crying because I've seen a browser like that once.

mbh

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
This reminds me of the hoax Goodtimes Virus which claimed to cause a computer to enter an "nth-complexity infinite binary loop". It's good to know our government officials are now using the same tactics as internet trolls to scare people.

Takeo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2004
Canada
A Cyber Pathogen?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHA. I literally laugh out loud. That's just awesome. That should be the name of Bruce Willis' next movie!

Benjamin Frost

Suspended
May 9, 2015
London, England
This is how the Government truly sees us: as complete idiots.

Vote them all out. Take a chance on a third party (your choice) in 2016.

This year, both in the UK and the US, it feels as though people are rejecting the political status quo en masse, and maybe that's a good thing.

Big business needs to become much less powerful, and so does government. All countries need to enforce their borders properly and put an end to most immigration. Multiculturalism is a cancer which destroys society and values for everyone.

Reactions: You are the One

phillipduran

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
This is the biggest piece of BS I've ever read on this site—INCLUDING the forums. America: Where public officials can blatantly make crap up to deceive the mindless millions. When people used to say that reality TV was rotting our brains, it was mostly a joke. But now we've got Trump last night in the debate condoning torture and murdering people's innocent families and the people in the crowd are going wild. This is no longer my country—it's now some cancerous tumor that needs to be treated.

People used to wonder how the people of Germany went from such a kind, cultured people to mass murderers under Hitler. This is how it happens. People are frustrated—I get that. But we're headed quickly down the most dangerous path I could possibly imagine. Like it or not, we've been the beacon of freedom in the world and a staunch defender of freedom and democracy for a couple hundred years. If we go down, the world goes down with us, and much of the world reverts to it's old ways but with new technology that can stifle freedom of speech and expression now more than ever. They can track you from orbit and strike your house from a drone 15 miles away. What sort of uprising can fight against that?

Yes. We need a return to smaller government.

I've entertained the idea of Trump since he is a team USA guy and I like that. Among other things hes said wrong, he got a final irrevocable NOPE from me with his comments about how soldiers will do what he says. No, they will not, they are taught to disobey unlawful orders. Torture is a stain on our nation, I don't care if they are terrorists, we are above that and should advertise that we are above that and set the example for the world to follow on our decent handling of captives. I don't care if terrorists have intel that can be tortured out of them, find that information through other means. Beating captives is one of the most disgusting things you can do. It's on par with rape, slavery, torture, oops sorry, it is torture. Its disgraceful.

Who can fight drones and a powerful military? A lot of people with guns can. Happens all the time all over the world that the simple folks overthrow governments. Guerrilla warfare has stoped powerful nations. It's a false belief that you cant do anything against an army or government with tanks and guns. The second amendment is for more than self defense, if you're not in support of it, you should be.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
What if the phone contains a timing device and entering the correct passcode will activate it?

I did not just say that...

EDIT: Can you hear the theme for Mission Impossible playing in the background?

Dale

Last edited:

hindmost

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2009
Nice 'Official Picture' of the local 'DA'. Now his family can brag, ' Our Daddy was the 'Fourth' Stooge' of the famous 'Three Stooges'.

He was 'set up' by the 'big boys' at the Bureau in DC to make his idiotic comment and he's too dumb to know he's been 'punked'. I'm almost surprised he didn't advance the possibility that 'Allah' left personal instructions via email on the phone. As Bugs Bunny observed, 'What a maroon!'

Last edited:
Reactions: Trogladite

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
Creating the 'pathogen', cracking the iOS to make it carry the payload, getting a job with the city/county to deploy the 'pathogen' is sure a lotta work to go through when you just know the UID/PW for San Bernardino's cyber infrastructure is probably just "admin" and 'password' ...

Reactions: gigi1701

mytdave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2002
I can picture the meeting now: "It looks like our agenda is going south, quick, make up some new siht!"

paul4339

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009
haha... it might contain a "lying dormant cyber pathogen" = it might contain a "computer virus"

Poor attempt from the district attorney to make up fancy technical terms to confuse judge (and other readers).

He is trying to make it like it so sound serious (words like "pathogen") that it will sway the rationale to support the case in favor for FBI. That is, he trying to imply that the shooter is also possibly also a cyber-terrorist trying to infect all the County computers with a "pathogen" and therefore it warrants trying to get access into the iPhone. lol.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.